Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football Television rights to 7 = Collingwood premiership?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meatpie Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

that pathetic low-life wanker you clown, you think we would have more chance winning a flag if 4 sh*t side in melb became non-existant ???

Just by chance, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and West Coast have won 8 of the last 12 flags and the 4 clubs you think will go by the wayside have pretty much won fck all other than North Melb. So how by your rationale would we win more flags just cause we manage to secure more sponsorship ??? We are big time in the sponsorship market now and I don't see us winning flags !!!

Get an idea first on the big picture instead of bagging everyones opinion which you obviously have fck all idea on !

Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:01 pm

Meatpie wrote:
that pathetic low-life wanker you clown, you think we would have more chance winning a flag if 4 sh*t side in melb became non-existant ???

Just by chance, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Adelaide and West Coast have won 8 of the last 12 flags and the 4 clubs you think will go by the wayside have pretty much won fck all other than North Melb. So how by your rationale would we win more flags just cause we manage to secure more sponsorship ??? We are big time in the sponsorship market now and I don't see us winning flags !!!

Get an idea first on the big picture instead of bagging everyones opinion which you obviously have fck all idea on !

Exactly Right
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:16 pm

How is Kerry Packer's current predicament any different to the predicament 7 were in last time when 9 & 10 got together?

Just think....if 7 & 10 prevail, Ed can go back to just doing the footy show on Thursday nights (like they did well before they had the coverage rights) and devote more of his time to being our Prez.

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:48 pm
Post subject: Re: Football Television rights to 7 = Collingwood premiershiReply with quote

that pathetic low-life wanker wrote:
But less Vic teams and more interstate teams would certainly be to our advantage

Im interested in to know how this would advantage Collingwood

Meatpie Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:17 pm

And not to mention the fact that along with being a collingwood fan, I am a footy fan as well.
To see clubs disappear like Melbourne who have been around for the longest of any club, the Bulldogs and Kangaroos who without doubt are the best bunch of scraggers in the league would see an end to the quality footy we enjoy now.
Less teams to me would be a farce of a competition and the AFL would die a slow death !
And what will a flag mean to you when the AFL is a two bit street whore of a competition in 10 years time ?

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:36 pm

Why can't the afl listen to the people, people on this board complain that they do not see afl to the late hours of the night. I had to laugh when hird said nine have done wonders with friday night football. I have not seen a live game on my screen unless power or crows are playing.
I would like to see foxtel have control of showing all games. If nine can not show live games on friday night and on sunday give it to someone else who will.
Colin Alexander Leo

The great man and I

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:53 pm

With no disrespect to interstate supporters, I think a lot of what Ed's saying does have some merit. I mean channel 7 taking the AFL to court in a 400 odd million dollar lawsuit is outrageous! If thats fair dinkum, then thats a bloody disgrace. How can channel 7 even try and get back the footy with a straight face, whilst doing that to em? That means the whole tv rights contract just cancels itself out.
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:09 pm

Meatpie wrote:

Already explained it meathead, nothing to do with other Vic teams taking premierships away from us, I swear to god it's like talking to Carlton supporters
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:11 pm

Sultan of spin wrote:
Meatpie wrote:

Exactly Right

Not a single one of you read what I said on the first page.... I take it back Carlton, it's more like talking to Saints supporters
Eunos 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:30 pm

There is one huge advantage if 3 or 4 teams dissolve/merge.
That is we will finally have a balanced draw where every team plays each other twice.
No more coming up against the premiers twice and the spooners once due to our pulling power. As this is the way the draw is done atm, and making finals can depend on percentage, then this is something I would like to see.
stonedpies 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:35 pm

As u say that pathetic low-life wanker, financially, it would definitetly help us out but if u r saying that it would help our on field success then u really have no idea
Gunder 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:49 pm

stonedpies wrote:
As u say that pathetic low-life wanker, financially, it would definitetly help us out but if u r saying that it would help our on field success then u really have no idea

I never saw a poor club have prolonged success
Ah Tibor 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:15 pm

that pathetic low-life wanker wrote:
stonedpies wrote:

I never saw a poor club have prolonged success

I am assuming you have never been around a club (not just AFL, local, any sport) with financial difficulty before.

How can you be so laissez faire about losing teams.......hits very deep and hard with all supporters, not just the supporters of the team involved.

As for Eddies rant, he was always going to support channel 9. Frankly I prefer Quartermain and Lane (not so Walls, would prefer Lyon) as their commentary is more relaxed and less structured....something you can sit back to a beer to. Improvements in Friday night footy - what has been the difference except for more advertising?

A different issue:
The development of AFL is key in QLD and NSW and until a solution to the current issue can be stated by Channel 9 involving them (or ch10), I'm all for a change. Also silly to suggest 7/10's final offer will be at 'bargain bin' price - nine will ensure that they fork out every single cent for being duped.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Kids, kids, kids!

If you cant play nice, dont play at all! Carlton? StKilda? Actually it's more like listening to Richmond supporters!

There are salient points on all sides of this debate, but they are cancelled out by childish name-calling. What could be more cowardly than hurling abuse from behind the safety of a dynamic IP? It really IS like a bunch of Tiger fans spitting from behind the fence!

As I said, there are points on both sides. Collingwood DOES have to carry poor teams, We ARE disadvantaged by our popularity in having to play the best teams twice. We interstaters ARE screwed by 9 and their devotion to thugby (although that didnt explain them not playing the final of the Wizzo - there was no thugby that night). Channel 7 DID have their foot on the neck of the AFL. Nines Friday night footy WAS the best football broadcast of the week (when I was in Adelaide we got all the games at decent hours).

But in the end we are suppsed to be Collingwood supporters. Lets behave like it, not a bunch of Richmond idiots!

Shake hands & move on kids!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:41 pm

spoljar wrote:
If we need clubs to drop out before we win a premiership or have success, then we don't deserve one IMHO. Why don't we have 8 teams drop out of the competition then and we can make the top 8 every year. Is that what you call success??? As far as I am concerned, you want to be the best, then start beating the best!

Very true. That is one of the things which make winning the premierships these days so satisfying. Beating all 15 other sides for the holy grail. Why dump North, the Dogs and/or the Hawks? Stupid. Keep them. They are part of the history and the future of the game.

Quote:
As I said, there are points on both sides. Collingwood DOES have to carry poor teams, We ARE disadvantaged by our popularity in having to play the best teams twice.

Yes, it is an annoying fact of the Magpie lifestyle, but I'd rather keep them afloat on the ship rather then sink them.

Quote:
We interstaters ARE screwed by 9

I'm sure I heard tht Wayne Jackson knew that was the case when the deal was singed off. 9, I'm fairly sure, have vowed not to do so again.

Eunos, who cares about that? I'd rather keep all the remaining historical sides then have a diffferent draw. We all saw what happened to Fitroy...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: