Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Galant in defeat"....stop bloody patronising us

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 1999 4:25 pm
Post subject: "Galant in defeat"....stop bloody patronising usReply with quote

If I hear any more phrases like "galant in defeat", "had a red hot go" or "Took it right up to the opposition" I'm fair dinkum gunna throw up.

The fact is, we played a very average side yesterday, playing well below their capabilities with none of their stars firing ie: White, Farmer, Schwartz and we couldn't put them away.

The way I see it, the Honeymoon is over. Sure we still have a team of kids who are learning the game, but there comes a time when you stop talking about what goers they are and how green they might be and you start getting on with the business of winning footy games. I think this is important for the long term future. They should all be hurting after that one.

The fact that we couldn't put Melbourne away must be a worry for Tony Shaw. The umpires gave us the absolute world yesterday, If I were a Range Rover driver I woulda been screaming for their blood.

The other concern must have been that Bucks had a rare off day, Burnsy was missing and we couldn't win a game we clearly should have.

Sav missed a couple that he should have got but after all he is a Rocca. If Sav or Anthony mark in the forward line they should go all the way back to the 50m arc to take the shot- no matter where they are!! (I'm serious) Anthony was like a brick wall down back again yesterday and is fast becoming a very reliable player. He, Mal and Presti are a great foundation to build our backline around for the future.

Tyson Lane was impressive again and played his best game for the year by far. I don't know what Shawy's story is with Nick Davis though. Sure his form has been a little down on the lofty standards he set at the start of the year but you've got to be on the ground to get the ball - maybe it was a discipline thing. Great to see Monkey, Bagger and Rowdy doing well, their value to the kids should not be underestimated.

Keep rotating the kids again this week against the Crows. James Wasley must come back in and there are a few who've had a good go now but need to do more to keep their spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: