Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35 Simon Prestigiacomo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:44 pm
Post subject: #35 Simon PrestigiacomoReply with quote

SIMON PRESTIGIACOMO

179 Games (7 Finals), 3 Goals
Guernsey Number - 35
Height - 193cm
Weight - 95kg
Date of Birth - 31 January 1978
Recruited from Research/Northern U18
Debut - Round 11 (June 16, 1996) Collingwood vs. West Coast Eagles (at Subiaco).

An underrated defender for most of his carrer, Simon Prestigiacomo is undoubtedly one of Collingwoods most reliable and consistet players in his defensive roles.

Presti proves his worth to the Collingwood backline time and time again, as we've seen him keep big name forwards quiet on multiple occasions.

In 2006 Presti played 19 games, including one final.

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Prestigiacomo
http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/S/Simon_Prestigiacomo.html
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=players&spg=playerprofile&personid=13193

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What they said!

hehe

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:44 am

Simon Prestigiacomo
Superfan Luke Mason
collingwoodfc.com.au
http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=players&spg=fanfile&articleid=295745

Quote:
When people of the football world discuss the best defenders of the modern era, the usual suspects crop up. Essendon’s champion defenders in Dustin Fletcher and the recently retired Sean Wellman, 300 games Hawk Chris Langford, uncompromising Kangaroo Glenn Archer and Carlton’s fullback of the century – Steven Silvagni are the players whose names crop up more often then not. However, one player many football followers do constantly overlook is Collingwood’s dour and miserly fullback Simon Prestigiacomo. The man affectionately dubbed ‘Presti’ has covered many a champion full forward in his career – which has spanned over 10 years. He is one of the best spoilers in the business, and is never one to cover himself in public glory.
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:43 pm

I'm a big fan of Presti. An absolute workhorse. As the article says he's a real quiet achiever; he may not play "pretty" football but put it this way when he's not in the team I always worry.

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:35 pm

Couldn't agree more Didaicos, the backline just inspires more confidence when the name Prestigiacomo appears in it. Presti is one bloke whose value is not measured by stats. His ability to bustle, spoil and apply body pressure in marking contests on the leagues most dangerous forwards is his niche. Very underrated by those outside Magpieland, but we know better. Wink
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 am

Always been a nice bloke our Presti

Recently whilst at the Lion enclosure at the zoo with the boys who should rock up and say G'day.....The Prestigiacomo clan was good to meet Mrs Presti as well.
As we went he made comment about not having to eat wholesome food he was looking forward to devouring a meat pie.
Prior to the Malthouse years this bloke was just a player, Malthouse transformed him into one of the most reliable full backs of the competition, 2007 will see the end of Presti as i noticed in 2006 he's last a yard or two...has been our greatest workhorse and we love him

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 pm

The 31st of Jan will Be Presti's 29th Birthday. Best wishes to the great man!
presti fan Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:50 pm
Post subject: Presti for PMReply with quote

Love what youve done here Presti #1 fan. Ive always loved watching our backman since childhood in the 60s, and Presti is definately up there with our best. Hope he plays all year and brings up his 200th game. A true champion of our club. If anyone watches from the backpocket and watches presti theyll see a real professional go about his work

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESTI !!!!.

johno Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:24 am

Brisbane Player Profiles

Toughest AFL Oppoment

Jonathan Brown.....Simon Prestigiacomo (Coll)

Not bad

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 pm

At my mates girlfriends place, but i'll quickly write my summery and fix any errors later.

Collingwood Vs St. Kilda Practice Match; 2-3-2007

Could be inaccuate cos lets just say i had some distractions in the crowd Wink

When i read the paper tomorrw we'll see how accurate it is... Razz

1st Quarter:
Vs Gheric;
Handballs 3, Kicks 1, Frees Agaist 1 (Deliberate), Spoils 1

2nd Quarter:
Vs J.Allen with stints on Gheric and J.Blake
Had an interesting run during the quarter. There was a funny incident with Harvey where Wakelin kicked the ball to Presti who was on his way to the interchange bench. When Presti returned to the field he went back to Gheric.

3rd Quarter:
2 Spoils, 1 Kick followed by an interesting dribble... Razz

4th Quarter:
Vs #39 got a good kick out of a pack situation.
Vs Milne which was supprising!!
1 Free against (the new bullshit holding rule)
1 Kick
Took a great grab and had 1 handball.
Vs #39 took 1 mark and lost out in one contest.

Goald kicked against; Zero. (mite have been one i missed)
Overall he had a good game keeping his opponets quiet. He layed a few decent tackles too.

Last edited by Presti35 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:46 pm

Nice report Presti#1, Hopefully others will follow your lead for the other players.

Good to see he is still being Miserly!

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:49 pm

I havnt heard much about his game up in Sydney... all it seems to mention is that he struggled with the new 'in the back' rule and Hall kicked 2 on him.

Quote:

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/bm/sport/695409.html

The Swans burst out of the blocks in the first term with Hall making an immediate impact against Simon Prestigiacomo, who appeared to struggle with the new rule interpretations.

But in lighter news he was named as one of the 25 players to be considered for the All Italian team. lol. Cant see him being selected infront of SOS for the FB position.
http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=38900

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:56 pm

Nothing like a heart attack to start the year off.... Shocked

Once again it was hard to keep track of Presti when he was on the further side of the ground from where i was sitting. And ofcourse im sure most of you would understand that i kind of lost track there during the last quarter lol...

Presti must have ran 1000 K's today and he spent alot of time following Brown back and forth. I noticed that Presti was coming up field alot more than he usually does.

He spent 99% of the day on Leigh Brown. He spent very short stints on Matt Campbell and Corey Jones in the 2nd quarter before moving back to Brown. Also during the last quarter he spent a couple of moments on Swallow and interestingly Harvey who is about the size of Presti's leg.

1st Quarter:
Vs Leigh Brown; 1 Kick.

Stated the game at CHB but spent most of this quarter following Brown upfield. From the first bounce Presti followed Brown and was involved in a ball up in the centre square. I almost felt like Brown was taking him out of Presti's danger area... which ofcourse is CHB/FB. When Roos players were lining up Presti would follow Brown out of the 'danger zone'.

One thing that upset the crowd was when Presti made a spoil in defence but the umpire called the mark. Perhapd Presti was a bit late but i'd like to see that again.

2nd Quarter:
Vs Leigh Brown; 1 Kick, 1 Handball, 1 Tackle and 2 Spoils.

Brown did score a goal this quarter after losing Presti in a pack situation. Presti wasnt close enough to make a spoil attempt. I think he was just going for the ball and Brown snuck out and took a mark.

I dont think Presti spent as much time running around after Brown this quarter and seemed happy enough to be planted at the FB position.

In this quarter he also spent very short stints on Matt Campbell and Corey Jones before going back to Brown. (Wakelin spent time on Brown).

It was good to see Presti giving some direction to the younger players when they were changing match ups. Communication between Presti and Wakes was also a good sign.

This could just be me wearing my Presti goggles, but right near the end of the quarter it seemed as if he flew for a second in an attempt to spoil a mark. Perhaps we should call him Air Presti? Razz

3rd Quarter:
Vs Leigh Brown; 3 Kicks, 1 Handball, 2 Spoils and 2 Marks.

I believe the entire quarter was spent on Brown at CHB.

My notes say something interesting happed at the end of the 3rd, but i cant remember what it was... i'll have to watch the replay to see what it was lol.

4th Quarter:
Vs Leigh Brown; 1 Kick, 1 Handball
Vs Andrew Swallow; 1 Handball, 1 Spoil, 1 Mark.

There was an interesting incident which was against Swallow (i think). The ball was tumbling towards the boundry line and he was one on one out with the Roos player. Presti won out, beat the line and kicked the ball forward. Maxwell kicked the goal from this play. It was a huge effort from Presti and he deserves every credit for the goal. (ok i'll settle for the assist) Razz

Not to long after Maxwells goal, I dont know if Presti was looking for someone to pick up or just noticed Brent Harvey on his own, but Presti picked up Harvey for a few moments in the later parts of the last. Which perhaps shouldnt be so suprising as he has played on smaller players like Milne (in a practice game) and Scott West (last years Qualifying Final).

Harvey got a mark and took on Presti and I thought for a second that Presti was gonna catch him (Sampi Style) but Harvey got away and kicked the goal. Geez if Presti had of caught him it would have brought the house down... aswell as my lungs... Razz

My notepad went back into my pocket when the game got close, but im pretty sure Presti stayed on Brown/Swallow til the final siren... which took its sweet ass time! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Goald kicked against; Two. (That includes Harveys... i dont know if it should count or not)

Top efforts from Presti, especially in the last quarter. He wont be a vote getter but he never gives up in a chase and once again gave his all.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:29 pm

was it just me or has presti slimmed down??
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:42 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
was it just me or has presti slimmed down??
he featuered on the black and white show and i thought his shoulders looked alot slimmer. Presti is Presti i dont think anything will change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: