Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Practice match against North Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 1999 4:52 pm
Post subject: Practice match against North MelbourneReply with quote

Could someone please write a report on the match between Coll. vs Nth. Melb. yesterday?

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 1999 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, you can view the AFL news page and The Age - Footy 99 for a couple of reports. Like yourself though I'm craving for some real reports from our own crew,,,,, don't know why they're all so quiet though, must have had a bit to much sauce after the disappointing effort against the shinboners eh!

Nick 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 1999 10:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

(Copied without permission from that other great Black and White Bulletin Board on Hotrod's Extreme Black 'n' White site - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~hotrod/extreme.html - originally posted by GeorgeM. Thanks George and Hotrod)

Well, I watched both the reserves and seniors against the 'roos and never have I been so disappointed with the team.

Our reserves scorline says it all 2.13 25.

Even the great hopes in Scotland and Oborne were disappointing. Neither got many touches and they failed to impress. A good sign was Jacotine in the middle where he got a lot of touches and was hard at the ball. The problem with him is he has no polish and won't be the quality player we need. He is much better than Wild though!

Smith played full forward all game which made no sense if he is going to be a back up ruckman. On top of that he was useless at FF.

Of the others, Lockyer did nothing, Tuckey refuses to improve, Kinnear showed he can take a mark but that is about it, Godden played OK, Raso didn't to much, Olarenshaw was good. Hopefully Ricky avoids injury as he could be a key in the seniors.

Overall a very disappointing performance and having heard Frawley at quarter and three quarter time, he seems to have no plan or ideas.

As for the seniors, it was more of the same. The most frustrating thing was that there was no flow to our game. We rarely ran the ball freely through the middle of the ground. North on the other hand seemed to do as they pleased.

What came out of the game was:
On the bad side - Presti is not up to it. Freeborn is a waste of money, Wild is probably going to play again.

On the good side - Licuria is a good player, Orchard is even better and will be our much needed tagger.

Finally Davis is a budding champion. Although he only had five or six touches they were all class. Tony Shaw seems to like blooding the young players by sitting them on the bench. Luckily for Davis, Brown was injured and there were few other options on the bench. He came back on with ten minutes to go and kicked a high quality goal and set up another for Williams. Hopefully Davis progresses this year, as it will be hard with Tony Shaw refusing to give young players a run. If I see him on the bench during the year and Wild on the ground, I think I will throw up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: