Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

your most memerable footy moments!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:50 pm
Post subject: your most memerable footy moments!Reply with quote

some of my memerable footy moments would have to be......

starting off with a game in 1995 when we played geelong at the MCG and we were fighting for a place in the finals! it was a classic game and the lead changed many times.sav kicked 5 and dermi was good support with 4, i remember coping sh** from this geelong supporter the whole game and when the siren went he cried! lol, and he was like 15!

my next greatest memory would have to be 3 years back in 1999! we had a shocking year and we came up against the saints at waverly park! we had only won 2 games for the season coming into this game and we were trailing by 25 points at half time and it wasnt looking good at all with saintkilda scum givin it too us! the next half was the most satisfying for the whole year! we ran over the top of them by 22 points and the best moment of the game was letting Tony franicis have it after letting through a mungrel punt from Sav!

my next footy moment would have to be when we came up against the lions at colonial in 2002! we were givin no chance and it was 1 of the best games ive eva been to in my life! it was goal for goal and i remember when there was seconds remaining and the ball was kicked forward by brisbane! then all of a sudden acne anus got it and handballed to Mc cray and he was 20 metres out and kicked it right into waklin who played on and then speared it to bux! i couldnt breath at that stage and ill never forget it

and i couldnt leave out the pre-lim this year when nick davis was running around the boundary line and managed to sneek it in for the sealer and ill never forget the crowd celebrating after that last didak goal! ill never forget it

anyway those are my greatest footy memories, sorry i wrote so much cause i was just bored sh**less and kept writting! anyway please share your greatest footy memories!

footy ROX!
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The best 3 games I have ever seen in my life!

1- Collingwood Vs Essendon Anzac Day 1995 at the MCG and I was a first year cheersquad member and at that time and we were allocated to the forward pocket on the 50 metre line in the Southern stand bottom level and what a heart stopper! (IF ONLY BUCKS HAD A SHOT FROM 60 M AND NOT PASSED TO ROCCA WE COULD HAVE WN THAT GAME!)

2- Port Adelaide Vs Collingwood in the season of 2001 at Football Park when Josh Fraser intercepted a Francou handpass to Nick Stevens and he did have players by theirselves further down the field and ran in and kcked the goal to seal the match! (THE BIGGEST RUSH WAS WHEN THE PLAYERS CAME DOWN TO SING THE SONG WITH THE MAGPIE FAITHFUL) A bIg BuZz THAT WAS!

3- Port Adelaide Vs Collingwood 1st Qualifying Final 2002 and the FIRST COLLINGWOOD FINAL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO, and god wasnt that something man? I have never heard a bigger roar at a Collingwood interstate game I think WE MAY HAVE OUT NUMBERED THE PORT SUPPORTERS AND not 1 Port suporter said anyhting after the match or got in the way of us, the city of CHURCHES was just dead as per usual!

My final most memorable match was when we played Adelaide in the Preliminary final 2002 and I reckon the roar sounded louder than the 1990 Grand final when we crunched Essendon let me add, I wasnt there in 1990 but the roar of the crowd was very SPECIAL AND THAT GAME AND ALL THOSE OTHER GAMES I HAVE MENTIONED IN THIS POST WILL forever hold a special place in my heart as I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BEETER YEAR FROM THE PIES FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER!

Those Pies you gotta love em!

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:58 pm

My most memorable and footy experiences (in no particular order) are...

1) The day Micky McGuane kicked that goal against Carlton. I was sitting in the Olympic stand at th efence.

2) ANZAC Day 1995, never had experienced anything like it, iot was AMAZING.

3) Rowdy's last game, i was absolutely devastated beyond words.

4)The last game at Vic Park, such a morbid day when the club was at their lowest time.

5)Vs the Bulldogs in 2001 when we kicked 10 goals in like 15 minutes, MY MOST HATED TEAM.

And now for my favourite experiences...

1) Travelling to Adelaide to watch us beat Port in the qual. The whole trip was one hell of an AMAZING experience.

2) The preliminary final was THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, and something ill nevr forget. Nothing beats that day.

3) The granny. What a bittersweet day. I couldnt enjpy it because i was just too zonked, too many emotions, i was soooo excited, soooo nervous etc etc and then ABSOLUTE HEARTBREAK to cap it all off. It was something ill never forget though.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:01 pm

This season the wins agaist Brissie and Essendon were also just awesome and an undescribable feeling that makes u so proud and so pleased to be so heavily involved with Collingwood.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:07 pm

Well nothing beats the days of standing behind the goals at Vic Park with all the boys. That atmosphere was amazing and something only experienced at Vic Park.

But it terms of actual games some of the Collingwood v Carlton games at VFL Park were pretty crazy especially the ones where Daicos would be on fire and the game where the flare went off at the scoreboard end. The rivalry was so intense it was fantastic and in those days having Collingwood win meant the difference between a goood and bad week at school for me....lol

This years Port game was amazing as we were the underdog playing interstate and to win was just brilliant. To have the majority of my Collingwood friends there was a bonus.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:22 pm

most memorable

1.Peter Daicos's oft revisited banana goal from the boundary versus The girls in the '90 Qualifying final. Also Millane smack on one dimensional Worsfold in the preceding play leading to that goal.

2. The 1990 Grand final. Dougie Barwicks goal and the celebration's that ensued. Also Daicos's snap from the boundary to get the boys on the board in the 1st.

3. Mick McGuanes goal versus Carlton in '94.

4. The stirring qualifying final win that gave us all hope of bigger things to come.

5. The great third quarter v the Cows in the Prelim. Rocca's goal from the half back flank (or so it seemed ). Add to that Betheras unlikely goal - overall it was an awe inspiring 10 minutes of finals footy that we have been starved of for more than a decade.

6. Glen Freeborn running over McCrab in this years finale and the subsequent slip of the tongue by Robert Walls when giving special comments on the replay of the bump.

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 28 October 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: