Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

David Fanning - Mistake?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dish Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoljar wouldnt you say Nick Maxwell is playing a similar if not the same role to what Jason cloke did for us
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 pm

dish wrote:
Spoljar wouldnt you say Nick Maxwell is playing a similar if not the same role to what Jason cloke did for us

I think Maxwell offers a lot more flexibility in that he can play forward as well as back. Being able to play both sides of the ground is another major asset in modern day footy.
IMHO Cloke's biggest problem is that he went for the spoil far too ofter rather than take the mark.
dish Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:33 am

I am not saying id rather him over Max no doubt Maxwells leadership is much better than Jasons and i agree with you on your last point i just think there is still a place for Jason in the AFL Id love to see him get another crack
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:12 pm

Agree with you, Dish, Clokey isn't as bad as many make out. I'd still prefer Maxy, he has more strings to his bow, however it's hardly as if Jason Cloke is a dud.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Look, Jason is not a dud but, despite his height increasing by 3cm's since joining Bendigo, Rolling Eyes he was too short for a KPP back and not quick/agile enough to play on small forwards. Once harry gets back and IF our other backline prospects improve enough, Maxy may well find himslef in a similar position. Harry isn't our future CHB, he's our future Jimmy Clement. Maxy has Wakes spot nd has next season to make it his own.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: