Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

roccas??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 1999 12:28 pm
Post subject: roccas??Reply with quote

I heard that sav was left at full forward, and anthony at CHF all game, and both were well-beaten. So why weren't they moved seeing that they have been doing well at their more recent positions - ruck and full-back???????? could have had a big effect on the game.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 1999 7:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokka,
I agree that this is a big issue in the pie factory. The twoo opposing issues are of course, play them in the ruck and at FB versus, put them in attacking positions where they might ignite the whole team. Given the 3 love draw to date I'd be going for the former option and attempt to settle them down as they are "big" cards and surely we have to be able to rely on their performances somewhere. I keep thinking of Sav and Pebbles as being thwarted by their own potential and god given ability (yet untapped). I also am drawn to the parallel with the big Fish, Salmon. He has matured in the ruck and whilst at Essendon suffered from Sheedy's reluctance to let him ruck, always casting him at FF when goals were at a premium. In addition, the parallel is perhaps noteworthy when you consider how poor Salmon performed at FF given his enormaous advantages of height and skill (similar to Sav). Salmon is like Sav in that both are almost shy, certainly not aggro and brimming with confidence. The pressure at FF works against that "type" of psyche and it has shown to be detrimental to their performance in that position. By now they've proven this. Poor old pebbles was like a young recruit when given the chance to prove himself in the bacl-line and Sav always seems to "enjoy" himself in the Ruck. "If I were coach" I'd stick with them and try to develop them rather than waste them by trying to ignite with a glimmer of hope that they might click. My vote is for them to play Ruck and back-line to build up their belief in themselves a la Salmon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: