Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

watt price tully's wonderful bike riding adventure:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if you don't lose weight on this trip, time to just go with wide load on the back of the pants and eat until you explode.

You only get one spin at this, no reset button, no extra lives. The deal is to enjoy the game, not prolong the game for the sake of it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:48 am

^ 😉

You live and you learn what you can do and what you can’t. The last 20 km’s yesterday were tough. I’ve got a sore throat but I’m determined not to get a cold.

Rest day today: wash clothes, eat out & read a book 😊. I’ve already cleaned and lubed my bike. Put on the bike cover, so no bikes today.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Rest day in pretty Port Fairy. Very windy. Got laundry done at a laundrette (quite a walk), showers available throughout the day. Had breakfast! No keto but porridge, fresh diced fruit, an egg and bacon wrap and a cup of tea. At lunch meandered to one of the many cafes in town that provided for many of the 4,500 people that make up the GVBR.

Had a bubble and squeak lunch with poached eggs, (bubble & squeak consisted of diced onions, thinly shredded cabbage, sliced zucchini, peas, some dukkah mix, haloumi, and I asked for tomatoes: no bread. Fantastic with a cup of coffee.

Meandered back to the tent, caught up with others, all speaking about the hard day it was yesterday & that this is one of the coldest GVBR. Thank god for the Mont sleeping bag that others told me to get a couple of years ago.

Tomorrow 95 km to Petersborough - few hills and light winds predicted.

At the laundromat I met Brent MacCaffer’s step mum: lovely woman who’s doing the ride as a teacher with a school group.

You meet so many different people here it’s great

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Day 6 and day 5 riding. Lovely ride from Port Fairy, through Koroit to Peterborough (looking for Peter) although quite wet for the first half; rain. No wind for the most part. 95 km, had lunch during the ride today: much better 😉

From Morning tea to lunch I rode about 28-36km’s per hour with two women gun riders. I had to work to keep up but could carry them up the few small hills.

At a stop 75 km’s in the local footy / netball club put on a devonshire tea and assorted cakes let alone pies, snag rolls etc.

I was cold, wet and early and was their first customer! Apart from the Keto (not) scones, jam, cream and tea the passionfruit icing on the real sponge cake said eat me. Who am I to argue?

Along the Great Ocean Road 😀😀

Meeting lovely people. A great days riding. Some people have left at Port Fairy and others have joined us to Torquay.

Tomorrow is Lavers Hill as part of the 75km trip from Petersborough to Beech Forest

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:07 pm

You may be the first bloke ever to put on weight on one of these cycling things. Razz
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:16 am

stui magpie wrote:
You may be the first bloke ever to put on weight on one of these cycling things. Razz

Cycling doesn’t make you lose weight.

Have just completed Lavers Hill. Lunch at the local school. Road won’t be open till 1230 😢. 17 km’s to go to complete today’s 75. Lavers Hill wasn’t half as bad as I thought it would be so I’m well pleased but bloody cold 🥶 cold 🥶

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Supposedly aerobic exercise where you get the heart rate over 100 and keep it there for longer than 20 minutes should result in losing weight.

I'm glad it doesn't work, I hate aerobic exercise.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:15 am

Had a couple of big days and no optus reception. Climbed Lavers Hill 2 days ago: someone on the ride said it was going to be after the lunchbreak. Full on climbing, great stuff to lunch and not too bad at all. Had a bowl of soup made by Lavers Hill school parents which was what the doctor ordered. Then discovered we’d done Lavers Hill before lunch : such a relief. It wasn’t as bad as I imagined it. Spent a freezing night in Beech Forrest in a Paddock with fresh cow pats everywhere! Queued for 40 mins for a shower & froze my arse off. After dinner, with a mancold, cold and flu tablets had my beanie, layers of clothes, in the sleeping bag liner and sleeping bag at 7.20pm (Friday night) woke up feeling great and had a fantastic days riding through the otways: lots of downhills, hitting 73km’s / hour on the winding roads: fantastic, feelung sheer joy and elation 😀😊😀
Overnight last night in Deans Marsh.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:13 pm

When you get home, see your doc and get a concussion test or a brain scan. I see nothing in that experience to inspire joy and elation
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
When you get home, see your doc and get a concussion test or a brain scan. I see nothing in that experience to inspire joy and elation

Wink

Mine was pleasure too including a sense of achievement. The only real downside was the weather. Bloody South West Victoria Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Todays ride was 75km's from Deans Marsh to Torquay via Lorne. Got up at 0530, had breakfast: porridge, plain yoghurt, fresh diced fruit, wholemeal bread with butter and jam and a cup of tea.

My stupid PA put the bicycle mits back in the suitcase and loaded the suitcases on the truck then took off riding realising I didn't have any friggin gloves A bit cold, quite overcast and misty drizzle heading out of Deans Marsh en route to Lorne where all 4,500 riders or thereabouts were to gather and depart at 0930 for a staggered release onto the Great Ocean Road.

Tough start as hills greet you when you get out and me like a few others were quite stiff. Onwards & upwards more or less for about 10km's with some dips, hard going but steady going. Then what makes it all worth it tjhe downhill doing about 50-60 on the way down to Lorne although the wet made it a bit scary. Had cold hands that's for sure.

After a big breakfast in Lorne got into the first groups to leave and then about 40-50 km's to the Surfcoast Secondary College where we finished, Tough ride: there's some friggin steep hills outside of Lorne and along the coast let alone the wind and rain.

Mrs WPT arived just as I got there too so collecting the suitases and getting the bike disassembled didn'ty take too long.

I was soooo eleated finsihing. Nice hot long shower, all the clothes being washed or soaked, shaved fed / watered.

I now have cracked lips, sore hands, dry skin and hopefully the end of a cold

We did more than 650 km's. marvellous. Met some wonderful people of all ages and some great riders of (dare I say) both genders and all ages. Marvellous. Tonight vegetararian pizza before back to Keto tomorrow

I'm one belt notch less on my usual belt and my thighs have excess lactic acid: deep tissue massage tomorrow too.

My own bed yippee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:39 pm

Lavers Hill (in the Otways)

Total length

54.2km's

<5% incline/grade

41.5 km's

5-10% incline/grade

8.9km's

10-15% incline/grade

1.9km's

Anything above 6% and you're working (cycling uphill)

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:48 pm

Deans Marsh to Lorne (part of last day: distance and grandients)

Total length

21.3 km's

<5% incline/grade

11.2 km's

5-10% incline/grade

4.6km's

10-15% incline/grade

1.4km's

>15% incline/grade

680 metres

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:17 pm

Drove to Adelaide with Mrs WPT, catching the end of the Fringe Festival: great stuff.

Today Mrs WPT went to some galleries while I joined a few doing the “Coast to Coast” ride: Glenelg to Victor Harbour. Done ✅ tough day in the office: rode from Adelaide CBD to Glenelg before the ride started (about 40 minutes riding). The ride started at 07:30. The first 25 km’s was up the Adelaide Hills with a first stop in Stirling. Then the next 65 km’s was great: a combination of downhill, flat road and undulations. The last 30km’s was tough: strong headwinds made tougher by my lack of preparation in the last 1-2 months. But, I’ve dunnit 😊😃👍

Just finished a lovely long black coffee in Victor Harbour before catching the bus provided by Bike SA back to Glenelg. I’m rooted 😉

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:41 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Drove to Adelaide with Mrs WPT, catching the end of the Fringe Festival: great stuff.

Today Mrs WPT went to some galleries while I joined a few doing the “Coast to Coast” ride: Glenelg to Victor Harbour. Done ✅ tough day in the office: rode from Adelaide CBD to Glenelg before the ride started (about 40 minutes riding). The ride started at 07:30. The first 25 km’s was up the Adelaide Hills with a first stop in Stirling. Then the next 65 km’s was great: a combination of downhill, flat road and undulations. The last 30km’s was tough: strong headwinds made tougher by my lack of preparation in the last 1-2 months. But, I’ve dunnit 😊😃👍

Just finished a lovely long black coffee in Victor Harbour before catching the bus provided by Bike SA back to Glenelg. I’m rooted 😉

im guessing the missus wont be after all that!!

your nuts

.... must be sore!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: