Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Josh Fraser

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Big return for Fraser

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=316747

Josh Fraser spoke to CTV after his outstanding four-goal contribution to the Magpies’ 48-point triumph over St Kilda on Friday, his first outing of the pre-season.

Fraser formed a potent forward line combination with much-improved centre half forward Travis Cloke in the 15.10 (100) to 7.10 (52) triumph, and was thrilled to have come back so strongly.

“It’s been a fairly long pre-season, so it was pretty timely I got out there today. I guess I didn’t expect to sort of finish off the way I did, but managed to get myself in a few good positions”, Fraser told CTV.

“It was a great win by the boys, we should get a lot of confidence out of that.”

With Guy Richards and Chris Bryan productively sharing ruck duties, it allowed Fraser to push forward and it certainly gave the Magpies forward line, which is still without Anthony Rocca, a really dangerous look.

“I think if Guy and Chris can share the ruck duties, then there’s no doubt I’ll go forward, but as we saw today, Travis Cloke’s more than capable of playing that centre half-forward role, and Anthony Rocca didn’t play today as well which people probably tend to forget, so we’ve got a few options, particularly in height going forward.”

Fraser admitted, though, he still feels very much like a ruckman, but is happy to help the team any way he can.

“I still see myself as a ruckman, and hopefully I can play most of my footy in there, but to have the ability to go forward just gives us another dimension in our forward line, and I’m sure Guy and Chris would be itching to get that chance as well.”

The 25-year-old Fraser was on Thursday confirmed as one of Collingwood’s deputy vice-captains, along with Ben Johnson, for 2007. Nathan Buckley will again lead the Magpies, with James Clement the club’s vice-captain.

favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:12 am

Direct link

http://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl0/CTV/070302_md_hb.wmv

He is the next captain of Collingwood.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:59 pm
Post subject: Josh Fraser: Can he deliver?Reply with quote

I've watched Josh over the last 6 years and continue to be disappointed.
He still teases us with a little bit of brilliance every so often and then he goes missing....completely. His first half against the Kangas was pitiful.

Against Richmond he had no influence in the first half and yet did well in the second half.

The thing is, he is not a young hopeful, he was our acting captain and yet Rocca appeared to do all the yapping and encouraging.

Josh just lacks consistent intensity and I find myself screaming at the TV for him to impose himself.

He shouldn't ever be considered for captain.

Is he an untouchable now?
He should be high on our trading list in my opinion.

I've run out of patience Josh.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:01 pm

What I have Seen - I would Say No. He has not lived up to the Hype when he was drafted.

Buy he can still prove us wrong

Didcos435 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:08 pm

He looked like he would be a superstar after his 2nd season, and then he got the case of OP and it took an effect on him.

He needs some help. He has always had to take on these big bulky ruckmen, and it's not his go. That's why it is important to use Bryan, and if not go and look for a bulky ruckman.
Harvey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:42 pm

oh cmon

Last season was fantastic from josh. Held up the ruck all by himself and proved to be an extra midfielder around the ground for us.

Some people simply have short memories. He's obviously unfit atm so he's unable to perform the role he played so well last year. Wait till he runs himself into full fitness so we can find someone else to bag
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Give it a rest. Josh CLEARLY isn't fit, he is carrying some kind of injury the club are not telling us about and was probably only kept in the team cause we couldn't afford to lose Clement and Fraser at the last minute.

How else could you explain the fact that he started on the bench and didnt come on to the ground until 12-13 minutes into the first quarter? He probably spent less than 50% of the first half on the actual ground, are you aware of this? When Fraser was on he was brilliant, he had some fantastic hitouts right into our midfielders lap. But anyone who was at the game watching him could tell he was struggling, he is definetly not 100% I would put my life on that.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:04 pm

So Josh has fulfilled your expectations; is that what you are saying?

Think back 6 years. Remember the hype and expectation?

Sure he may not be 100% but that's not my point.
I'm suggesting he is not the answer for Collingwood. He's all we have granted, but is Josh ever going to be a Dean Cox or a Sandilands or an Everitt?

I doubt it.

I think overall, Josh has been disappointing and certainly not what we had hoped for.
xtcc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:12 pm

i dont rate his 6 years @ the club. injured or not he does not dominate games enougth as a ruckmen, forward or back. give him a run on the wing
PS Taz should of been tried on a wing
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:30 pm

If played in the right posistion HE CAN!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Magpie_Dan wrote:
If played in the right posistion HE CAN!

I agree - HE IS NOT A BLOODY RUCKMAN

Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:38 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
He's all we have granted, but is Josh ever going to be a Dean Cox or a Sandilands or an Everitt?

Are we talking in the ruck or around the ground? Fraser always kills Everitt in the ruck and he is miles better around the ground than Sandilands and Everitt. He is no Dean Cox but Dean Cox is the best in the AFL.

Aside from Rocca, Fraser is the most important player at the club. If we lose either Rocca or Fraser then that is the end of our season - see 2004 & 2005 if you want that point illustrated as clear as day. That is how important Josh is to us.

Josh has had no support for the last 6 years. Our second best ruckman for the last 6 years have been rubbish. The world is expected of Fraser, the expectations are obviously not achievable. He is meant to dominate the ruck, dominate aorund the ground and provide a target up forward with no assistance?

As far as I can see he is doing everything he can and is the last one I would be leveling criticism at. If Fraser gets injured our form will disintegrate so fast you won’t know what hit us.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Josh Fraser: Can he deliver?Reply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:
He still teases us with a little bit of brilliance every so often and then he goes missing....completely. His first half against the Kangas was pitiful.

Against Richmond he had no influence in the first half and yet did well in the second half.

The thing is, he is not a young hopeful, he was our acting captain and yet Rocca appeared to do all the yapping and encouraging.

Josh just lacks consistent intensity and I find myself screaming at the TV for him to impose himself.

What a load of F#cking crap!!!

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:41 pm

Ive never been a huge fan of josh...in fact 2 years ago i started a thread called "Trade Josh Fraser" or something like that and i copped the most abuse i ever have in my life.

Last year, i was proved wrong. Josh did more than stand up last year...he imposed himself on the AFL. Despite to this day not been a fantastic tap ruckman, his ability around the ground makes him at time just as dangerous as Dean Cox. He also found consistency last year.

This year has been very very poor from Josh. He is out of touch. However i do think he was badly injured against the Eagles and is feeling very flat. He did not run on Friday night and barely made an impact against Simmonds in teh ruck...in fact Guy Richards did quite a good job at times in the ruck (but again showed how much of a dud he is aroudn the ground)

Josh should be rested somewhere during the season. Not yet as we are so undermanned, but he should be given a break and Bryan should be tested somewhere. Essendon could be a good idea to try Bryan as they usually play Hille, Laycock and Ryder, but we must find a game where josh is rested completely.

My problem with josh is his aerial skills. Although he can take some good marks, he is not a good contested mark as he has a light frame and is easily displaced in a contest.

I am amazed at the amount of people calling for him to be a permanent forward. He would be a total waste in this position. He cannot take contested marks, he is a 50/50 shot on goal, and although been quick for his height, is not quick for a modern day forward. A good defender like a Rutten, Scarlett or Glass would eat him up...so would most teams 2nd rate defender.

His ability comes from being an attacking ruckman. He is quicker and more agile than just about anyone in the league for his height...including Cox...and when he goes forward, his opponent cant go with him and he finds himself in space and is able to penetrate on the lead.

He puffs out because he runs so much for a ruckman...something he has not done this year admittingly. But his workrate is top rate usually. If Richards finally comes through, it will be an enormous boost for Josh who can have more breaks on the bench or up forward with a mis-match.

Im sure Josh will stand up this year again, but he is carrying something at the moment. The next 2 weeks will be telling as we play Saturday, then again on Wednesday infront of 90 thousand. However he should get a good rest after that.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Josh Fraser: Can he deliver?Reply with quote

Neil Appleby wrote:

Your on ignore appleby i find your negative collingwood crap all the time offensive..have a good life mate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 26 of 43   

Jump to: