Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training 17/3/'99

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 1999 12:51 pm
Post subject: Training 17/3/'99Reply with quote

Attended training this afternoon and as it was the first time in a couple of seasons,
a few things really stood out.
The overwhelming impression I got from sitting near the dug-out with 27 others on this sensational, mild Autumn day, was the absolute professionalism that ran through every facet of the training.
Danny Frawley ran the session with 3 other skills coaches. The skills coaches called players one at a time for short sharp ball skills. Even Bucks was called to do one.
Tony Shaw attended but only called a few players aside for chats(Wasley/Rasso).
When a drinks time-out was called I was astonished to see the players file over take the drink from The Bench area and then line up to throw their cups into a bin.
Not one cup was left on the ground.
A very small detail I know but one that left a big impression...every facet of the day was drilled to perfection....behaviour on the track also.
I must say that the first 45 minutes or so was the quietest training session I've ever heard; it later warmed up with the usual suspects offering loud encouragement(Crossisca/Monky).
Luke Godden did full training but was hobbling a bit.
Sav did all training also but received treament to his right upper leg, the same leg which had a heavily bandaged knee.
Whoever told Sav that the Julius Ceasar
brush-cut,DIED JET BLACK,was a good look??
A few other interesting new hairstyles were noted; a couple of heavily preroxided heads and much gold "tipping" evident.
Lee Walker ran a few laps but didn't do much else.
A few players impressed;
37 -lightly built guy with nice skills.
47-there were actually 2 players wearing this number..can anyone help with names.
16-Wasley very sharp
Orchard, will be a good pickup if today was any guide.
Tyson Lane-very enthusiastic.
Anyone else attend?
Cheers.
Godden and Wild seem to have improved their foot skills; actually much emphasis was placed on kicking for accuracy and to me the skills looked much better.
I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

------------------

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 1999 3:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil,
As mentioned in my previous email I was also there. I was sitting just on the other side of the race from Neil Balme and a few other blokes. It sounds like you stayed a bit longer than me but I agree it was conducted very professionally. It was also good to see Shane Morwood back on the field and helping out.
Damien.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 1999 4:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Damien and Neil, you don't know how much it means to those of us 'over the water and far away' to get these reports. I like the pictures you paint - I can just about be there.

New Players this year:

2 - Mark Orchard
8 - Ricky Olarenshaw
9 - Glenn Freeborn
19 - Nick Davis
24 - Tarkyn Lockyer
25 - Cameron Venables
32 - Paul Licuria
33 - Tyson Lane
34 - Brad Oborne
37 - Jeremy Sharpen
38 - Craig Jacotine
41 - Damian Adkins
44 - Heath Scotland
47 - Craig Anderson
49 - Rupert Betheras
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: