Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What a start to the S.A Magpies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> SA Magpies Supporters Group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake the Muss Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:15 am
Post subject: What a start to the S.A MagpiesReply with quote

What a start to the S.A Magpies.

The day started off well with many pies fans coming in about an hour or so before the game to sign up for there memberships with the new group, and I must say that I was very surprised that there are so many of us pies fans within South Australia. By the end of the sign up there was about 90 members, not too shabby at all.

Supporters that did come down to the sign up day were treated to a sensational game that went down to the wire with the pies defeating the saints by a point.

During the half time break there was the draw for a 2006 signed jumper that all the new members were in the running for, and there probably wasn’t a more deserving winner than 7 year old Bailey from Mitchell Park who will be receiving his prize very soon.

The service from the staff at the Glenelg Jetty Hotel was second to none. (It does help when the bartender is a pies fan too). The beer was flowing, the kids were playing and everyone had a fantastic time.

So if anyone out there was unable to attend last Sunday’s game I strongly urge you to come down and experience the game in a true magpie atmosphere with wonderful magpie people, and watch us get a little pay back on the Dockers.

Thanks must also go out to Marty and Mick for all they have done with getting this group up and running in time for the first game, they have thought of everything and have made sure that we are very well looked after, a credit to both of them.

Cheers Jake
Jake the Muss Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos from the day

S.A Magpies Balloons 2.jpg

Some balloons

S.A Magpies Group 11.jpg

Some of the group

S.A Magpies Group 22.jpg

More

S.A Magpies Group 33.jpg

Some more

S.A Magpies Heidi 1.jpg

Heidi at the S.A Magpies Bar

S.A Magpies Jake 1.jpg

Myself, the only one realising that the camera is there

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to meet Marty and Mick, and Jake the Muss.....sorry we couldn't stay for the game, but very impressed with the Venue. Very friendy place, good Screens, and a few of them so you can see the game even when you are at the bar, Our own exclusive Bar might I add.

I second Jake's call, that any South Aussies wanting to watch the game, head on down to the Glenelg Jetty hotel, park around the back or catch the Tram to the last stop, and come on in for a drink and some good company to watch the Pies games!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> SA Magpies Supporters Group All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: