Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made us 'Collingwood people'? from '01 - Add your story

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit similar to Brown26 in that my dad is Collingwood, so is my grandfather and his dad. My family is split equally in support of Collingwood and North Melbourne who my mum and both other sisters support, my brother and I followed dad. I guess I have always been a bit of a daddy's girl. As a kid I thought that my dad was the reason that we had not won a GF in all those years because he couldn't get to the 1958 GF but went to every subsequent one.

I can't ever remember not following the pies, it has been a part of my life since day one, I couldn't imagine it any other way. My dad, brother and I always had reserved seats in the Sherrin stand just behind the Cheer Squad at Vic Park and I have some brilliant memories of the place - Daics running past the members wing and kicking a miraculous goal and the stand rising as one - who could beat it!?!?!? I ducked out of work at lunch time this week to see the boys train for the prelim and the memories that came back sitting at Vic Park.....fantastic!!!

I remember in 1990 going to the GF and my younger sister, who is a mad North Melbourne supporter, saying to my dad and I, "When am I going to be able to see a Grand Final" and Dad telling her "You'll get your turn" (and they certainly bloody did!!). She sent me a "Go Pies" text message yesterday before the game - it was good to have the shoe firmly back on the correct foot again!!!

What Collingwood means to me:

Everyone loving to hate us!!

Family, pride, passion, tears, joy, frustration, jubilation.

A million memories:
My brother and I tearing up phonebooks to throw at a GF.
Making a deal with the people that sat in front of us at Vic Park that we would meet them the Sunday after the next premiership.
Micky Maguanes big run and goal.
Banksy's king hit.
The magical Daicos.
Browny diving to the bottom of a pack.
My dad and I crying at the 1990 GF.
The roar of the crowd yesterday when the boys ran out and more importantly when the final siren sounded.

Cheers!!!!

TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:24 am

well i have a lil family story as to why i go for the pies....

My father grew up in S.A and over there they were big Port Adelaide Magpies fans and so was my dad and his 3 brothers, growing up in a poor family with a single mum him and his bros all had knitted port maggies jumpers which they all loved, then he joined the navy when he was 15 (plz spare me the jokes lol)and that was when his love of the Collingwood Magpies blossomed. Then 6 years later i was born in '86' and has been brought up around them but i think ill neva forget the moment when i went to bed in tears becoz of a footy game....
It was the 94 final and i was sitting on my dads lap a lil 8yr old who had always gone for the pies but neva really embraced them with my heart....n e way i remember feeling my heart beating faster than usual and my dad was screaming his head off then the siren went and my dad just went quiet i remember going to bed and crying thinking wat could have been!!! and feeling a real sorrow in my chest i know that this was wat took the pies to my heart even thou it was a terrible nite it will always be in my mind the day that i became a true Collingwood Supporter.
I first got my pie guernsey was last yr with my first eva pay i paid $100 cash and then this yr i got 19 on the back as Nick Davis is my fav like brodie but i wear it all the time at home while watching a game or to a game sometimes to the shops if we have a great win. And last week after the first final and we beat port i went to my doctors appointment in my scarf and a old man goes to me GO PIES!!! lol i agree joffa i often wonder wat would it have been like if i luved another team and hated the pies then i go nah no team like the pies team!!!

*~Catch ya later luv always Tara~*

Wait in line for 6 hours getting a grand finals ticket: $120
Buying my train ticket to the 'G' on saturday: $11.00
Watching Nathan and Mick hold up tha premiership cup: PRICELESS!!!

I LUV YA NICK DAVIS AND BRODIE HOLLAND U 2 R THE BEST AND R THE SEXCIEST!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:50 pm

Well..... I have been a Collingwood suporter since May 16th, 1988!

Here's da story!

When my mum was very little her dad used to play football for Tatong and they wore black & white. So when she watched football on TV she saw Collingwood and immediately went for them.

Living in a home of Richmond Supporters she somehow convinced her sisters & brother to go for Collingwood as well as friends at school. Years later she met my dad who was from New Zealand and didn't know much about footy. She somehow got him into Collingwood and now he is obsessed completely!

When my sister, Belinda, was born on February 16th, 1979 she was immediately made to go for Pies! The next year my brother, Brendan was born on April 22nd, 1980 and he was made to go for Collingwood too. By the time I was born my sis and bro were 9 and 8 and made me go for them. I have always gone for Collingwood and never ever thought to change.

I have been to soooooooooooooo many games in my little life and now 14 years, 4 months and 6 days later I am still a Collingwood supporter and always will be. I may not get to the grand final but I have been to EVERY melbourne game this year and have shown my support! I was there through the bad times, the good times and everything in between! When we got the wooden spoon I didn't automatically stop going for the Pies. I still was there for them! I still went to all the games afterwards even though our losses kept getting higher and our grand final hopes were sinking.

Well look where we are boys! THE GRAND FINAL! And me and my family are with you 100%. (My mum has also managed to change her mum and dad to Collingwood from Richmond too!)

Now I am like my mum. I have transformed the kids i baby-sit to go for Pies and when Jason is old enough I can take him to the games. My best friend went for Pies before I met her but with me taking her to everygame and never shutting up about Collingwood and footy she is now 100% obsessed too!

Thankyou so much mum for making us go for the pies! Without you I would go for some loser team and wouldn't of made such great friends and had such great times!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

P.S And Belinda may be married to an Essendon supporter but when she has a baby that kid will have a collingwood jumper on straight away!

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"Take a whole life's loneliness, Wrap it up in some tenderness, Send it off to some emptiness, With all my luv, Coz it's only u & me, There'll b nothing we need to c, Only 1 thing can set u free, Is all my luv" *Forever Now- Cold Chisel*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:05 pm

I became a collingwood supporter coz of my dad, i think he brainwashed me wen i was little, i still have my 1st magpie clothes that i had worn! and i have neva eva thought of changing my team! wen my sister was born she was brainwashed by me, i have even brainwashed my friendz! 1 day my sister came up 2 me and said is it alright if i barrack 4 essendon and i wacked her over the head and said dont eva let me hear u say that again! i was so angry!lol!
Ever since i was a little baby i have barracked 4 collingwood and i always will!!
I always ask my friends who barrack 4 other teams, if there club have all these different activities and things that we have and they just say no! Our club is the only club which i think has soo much pride and passion, and also its so hard 2 be a collingwood supporter, coz wen u love em u cant stop!!!

luv Sheree
xxx

~I love Nick and brodie 4 life~
September here we come!!!
~*Sheree*~

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:13 pm

Joffa, I wont go into too much detail, but for me the seeds were sown approx 25 years ago at Vic park. See the 'Last game at Vic Park' edition of Hot Pies for the full version.

Gotta share a funny story with you though. Yesterday at the prelim' I was lucky enough to sit just behind the cheersquad courtesy of the C.A.A.S (better than the nosebleed seats where my original tickets were) anyway my six year old daughter experienced her first final and thoroughly enjoyed it. Early on I said to her "there's Joffa". Gotta say that she was disappointed that you didn't have the gold jacket on at that stage. Later on I pointed out the red flag and she says to me. "Dad I know why Joffa has a red flag....cos Jaffa's are red".

Outta the mouths of babe's eh?

DB.
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:22 pm

two words- my father

i can honestly say if it wasnt for collingwood i dunno if i would be here today... went through so tough times 2-3 years ago and they kept me going a week at a time..

and like foxy... i have grown up with us being crap so i dunno how to take all this..im acting like a sponge this week, just SOAKING IT ALL UP!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:37 pm

was born Black and White and had a relapse, actualy I have a feeling I was Black'N'White before I drew my first breath, Dad was a magpie, Grandfather was, Great Granfather too, so we had no chance of there being any other team for us.

What Collingwood means to me?
outside my wife and kids it is everything. I think what it is like to be Collingwood person more than anything, is this poster I had when I was a teanager, it was of this cartoon mouse standing up and giving "the bird" to this eagle that was screaming down to eat it, tallons extended, the caption under the mouse said Defiance, thats what it feels like, giving the whole world the "up yours".
The old saying "we are Collingwood and your not" says it all, if your not you wouldn't know what we mean.
Collingwood Forever.

~*Princess~Pebbles*~ 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:36 am

I didnt have a choice DAD!
As i recall i was claimed a Collingwood supporter by my daddy before my mum even gave birth to me!

So i didnt really have a choice but im proud to be a Collingwood supporter!

Whether U Love me
Or Hate me
U still gunna date me
-Anthony Mundine

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:01 am

One word reply:

COLLINGWOOD.

(what else would you be for god's sake!)

[This message has been edited by MarkT (edited 23 September 2002).]
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:23 am

because my dad does.
he used to take me every week when i was a kid and we had our 2 reserved seats in the social club bit.
THEN when i got a bit older me and my friends discovered the ponny stand and made friends with the unofficial, so thats where we sit now.
my dad still sits in the social club bit, he likes it up there.
and the reason he barracks for collingwood is cos he found a collingwood pin on the ground one day when he was a kid.

Seth 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:03 am

please don't kill me for this but I was born in Adelaide and followed Port Adelaide in the SANFL. Moved over to Vic when I was 7 and moved next to a Collingwood loving family who naturally convinced me to follow Collingwood. 2 years later I was crying when we lost to Carlton in 1979.
I still follow Port Adelaide but only in the SANFL and not Port Power which are definately not the same side.
Have been a passionate Collingwood man ever since.
Go Pies! - We must believe.

I would like to add this. As some of you know my mum passed away in May just before the Brisbane game which we won. She was an extremely passionate supporter and at least now she has her own seat at the MCG for the match (which I haven't.) I know she is up there assisting us along this path, I can honestly feel it. My wife and I had a cry on saturday as soon as we won when we called each other straight away and we knew that my mum was behind this.
Don't worry i have spoken to her and she assures me that we will get up this week. On ya mum.

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.

[This message has been edited by Seth (edited 23 September 2002).]
perth pieman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:09 am

Like Dr Alf and Tara, I grew up in Adelaide, (many years ago), and I used to go to the footy with Dad who was a very strong Port Adelaide supporter. I can remember seeing Port winning Premierships in the 50's, so that is how long I go back. However, at the same time we used to closely follow the Collingwood Magpies, and they have now been my team for about 45 years!

Unfortunately, I only lived in Melbourne for a couple of years, having spent the first part of my life in Adelaide, and certainly many years now in Perth. So, it has been a "long distance" support, but I have vivid memories of the Pies highs and lows over these years. Obviously the 90 Grand Final win was the greatest memory, but there is always something happening with the Pies.

I believe Collingwood teams always play with a lot of spirit, therefore giving us supporters "good value for money", and the atmosphere created by you people who are lucky enough to be present at the games, is unbelievable. Keep up the good work, as I am sure your passion lifts the players.

GO PIES

Peejay
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:37 am

People always say that to me: "Hey Alyssa, If you were born in Adelaide why do you go for Collingwood?!" and I tell them my whole story which i mentioned earlier.
Just because I was born there doesn't mean I HAVE to go for Adelaide or Port Adelaide. My mum always tells them "she goes for Collingwood because she has brains" and I just laugh!

What collingwood means to me
Collingwood is my life. I am obsessed with it. My kids will be Collingwood, there kids will be collingwood, there kids will be collingwood etc...
Footy and Collingwood always bring out the best in me! I may be really sad or had a bad day at school or something but as soon as I see the MCG (or some other ground) a huge smile appears on my face as I know i'm going to have a great time.

I get to see my friends, I get to see Jarrod (sometimes), I get to witness the boys fighting their little hearts out to get victory, I get to sing the song at the top of my lungs and jump around like an idiot and not think people are looking at me like "what an idiot!" because they are doing the same thing.

I always look at the cheersquad and wish so much I was there. When I was little I was always staring at it when the Pies got a goal and was amazed at the passion they showed and the amazing things they had! Then years later my parents bought 4 season tickets. One for me, mum, dad and a spare so I could take my best bud, Amber. We both used to talk about the cheersquad at school never shutting up about how fantastic it would be to be there in it. Celebrating every goal, every win, every premiership!

We used to make up stories about us being the leaders of it and we would be so excited to go to the footy every week because the cheersquad made us proud. Now years later we get to join in the winners circle and meet so many great people that we have shown our love and compassion for, for so many years. Next year we too will hopefully be apart of this great expression of pride and passion of the one and only number one club. Collingwood.

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"Take a whole life's loneliness, Wrap it up in some tenderness, Send it off to some emptiness, With all my luv, Coz it's only u & me, There'll b nothing we need to c, Only 1 thing can set u free, Is all my luv" *Forever Now- Cold Chisel*
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:51 am

yer same here alyssa i was born in sydney and it wasnt until 5 yrs ago i actually went to a pies game even thou me dad had gone to heaps but ppl go oh why arent u a syd fan??? im like coz to me there is only 1 team that is the pies no other team has the passion!!! or the pride!!! and we have all been here throu the hard times eg: the woodenspoon yr and the high times 1990 grand final and i know that this will not be our last but most of all i hope it isnt bucks or burns!

*~Catch ya later luv always Tara~*

Wait in line for 6 hours getting a grand finals ticket: $120
Buying my train ticket to the 'G' on saturday: $11.00
Watching Nathan and Mick hold up tha premiership cup: PRICELESS!!!

I LUV YA NICK DAVIS AND BRODIE HOLLAND U 2 R THE BEST AND R THE SEXCIEST!!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:52 am

Now that gives me an idea, Magpie mad.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17   

Jump to: