Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jason Wild the GoalSneak

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 1999 3:59 am
Post subject: Jason Wild the GoalSneakReply with quote

My observations from the Sherrin Stand ....
Sav put in a shocker but I believe they did the right thing for a change and left him on the ground - as with Anthony there is no point dragging them - they'll never improve on the bench - good forwards (and footballers) develop when they experience bad games as well as good - confidence players like these 2 need to experience and draw from it in the future.

Another impressive start from Nick Davis before tiring Willo put in a shocker and is really struggling Don't be fooled by Monkey's stats - he was terrible - the goal he shephered through for the Eagles was one of the most pathetic things I've seen on the footy field - he's got no idea how to fill the hole and he consistently makes 3-4 fundamental errors a game - we should get better from such experience.

Presta has to go - even before he banged his knee he still managed to be out of position every time the ball came forward - how excited the Club was when they got this fella - yesterday confirmed it for me - he will never be more than average - the way we are going we'll send Tarrant the same way
Wild's stats will look good again but his skills were terrible - why when we are 4 goals down Shaw would persist with Wild starting in the square tagging is beyond me - when he did move him he put him in a forward pocket - meanwhile it took until the game was over for Lane to come onto the forward line (then he kicked 2 goals).

Shaw's coaching was again poor - no messages for indescretions ; no counter attack when our game plans are figured out at half time and again blaming it all on skill errors not his coaching.

Interested to hear what others think but I reckon our players are very soft at the moment. I don't mean in the sense that they'd ever shirk a contest but soft in that they simply don't run hard all day, they don't run hard to stop their opponents running off them, they don't run hard to provide an option going past (which is one of the reasons our disposal is so crap - every one is under pressure), they don't run hard to shepherd and they don't run hard to fill holes that the opposition run into. You add this up and multiply it by 18 and it comes to a large part of the difference between us and the opposition. I know Frawley doesn't agree with me - sadly anyone who saw the interview with Frawley last night would have heard how he thinks we are trying our guts out.

In Tarrant (to play on a flank not in a key position)
Out Wild

They've gotta lift for this week - I hate hearing Carlton's theme song but hearing those band wagon jumpers screaming "Yellow & Black" will just about finish me off.

Go Pies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: