Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Oh When The Pies, Oh When The Pies, Oh When The Pies Come Ma

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 11:34 am
Post subject: Oh When The Pies, Oh When The Pies, Oh When The Pies Come MaReply with quote

Well ironic that it took Shaw's announcement of his resignation to bring about his first win in June. At least he can leave knowing he finally won a game in June, otherwise that would of been a point the media would play to death. as funny as it seems we are fair chance to win 3 on the trot or even more (though both scenarios are unlikely).Port at the G and Cats at Whiskers,Shell, Ford,Mrs Smith (a fan who sent in a couple of grand for Geelong) Stadium. Then Hawthorn and Carlton all are realisticly winable games the way the team is playing atm.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 1999 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear of another win. Makes a sunny pommy day easier to take. Hopefully Shaws totally unexpected announcement will inspire the boys to a few more wins in order to impress our as yet unknown coach. I have heard a rumour in the genetic engineering social whirl that is London that it is likely that a lock of Jock McHale's hair saved by my great grandmother is to be used in a DNA splicing experiment to 'grow' our new coach. Anyone heard who Jock's genes are to be spliced with?
Go pies!!!!!

------------------
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 1999 4:55 am

I was ecstatic at the charcter in our win over the Puddings.

HOWEVER, it now brings up my nightmare scenario:
WHAT IF WE HAVE 5 WINS UP TO ROUND 21?

We certainly want to give the Lions a good ol' fashioned towelling to celebrate the demise of the great Viccy Park, BUT WE MUST HAVE NO MORE THAN 5 WINS TO QUALIFY FOR THE FIRST 2 DRAFT PICKS!!!

Here's hoping we'll flog Port (the fake Maggies) and Carlton (do I need to giove a reason?) and lose honourably to all others.

(I can't believe I really want us to do that)
Bill Banks 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:25 am

One of the greatest things about that win was that it was Monkey's 200th. He took on Everitt & Loewe in his usual lion-hearted fashion. Damien Monkhurst is one of the all-time greats. It is early days, but Rupert Betheras seems to have filled a hole in the on-ball brigade. He gets great value for his kicks and has the essential marking ability for a ruck-rover. I hope Tony Shaw perseveres with Brett Tuckey. He is a genuine marking option on the forward line. Although he is yet to trouble the scorer, he may be on the verge of getting a bag of goals.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 4:46 am

that was a truly great win on saturday. the first half was real depressing, but i had that feeling at half time. great to see tazza doing well, i always knew he'd be good, he's got the perfect body for footy. i just hope they keep wasley in the team for a few weeks, has anyone seen that guy run? pure pace, and such grace. he nearly kicked a great goal, he ran from centre wing after taking a mark and ran to about 40 out and he bounced the ball but it bounced away. bit of a bummer. i'm hoping they bring back schauble sometime soon, he's doing well in the reserves. and they have to keep presta in the team, no matter what you all think he's a good dependable player, kept bazza hall pretty quiet for a bit. richo looked good on the weekend too. god i could go through the whole team but i won't. please everyone jump on the wasley bandwagon, i tell you he's going to be one of the greats.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 10:07 am

We're Black, We're White,
We're F&@#%$G DYNAMITE,
COLLINGWOOD! COLLINGWOOD!

Arrghhh I should have gone. But I had vowed never to go back to arctic park again. Was it cold out there on Saturday? Sounded great on the radio. I was confident all the way through the game.

Will Arkansas go up on video report for anything? Why did Barry Hall have to leave the ground for (I know it was the blood rule, but did Anthony thump him?)

I have been saying for last two years to throw Anthony in defense rather than bench him. (I also say throw Sav onto the ball rather than bench him too!).

How did Presta go? I have been on his case all year (I wanted Schauble back, btu he looks pretty unfit) because he rarely made any productive moves forward. I reckon Shawy is going with Presta because of his harder work effort (he looks a lot fitter than Schauble or Richo) but he has shown nothing to indicate he will make it in the end as a regular player.

How did Mal Michael play?
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 1999 11:52 am

hopefully anthony won't be put up for wrestling. i doubt it. hall started it anyway, and pebbles made him bleed, it was beautiful. ok i may as well go through every player and how they played. monky - what can you say. played beautifully. got loewe and everitt benched for a while. richo - came on at quarter time and did pretty well, kicked a great goal to put us in front, actually showed some agility. bucks - too good for words. freeborn - was pretty quiet, managed to get quite a few possessions though. nearly made a big blunder when he ran too far with the ball and got tackled. fuller - hardly got a run. wasley - had a great first quarter, including that big dash that i mentioned in my last post. burnsy - played great as always. tarrant - showed us the talent we've all been waiting for. kicked the winning goal. look a VERY likely type. tuckey - actually showed something today. needs to work on his kicking, as he's yet to trouble the scorers, though he nearly kicked a great banana from the boundary line in the last quarter. anthony - played very well again. showed some real passion in defence, and kicked an important goal. lockyer - i liked his game. has such nice kicking skills, looks like he might take the kicking-out job from buckley. actually all through the first quarter our kicking out was superb. we had some zone system going and it worked a charm. brown - played great, no more need be said. crosisca - very busy, but you don't seem to notice him he's so effective. lane - had a quiet one after a few great weeks, should bounce back next week. presta - wasn't his best game, but they should keep him in the team. he'll show something soon, he does his job and he has the perfect tempremant for a defender, really denis banks-like. well maybe not quite as aggressive, but they look the same. sav - was fairly quiet, had a team-lifting last quarter though. jacotine - a quiet game, probably needs a spell in the reserves just to find his feet again. godden - workmanlike as always, once he learns to kick he'll be great. raso - hardly got a run after playing his best game the week before. did anyone see his pick up and blind turn in the last quarter against adelaide? that was just pure perfection. mal - played his best game for the year. everyone knew he was in for a good one when he made a huge spoil on someone (i can't remember who it was) in the first quarter. betho - another great game, has got enough hype from the press without me going on. he's only played like 7 games and he was on the herald sun hero poster! well that's it. everyone make sure they get to the G on friday night. i have a feeling we'll win big, really big. sav's in the mood for a bag of 10 i reckon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: