Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

match report coll v the poodumpers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:38 pm
Post subject: match report coll v the poodumpersReply with quote

Thanks to a 3hr delay telecast as usual on friday night by channel eddie, i decided to listen on radio to it live.
At half time i gave up that idea,it was a boring commentary by drew morphett as usual and the game was going nowhere and either were the pies ,so i then waited until the telly showed it.Hoping we could turn it around!
now its just about midnight and ive seen the whole game.

Well what i saw was a new tactic by MM and the coaching staff.
After a tough week at pie land they decided to nod off and have a snooze during the first qtr to make sure they were not too tired later in the game,and the players ,with no directions from the stand were a bit lost, a lot of them decided to just kick it to chaffey each time they went forward,and a couple of the players nodded off as well.
Luckily Richmond are that bad that even with half the pies nodding off and having a snooze they could manage only 4 goals.
Its gotta be said that the wind played havoc with the skills, contested marking was not going to happen,the crumbers were the key.
The first half of the game was a 60 minute rugby scrum.
The second half was another 60 minutes of rugby scrums interspersed with a few bits of magic as the pies lifted the intensity at the ball,started running in 2s and 3s and backed each other up at every contest,and just tackled everybody that got the footy.
We lost last week because apart from anything else we were out tackled,this week we turned that around.
Hardly a game worth recording and keeping,not much of a spectacle at all,but a win is a win.
If we try to play catch up next week in perth it will not be so easy.
The no names of our backline deserve special praise as a unit tonight.

each had a job to do and each did it.
Votes in what was a team effort in the second half and a forgettable first half.
2 Licuria
2 Clement
2 Wakelin
1 Didak
1 Presti
1 Scotland
1 Cloke

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A Scrappy affair.
But we won.

GO PIES

Match Report ended

BJ

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i too listened on the radio for a while. i was so mad at the sniping and barracking by morphine and his two scum in grime salmon and watson - who didn't even TRY to disguise the fact that they were anti-pies. salmon said collingwood can't win - about a minute before the boys cut loose - and then tried to make a joke about his own credibility for the rest of the broadcast (Or until i switched to the tv anyway). watson is just a spoilt-sheedylike-nasty-venomous-i-can't-forget-1990 prick. go PIES. Re: the TV - Ed even talked about the red flag.. talk about advertising

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: