Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

new GAME OVER sticker designs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Barracks - Home of the Magpie Army

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

surelly someone from collingwood(membership dept.) has read these posts, can you please give us some information about about what we can and can't use. Actually its a parkside jumper there is no afl logo no mention of collingwood.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:23 am

Quote:
I don't think people get the Link here. Nicks is a BB supporting the Collingwood FC, that means something like this sticker is obviously Collingwood FC related and therefor AFL related.

Saying the Black and White stripes represent the East Burwood, Brunswick or even Hamilton Footy Clubs is an obvious lie. That kind of thumbing ones nose at the AFL is akin to waving a red flag at a Bull(shitartist) and would end in tears.

Tess you seem to know everyone at the club can you make a quick phone call for us and find out what we can and can't use.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Stoka - I spoke to the Club.

The problem is not so much the magpie, or the logo, but that the item (sticker, badge) is for sale in direct association with Collingwood.

ANYTHING that could be seen to represent Collingwood is an issue - pics of magpies, the word magpie, black and white stripes, player's names, player's nicknames etc, etc.

There are obvious limits - no one could ever argue that everything black and white belongs to the AFL. You could produce a b&w soccer ball, not a problem. Try producing a b&w footy.

Same goes for the sticker - if it contains anything directly related to the image of Collingwood and is sold in direct or indirect association with the club (ie Nick's), you are competing with the firm that the AFL has licenced to produce AFL stickers.

Think of all the AFL licenced product out there - that's what they are attempting to protect.

I suggest that when you have a final design, ring the Club and discuss it with Eugene. I'm sure he will take your call.

Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:44 pm

and that makes a lot of sense. Well done WPW.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:54 pm

Stoka the bastards dont own the gold jacket...design a gold jacket and stick that on the sticker
with GAME OVER...THANKS FOR COMING!

PUT THE DESIGNS UP HERE MATE AND WE'LL CHOOSE WHICH ONE WE WANT AND WE'LL JUST DO IT!!

We'll sell shit loads mate Smile

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:30 am

Quote:

The problem is not so much the magpie, or the logo, but that the item (sticker, badge) is for sale in direct association with Collingwood.

ANYTHING that could be seen to represent Collingwood is an issue - pics of magpies, the word magpie, black and white stripes, player's names, player's nicknames etc, etc.

There are obvious limits - no one could ever argue that everything black and white belongs to the AFL. You could produce a b&w soccer ball, not aproblem. Try producing a b&w footy.

Same goes for the sticker - if it contains anything directly related to the image of Collingwood and is sold in direct or indirect association with the club (ie Nick's), you are competing with the firm that the AFL has licenced to produce AFL stickers.

Think of all the AFL licenced product out there - that's what they are attempting to protect.

I suggest that when you have a final design, ring the Club and discuss it with Eugene. I'm sure he will take your call.

Thanks phil for the enquiry can the club foward these designs to the afl and get them approved or what is the process or is it to hard?
Looks like there is nothing you can put on these stickers as it is going to be associated with collingwood.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:55 am

STOKA35 wrote:
Quote:

There are obvious limits - no one could ever argue that everything black and white belongs to the AFL. You could produce a b&w soccer ball, not aproblem. Try producing a b&w footy.

Thanks phil for the enquiry can the club foward these designs to the afl and get them approved or what is the process or is it to hard?
Looks like there is nothing you can put on these stickers as it is going to be associated with collingwood.

FFS everyone ..stoka mate we aint gonna rob any swiss bank here....we had game over stickers a couple of years back with the pic of me..it was promoted on Nicks Board and nothing happened.

Design a Gold jacket symbol..like a plain gold jacket with sleeves with Game Over Thanks For Coming..the gold jacket aint owned by the AFL and the AFL cant claim any ownership because the sticker is in black and white.

Seems to be a lot of fuss over nothing more so from those who are peeved off because of whet we want to do...The AFL cant do a bloody thing we aint breaching any copyright here.
We could sold hundreds yesterday, Thanks Stoka Smile

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:58 am

Try and design a gold jacket game over sticker Mark stick em up we'll have a look....and we'll just do it mate even if it means we decide by private messages ive never heard of so much crap!!
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:57 am

Mark
Just had a chat to Eugene he has no probs with the Gold jacket game over stickers..i suggest we do a simple outline of a gold jacket color it in with gold..and go with the words Game Over Thanks For Coming..should be a bonza Smile

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:45 pm

joffa no problem with the gold jacket design mate, can you ask eugene about the jumper design sticker as in my opinion that it is the best looking one.

with this sticker if I showed someone who arrived in australia or resides in australia and does not follow football.To me if you follow collingwood you would no but if you don't you would not know.
-would they no its the collingwood football club or an afl owned jumper as there is no mention of collingwood football club on sticker and the game over thanks for coming slogan has nothing to do with colligwood or owned by the afl.
You would only assume it was linked to collingwood without being 100% definate.
Also to those who maybe concern I am not profiting from stickers doing them at cost to raise money for the cheersquad.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:54 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
joffa no problem with the gold jacket design mate, can you ask eugene about the jumper design sticker as in my opinion that it is the best looking one.

with this sticker if I showed someone who arrived in australia or resides in australia and does not follow football.To me if you follow collingwood you would no but if you don't you would not know.
-would they no its the collingwood football club or an afl owned jumper as there is no mention of collingwood football club on sticker and the game over thanks for coming slogan has nothing to do with colligwood or owned by the afl.
You would only assume it was linked to collingwood without being 100% definate.
Also to those who maybe concern I am not profiting from stickers doing them at cost to raise money for the cheersquad.

Dont worry about the sadsacks with concerns mark what we're doin is fun and it's inclusive it gets everybody involved in what we all do...no losers in this project mate..its fun and people will buy em i can promise ya now!!

PS steer clear of any collingwood stuff mate...a pic of a gold jacket as mentioned in the above posting and maybe on the gold jacket we also have words in black GAME OVER...will be a beauty!!

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:20 pm

Joff, could we get a photo of the the Gold Jacket and impose the woring onto it. Then place that on the "Thanks For Coming" sticker.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi All just got word these 2 designs should be fine to use. Lets decide
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:21 pm

This is my very very favourite....
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:22 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
Hi All just got word these 2 designs should be fine to use. Lets decide

Which 2 Mark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Barracks - Home of the Magpie Army All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: