Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ansett Cup

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 1999 4:31 am
Post subject: Ansett CupReply with quote

Both the Reserves and Seniors play the first round of the Ansett Cup this Saturday (13/2) at Manuka Oval in Canberra against Sydney. The Seniors play at 5:00pm and the reserves at 1:30pm.

The travel arrangements are as follows:

The seniors depart Melbourne on AN256 at 1:00pm on Saturday - arriving in Canberra at 1:55pm. They return to Melbourne on Sunday on AN113 at 9:50am - arriving at 10:50am.

The reserves depart Melbourne on AN92 at 8:20am on Saturday - arriving in Canberra at 9:15am. They return to Melbourne on the same day on AN97 at 5:00pm - arriving at 6:00pm.

The scoreboard will be running on this site for overseas supporters or interstate supporters without television coverage.
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 1999 3:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your friend I "unluckily" live in Canberra and went to the match. I caught the last two quarters of the reserves where Frankie Raso, Monkey, and Tuckey played well.

There were a lot of turnovers in the seniors, Watson left his brain at Melbourne airport and cost the team at least 2 goals in the first quarter. The pies were quick but overall lacked height.

By the way the most unlucky thing about living in Canberra is the politicans that NSW, Victoria, etc send here. I wish people would grow up and stop using this place as a scapegoat for every problem the country has.
Lulie Street Phantom 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 1999 3:36 am

I reckon George Q and Doug should meet in the new Victoria Park Tavern to continue this rivetting debate on the virtues of this nation's great capital - Gloves off, no rules and the winner gets an all expenses paid trip to Canberra, where they can visit the War Memorial and Lake Burley Griffin and other exciting attractions.....

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 1999 8:02 am

Hey Phanto, what rivetting debate on the virtues of this nation's great capital are you talking about? I never mentioned vitures, anyway the most exciting attraction in Canberra is the Weston Creek footy club on a Friday night when the woods are on TV. I would rather the prize be a trip to Mordiallic creek (id it's still there) where I caught fish as a kid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: