Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Monky/Willow and Jason

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 1999 7:15 am
Post subject: Monky/Willow and JasonReply with quote

Well , I'm sticking with my original assessment of Monky's game; pretty damn good.
OK so he made a shocking mistake in the goal square and shepherded a goal for them but everyone makes mistakes; the point is he stood tall on Sunday and along with Brownie was the only Senior player to do so.
As for the continuing debate on Jason.
I'd rather have him trying his guts out and getting the hard ball than Paul Williams giving zip: that's on CURRENT FORM.
There is no doubt we're geting more from Wild than many others at present and that's why he continues to get a game.
The guy is very limited, we all know that; but give credit where it's due, he's having a dip and at present giving us more than a few other big names, Williams among them.
It's worrying actually, the form of Williams.
He has been very disappointing the last 12 months or so. We really need him to stand up.
I thought Sunday's game was going to be one of the club's most important for many years.
We needed to capitalise on the Boar'd momentum and get things rolling on the field.
The 11 and 12 year old fanatics out there have Never barracked for a successful Collingwood. They have grown up seeing Collingwood near the bottom; an Unsuccessful club. The fact they continue to be so passionate is a constant source of amazement and pride. But it is starting to show; my grade six class this year has twice as many Essendon supporters as Collingwood.I'm not in the West either. In over 20 years in the classroom this is a first and a big worry.
So Sunday we failed again and those kids went home disappointed.
I wonder how long we can expect them to stick.
When we were growing up ...OK we didn't WIN flags but we were always right up there and playing off for one. We got great value for our money following the Pies.
How much value is the 10 year old getting at present??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: