Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

stupid kangas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 12:41 pm
Post subject: stupid kangasReply with quote

today's game was bloody good. probably the most enjoyable loss i've seen. not that it was enjoyable, there was just so many highlights from our boys that made it good. let me go through each player. richo played pretty good, it was great to see shawry run into the middle of the ground before the game to pat him on the back. bucks was actually a bit quieter, which was good because some other guys played better and showed they can carry the team. his snap goal in the last was sensational, though he did make some mistakes. patto was desperate, nothing special though, dropped some crucial marks. ricky was solid was he was on the ground, took a strong mark right in front of me. freeborn was ok, missed some easy goals, took some good marks, including a great one of the run (again in front of me). willo was back to his best i thought, that goal on the run in the last was brilliant. schaubs was pretty good, spent a bit of time on the bench and came back on in the last and was solid. took a great mark in the square in the last. tape didn't do much at all. burnsy had a poor first quarter, but really made amends in the next 3, showed some great hand skills on the half-back line (the run out of the backline was great, especially betho and lane). davis started on the ground, missed some tackles, got taken off and didn't come back on. tazza........well, what can you say. one of the greatest marks of all time in the last quarter, he was up there for so long he could've read war and peace and had a cup of tea. as for pebbles, well, he wasn't too good, though he was ok in the ruck. missed two of the easiest goals ever. tarks had a bit of a shocker, made two crucial errors (a kick into the forward line that was full of north defenders, and a dropped mark in the last). rowdy was solid yet again. crosisca was fantastic, bloody tough, and his hit on capuano was brilliant. lica was ok, needs to work on his kicking on the run though. lane had a superb third quarter (that was a great quarter overall), but got carved up by welsh in the last. presti was very good again, shut down carey in the second half, and took some fine marks in the last (did anyone see his big pack mark? that was beautiful). scotland didn't get much of a run. mal turned it on in the third quarter, he was like a ball magnet. needs to work on his goal-kicking though. betho was great, he's really hungry in the midfield and took it right up to stevens and co. overall a pretty good game, although we did make a lot of mistakes, which is probably a good sign, especially as we were so competitive anyway. enough from me.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 1999 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

newflash: presti lead the team in marks today with 7. go presti!
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 1999 4:07 am

Well I came home from yesterday's match very dissapointed. We should have won. There were a lot of good efforts by our boys and some pretty poor ones. We at Collingwood must find the best sports psycologist money can find to help the Rocca brothers. Anothony Rocca's kicking at goal yesterday was pathetic. Hitting the post twice from the goal square is totally un acceptable. The guy is great but he needs help when kicking for goal, a bit of self belief. I wish he would drive his boot through the ball and slam it through the big sticks instead of being frightened of them. Our boys dropped their work rate in the last when the game was there to be won and with efforts like Roccas in the early minutes of the last you can't blame them for being a little deflated. Did I mention that from Roccas behind the Roos took it up the other end and kicked a goal. Tarqs dropped an easy mark for a another soft Roos goal. I will defend his other clear error for the day. Shaw started all our players in our backline at the start of the second half. A couple of minutes had elapsed and still there was nobody for Collingwood up there. Tarqs was under pressure and he did what you should do in that situation, quick it quick and kick it long, not try a stupid little handball or chip the ball, the only thing wrong with his kick, nobody there to mark it. Buckley on Carey didn't work, never looked like working, it's been tried in the past and it didn't work then either but I guess it was worth a shot. Presti did much better and is getting better every week. Tarrant took a mark of the year contender, Mal Micheal distroyed Pickett, they were the two highlights of my day. My last Collingwood game for the season was a downer but the horizon is looking good, bring on 2000.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 1999 3:57 pm

ONe NOTE:

Buckley played on Carey in 97 and SLAGHTERED him - I have it on tape and watch it regularly - so Shawry was not completely wrong to start him there.

Having said that, I believe it is a bit of a slap in the face to Presti to not start him on Carey and at least show confidence in him.
Presti's game showed that he SHOULD have started on Carey.

He has really matured this year (why is it that champion Northern Knights Forwards make very good AFL Backmen? Think A.Rocca & Presti)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: