Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jeremy Dukes.....gone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WKB 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale61 wrote:
When he retired, Westy helped out coaching staff and took some of the younger defenders under his wing.

Saade offered him an assistant coaching role at Port, which he snapped up. Port didn't have to worry about their AFL aligned club choosing the coaching staff, because as you know, they were a stand-alone club last season.

Port have gone ona major recruiting spree and have signed a lot of players, so don't be surprised to see them be the big improvers in 2007.

Yeah shows how much I remember my footy years, I do remember him at the huddles etc after he had retired so in my mind I was guessing it was this year.

Bloody Port have me worried a little, I'll admit i've only been following VFL for a couple of years before Collingwood aligned with Williamstown (as a family friend played with Williamstown and I was living in the Northern Territory making a tad difficult to follow) but I'm there practically every week proudly wearing my Gulls colours and have come to hate Port Melbourne and everything they stand for with a passion and I enjoyed watching them be shithouse this year.

Who else have they recruited, Robbins, Spriggs, all our guys, others I can't remember of the top of my head, if they come together as a team will sadly be a real danger.

Outside of Johnson in the middle, and Greene, Williamstown will have essentially a whole new spine next season.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:22 pm

Dale61 wrote:
and there is also some interest in getting Chipper Adkins signed.

Intel is that Chipper has signed with Frankston.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:04 pm

It's now been confirmed that Chipper will run out for the Dolphins in 2007.
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Iaccabuci has signed with the Northern Bullants
WKB 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:21 pm

jonesy86 wrote:
Iaccabuci has signed with the Northern Bullants

Didn't Yakka get drafted onto the Geelong rookie list? What happened there?
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:54 pm

dunno, but there was photos in the local paper here with yakka kitted out in bullants gear with some sponsors
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:46 pm

Yakka is a hack, I have no idea what all the people who thought he should have been in the seniors were thinking. I never saw him do anything for Willi either... lol Can someone fill me in as to why they thought he was any good to begin with?
WKB 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Yobbo^LuKa wrote:
Yakka is a hack, I have no idea what all the people who thought he should have been in the seniors were thinking. I never saw him do anything for Willi either... lol Can someone fill me in as to why they thought he was any good to begin with?

Well it's an interesting question. I'm not sure you went to the right Williamstown games as Yakka had more than a few good ones for the Towners. In the end he probably lacked that half a yard of pace but he new how to get the pill, both in and under and running through to recieve. There were times in the last couple of years we were losing contests in the middle, particularly 2005 when we had injuries he more than deserved a go. He was never gonna be a buckley or a judd or voss but he had a few consistent weeks with Willy when weight of numbers indicated he might have been due a senior spot. The main problems was he could fade out in parts of games which he couldnt' afford to do and maybe that's what the coaching staff saw.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: