Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

wa magpie letter

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Western Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
05bucks Virgo

my blood runs black and white

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:57 pm
Post subject: wa magpie letterReply with quote

i recieved a letter from the wa magpie committee today(4/8/04) stating about what is going on with the freo game and the wa magpies. what i wanna know is why it has only come now,has it come as there is a new supporter group, WESTERN MAGPIES here now.

I am disgusted that it has come about now as the season is almost over as this should of come earlier this season. besides what is to say that the committee couldnt organise themselves this season that it wont happen next season.
im taking no chances so that is why im totally behind the WESTERN MAGPIES, and im know for a fact there is lots of others that feel the same way!!!!

The funny thing about the letter is that on the letter it is dated july 2004 but a stamp on the evenlope says it was posted on the 4th august.

licca18 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am in total agreeance with you 05bucks, as i recieved the same letter, and personally, its too f***en late!! i would love to become a member of the WESTERN MAGPIES, and i honestly hope that raels and the so called committee give up now while there all in hiding!!! I think that the collingwood football club would love to know just what a great so called president and committee are doing for the rest of us supporters. NOT!!!

Good luck with the WESTERN MAGPIES, and lets kick freos ass on riday nite!!!

Pommie_Magpie Gemini

2010 in the bag... now for 2011

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:34 am

At least you got a bloody letter. We are members and have recieved absolutely nothing. Its too late anyway. how things have been run has been a disgrace and watch this space something WILL happen about it. The ball is rolling........
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:38 am

Read the letter carefully. All the answers you need are there. We've all read the stories regarding the shaftings of the northern army and the sydney function. This is no different.

1. What right does the club have to ORDER the WA magpies to not hold a function?

2. Why is it that the club can't get behind the WA Magpies and hold it in conjunction with them....why must they separate themselves from the WA Magpies. WHERE'S THE SUPPORT I ASK YOU?

I'm sorry people, but this is the fault of the CFC entirely. How hard would it be for the CFC to request the WA Magpies for their membership list, and make sure the WA magpies members got the letter inviting them to the "official" function, and explain that the WA magpies won't be holding one because they've requested it?

I don't know for sure but I'll bet all 3 a$$ hairs that the reason we have not heard much from the WA magpies is because the club has provided no support. In the letter it explains that delays have resulted because they've tried to get merchandise from the club for their memberships....AND THE CLUB GAVE THEM NOTHING. Remember the WA Magpies are volunteers who love the club like the rest of us. I wouldn't beat my head against that brick wall either. Would you?

The message is loud and clear from the CFC - supporter groups are worth nothing to this club. We won't support them, we're not interested in them.

I'm starting to think the CFC are adopting the attitude of a few nicks members, ie your interstate so you don't matter.

NOT HAPPY JAN!

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
LeonMcS Virgo

Only one says Buckley on command...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:46 pm

Gotta agree with Blanch on this one.
The same thing occured during the late 90s. From memory, the supporters club back then was the WA Woodsmen, an independant group not affiliated to the club. From memory they were basically told to reform and join the main group. Well, with no option, they did and look where its got us. 5 years down the track and the last two years which have been magnificently organised and run have led into this year with nothing...oh I'm sorry, a letter regarding membership arriving in AUGUST.
This year I've recieved one issue of Black and White, whats going on at the club? Maybe too much emphasis on corporate sponsorhip.
I've been a member for few years now but I'm seriously considering not renewing next year. Not as a protest against form this year but at the generally slipshod way the club is treating its fans.
The writing was on the wall after the Qld supporters function earlier this year. NSW merely confirmed it. As a proud Vic whose been living over here for 9 years, it breaks my heart to see the club treating its members this way.
Anyway, have a great night tonight, still a bit too early for me to take the girls to the footy, I'm not sure I want them to see what Dad turns into at the football.
See yas next week at the Hydey.
Pommie_Magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:00 pm

sorry guys not the case. we have heard otherwise direct from the club. not at liberty to say at the moment. like i said watch this space
05bucks Virgo

my blood runs black and white

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:00 am

yep im with pommie, cant say much but know a few reasons as to why the club has been like this towards the wa magpies this year, cant give too much away, but when we know, im sure to say that it will be posted on here and you will all know as well, but for now just have some patience and soon enuff it will come to the forefront.

hope to see everyone at the hydey on friday nite to whoop some bombers ass!!!

ill post on here if we are goning to be getting a earlier game time and where we will be seated. look for the topic on thursday!!

great game against the dockers too!!!

Pommie_Magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:03 pm

well its good to see the problem has been acknowledged. Lets now see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Western Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: