Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
^ It's getting a bit that way, isn't it? I saw something the other day that basically could have been a Daily Mail headline (something about the bloody royals, probably). Really need to wean myself off it, but there aren't too many other obvious options, unfortunately.

The Daily Mail actually has a good cricket coverage and amongst the trash they can report news well on occasions. There's ample sources of news and if a particular story seems biased in one source it's easy to google it and get some differing opinions.

I tend to rely on Herald Sun, Aged and ABC online. All 3 can have a tendency to editorialise a little but it's easy to pick up and skate past and at least the Herald Sun doesn't try to disguise opinion articles by Rita and Bolta as News. Get the same news from all 3 means you get pretty much a balanced view.

My Dad always bought and read the Age and the Sun. I asked him why as a kid and he said that by reading both he had a better understanding of stuff than if he just read one.

The Guardian has just clearly identified what it saw as a gap in the market and they're playing to it shamelessly, following the lead of Fox News in the US but playing the opposite demographic, trying to monetise confirmation bias.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:58 pm

https://www.dailywire.com/news/convicted-child-molester-let-out-of-prison-because-theyre-transgender-no-longer-a-threat-government-says?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Hmmm

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 am

^ Speaking of editorial bias, I wouldn’t trust the Daily Wire to tell me the time of day.

https://disrn.com/news/child-molesters-transgender-status-cited-in-release-from-incarceration/amp

Quote:
Lynn Hicks, a spokesman for the attorney general's office, told Disrn on Thursday that there was a great deal of misinformation surrounding Smith's release. "The notion that [he's] being released because of sex change or transition is not accurate," Hicks said, adding that Smith "has served [his] sentence."

"In Iowa there is a process in which sexually violent predators can be held beyond their prison terms if the state proves that they are likely to commit further sexual offenses," Hicks said. "So there's a separate civil trial after the sentence is up. Smith was supposed to be released last year so we filed a civil commitment to try to go through this process."

"It's a high bar. If you're going to keep someone beyond their prison sentence, you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they're likely to reoffend," he added.

For what it’s worth, certain aspects of male-to-female gender-reassignment therapy are known to reduce paraphilic urges (and, more generally, have significant impacts on libido). You know how some people advocate "chemical castration" for sex offenders? This isn’t far off.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:48 am

David wrote:
^ Speaking of editorial bias, I wouldn’t trust the Daily Wire to tell me the time of day.

probably a good idea since they are on LA time
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Does LA share a time zone with the Seventh Circle of Hell? Interesting. Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:24 pm

Beautiful segue there

Quote:
HELL—Jeffrey Epstein has been released from hell after coming out as transgender, sources in the afterlife confirmed today.

The millionaire and convicted sex offender donned a blonde wig and told the guardians of hell that he was rehabilitated and ready to go back to the land of the living.

https://babylonbee.com/news/epstein-released-from-hell-after-announcing-he-is-transgender

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Loved the little stinger in the tail too

Quote:
Upon returning to Earth, Epstein was surprised to learn some people still believe he killed himself.
Wink Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:22 pm

Lol!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Violence in Emergency Departments linked to drug (and alcohol) use / abuse

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/violence-in-royal-melbourne-hospitals-emergency-department/video/4f3e50fbaf10cb2131e85aeb2cd2e0c7

Check out this short video to see what ED staff put up with daily

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 pm

Murdoch media, champions of the working class. Razz

But seriously, All ED's should be equipped as standard issue with 3 or more large security men. Samoan or Lebanese roid freaks given preference. These security men given licence to use whatever force is required to quickly stop anyone becoming violent, and given legal immunity against prosecution or civil action unless they kill someone.

It's not in the nature of the majority of healthcare staff to physically retaliate, and for the few who may want to, they can't because they'll get burned.

These ice addled fuckstains should be picked by the ankles and swung around using their face to swat imaginary flies on the walls.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:57 pm

yup! totally agree,
its frightening, sunshine has a separate childs section now, but all you need is a druggie parent in there...
no way the staff should have to deal with this, they want to carry on like that, leave em out on the street til they decide to behave.

barbaric? only as barbaric as what they put others through, their choice, they choose to do drugs at least the first time.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Murdoch media, champions of the working class. Razz

But seriously, All ED's should be equipped as standard issue with 3 or more large security men. Samoan or Lebanese roid freaks given preference. These security men given licence to use whatever force is required to quickly stop anyone becoming violent, and given legal immunity against prosecution or civil action unless they kill someone.

It's not in the nature of the majority of healthcare staff to physically retaliate, and for the few who may want to, they can't because they'll get burned.

These ice addled fuckstains should be picked by the ankles and swung around using their face to swat imaginary flies on the walls.

It’s not just ICE though, it can be other drugs. Alcohol is common. Research by the RMH was looking at aggression / violence & ice. Under 50% was due to drugs, of that 50% more than 90% was due to ICE.

However, alcohol is also a big factor too although that was not being researched.

Big hospitals do employ mostly big security guards. However, they could be on a code elsewhere in the hospital at the same time.

( Don’t tell anyone but it was on the ABC website when it first came out)

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:59 am

Some of you may have come across these before but it's a first for me.

Stare at the 3 dots above the nose for ten seconds then look at a solid white surface (ceiling), and blink your eyes!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:34 am

Cool, the mind is a wonderful thing!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Seems like every new ad on TV is using a same sex couple.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:22 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Seems like every new ad on TV is using a same sex couple.

Or black male/white female. It's like every company wants to virtue signal its 'woke' credentials to the twitter mob who doesn't buy their product anyway.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 273 of 277   

Jump to: