Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ahhh

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 1999 11:47 am
Post subject: ahhhReply with quote

you have to worry when you go to the footy and you enjoy the reserves game more than the senior game. did anyone else see the reserves? it was unbelievable. we won by 121 points if you haven't heard. ben kinnear was absolutely superb in the last quarter. it was just a beautiful exhibition of footy. anyway back to the seniors. let me go through the players. monky wasn't too flash, took some good marks but allan drifted forward too easily. richo took some fair marks on the forward line, spent a lot of time on the bench. bucks was terriffic as usual, although he did make some clanger kicks. kicked a great snap goal in the last quarter at ground level. patto was ok, got plenty of possies, he just has to stop bombing it inside 50. freeborn had a shocker. schauble actually played pretty well in the first half, kept whitnall quiet and provided some drive. did nothing when moved to the forward line. wazza was ok, needs to try to find more of the ball. in the first quarter he went for one of the best runs i have ever seen, ran from centre wing, to a big pack about 45 out, then ran through the pack (somehow), ran to about 20 out, and shot for goal. he got pinged for running too far though. was a great run though. davo is out of form, can't find the ball. tuckey was impressive in the first half, needs to work on kicking for goal. wildy was quiet, tagged bradley for most of the day. pebbles played a great game, was our only real force on the forward line. tarks played well again, didn't get as many possies though. veno spent most of the game on the bench. browny probably played his worst game for the year. crosisca played his best game for the year. lane started out well, but got quieter as the game went on. presti was actually very impressive, shut down beaumont completely in the second half. jaco played fairly well, got a few touches. godden had his worst game for the year, got slaughtered by beaumont. raso played the best game of his career i think. mal was very quiet in the first half, but had a great second half. betho got a few touches, still needs to work on his kicking. overall a disappointing performance. i hate simon beaumont, he is an absolute idiot. by the way, if we don't get rhyce shaw in next year's draft we're crazy. he was unbelievable in the reserves today. i swear i've never seen a footballer run as fast as him.
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 5:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the pleasure yesterday of going down to Melbourne to see the match. I have had the pleasure of seeing our two worst games, I saw Sydney belt us at the SCG. Yesterday was worse, I hate Carlton and I am sick of them beating us all the time, I thought the players would be sick of it too. Full credit to the Blues, they played great footy. Our midfielders just didnt get enough of the ball and when a Carlton ball carrier had it there was no pressure on him and just kept slotting the ball on the forwards chests. I think our backmen played pretty well considering they were under siege. Wasleys run was great but the ump didnt think so, the umps gave us a rough go in that first term. WIld went for a great run too but surprise surprise he got ran down. I don't care how many possies he gets in the 2nd's he is not good enough for senior footy. The 2nd's were good, having Paul Williams playing in there certainly helps. Sadly the seniors are undermanned at the moment too many injuries. One thing foxy didn't mention was the sensational win by Collingwood in the little league. I love the little league and the scores should be posted on the live scoreboard or in this bulletin board. Collingwood 5.2.32 Carlton 1.1. 7. Well done little fellas. Foxy is on the money once again, young Shaw must be taken under the father son rule, he was all australian in the teal cup or whatever it is called now.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 4:02 pm

Foxy is spot on with Rhyce Shaw. Give that 2nd round pick up NOW for FAther-Son.

(MY RESERVES MATCH REPORT IS UNDER "TRAINING AND RESERVES" SECTION)

As for the rest of the seniors, they should all hang thier heads VERY low indeed.

Bucks played well, but not for 4 quarters (happy Birthday for Today), and allowed hi opponent (Kouta) to get far too much of the ball. Crosisca saw plenty of the ball, but was the main culprit in the "let's just bomb it into the forwards and hope someone gets it" division.

Pretsi deserves credit for a great 2nd half, but the game was well over by then. Schauble was not terrible, but he showed no reason to keep him into 2000 (why did Shaw put him at FF? My 8 month old daughter is a better shot for goal than him).

Wild might as well have been in the stands. Godden suffered from Shaw / match committee either having too much faith in him or just being too slow to correct an obvious mismatch. Tuckey seems to be good for 2-3 very good marks, but then disappears.

Lockyer continues to impress - especially on kick outs (yesterday he was even more assured than Bucks). Pebbles was patchy, but at least provided a target. Lane and Betheras continued good, but not great, form.

When you list all the talent missing - especially the 2 best forwards this year (Sav and Tarrant) - it's not hard to see why we went down. What is hard is swallowing the lack of pride in the last 15 minutes.

Just our luck to have our next game in Perth against the severely humiliated Eagles.

Anyone for cricket?
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 1999 5:10 pm

Yeah and i'm gonna me sitting there in the egirls members with my collingwood guernesey on too. Like i do every year.

I just hope we can at least make a fist of it this year. We've lost the last few years by about 10 or so goals each time.

Plow Out
P.S give Adkins a go

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 1999 1:26 pm

i'm just hoping wasley isn't one of the six changes this week. if he is i'm going to be so angry, they just need to keep him in the team. i thought schauble was great in the first half on whitnall. the guy is only 21/22, he just needs some fitness and he'll be good. i have to admit i think presti is coming good, even if he will never be a flair player, you can see him becoming a reliable defender. what's more he's been running around players a bit more lately, so he's showing some mobility. i'm not sure that we should give adkins a go. have you seen the guy? if he cops a knock from one of those big eagles players he'll die. which is why we should keep veno in the team this week, just to provide a bit of punch in the back line. i'm guessing they'll drop him though. as for smith, we should at least give him a run. robert walls mentioned him on sunday night, said we should give him a go. at least he's tall. licuria, orchard, willo should all come back in the team this week, and kinnear is a certainty. he looks a great prospect on a half forward flank or even in a key spot. i reckon shawry will give fuller a run as well this week, and maybe tape. it'd be great to see walker dashing around the WACA in his home state, but i doubt it'll happen. can anyone take a guess at who those six players will be that we drop this week? i'll take a guess:
richo (maybe)
venables
wasley (i hope not)
davis
wild (i doubt it though)
jaco
bring in orchard, licuria, kinnear, willo, fuller, and i'm not sure who else. oborne? scotland? why not? i'd like to see oborne get a few more games under his belt before the season's over. he and kinnear really blend nicely in the forward line. and is it just me or did raso show a bit of skill against carlton? he seems to have slick hands, even if he only got a few possies. and by the way, are we getting live coverage of the whole game this saturday? i think we may only be getting the second half. how stupid. enough from me.
go pies
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 1999 10:34 am

did the melbourne papers just forget about the collingwood match tonight? all they could provide us with was the lineups, no preview or banter. it's as if they just don't care. funny though, if they didn't exist they'd lose about half of their readers. can't wait for the match tonight, even if we lose i don't care i just want to see the guys play.
paul 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 1999 2:07 pm

Were the younger players dropped for tonight's game because the late start means its after their bedtime?

I think its more to do with the magoos having a bye and allowing some of the more experienced players a run at the top level without jepordising the opportunity of having the magoos gaining some finals experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: