Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's the best new car to buy for up to $35K

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for my 2009 Ford G6 with 170,000 km's

Has a few little scratches and no 3rd gear in the auto.

Will cost $4,000 for a new auto (there is an inherent issue with this particular Ford Transmission - some mod3ls of a mazda and another car have the same transmission (keeps the auto electricians happy) or invest about $1600 for a second hand non reconditioned one & hope for the best. It is for resale and has basically 12 months rego, good goodyear tyres or just sell it to a wreckers or $2,500 no RWC as is.

Who knows? Confused

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:
Okay, I'm up next. We need a car, and are happy to go secondhand so long as it's not going to break down on us within 2 years. Not sure exactly how much I have to spend, but I'll offer a rough hint: divide WPT's target by ten, and then maybe take another $1000 off... Razz

I've had some luck with $1000 shitbox commodores. Just get the roadworthy done with second hand parts then drive it into the ground Laughing

I think that's pretty much my strategy right now! Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Now for my 2009 Ford G6 with 170,000 km's

Has a few little scratches and no 3rd gear in the auto.

Will cost $4,000 for a new auto (there is an inherent issue with this particular Ford Transmission - some mod3ls of a mazda and another car have the same transmission (keeps the auto electricians happy) or invest about $1600 for a second hand non reconditioned one & hope for the best. It is for resale and has basically 12 months rego, good goodyear tyres or just sell it to a wreckers or $2,500 no RWC as is.

Who knows? Confused

if you sell to the wrecker hand in the plates and get the money back! if you think you will have trouble getting a rwc, thats what i would do! what is the rest of the car like? what is the going rate for that year and klm? you can check on carsales.com.au,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:50 am

Actually advertise as it is but with no plates, on gumtree or marketplace, advertise for $250 more than you want! I’ve sold a couple of old cars for people recently like this. But make sure you take the plates off!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:14 pm

My last two cars were novated leases. Not worth it these days. As Australia doesn't make the Territory anymore and for that reason I won't touch a Ford again. I just went out for the best bang for buck. No need for a SUV these days, lifestyles changed. I got the mid range Elantra Elite sedan. Got it for the poverty pack price $21k drive away. Servicing is capped at $249 every 15000 kms. My Fuel bill has gone from $140 a week to $40. 5 Year warranty. Plan to sell it when I hit 90k or 4 years whichever comes first. Goes great for a two litre and fits my golf clubs and buggy in the boot. Leather interior with plenty of options. My only negative is the radio is not Digital and the antenna is film in the rear window which is useless. Run apple carplay always so that's covered. Next car I will buy will be cash again and whatever is the best bang for buck. I also looked at the Kia Cerato and the Honda Civic. The Civic was the best car nut no deal offered and only 3 year warranty at the time.

On a side note I sold my 2010 Territory on Face Ache Market within 2 days. I sell everything on there now. No charges and I get results. Razz
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Is there anything in the world more tedious than shopping (for anything)Rolling Eyes

Himself did the research (and rabbited to his mechanic mates) and the verdict was a new Rav 4 AWD hybrid. Fair enough but I hated it the minute I sat in it - compared to the 2018 model the bonnet was just way too high yuk!!

More shopping Rolling Eyes All done today thankfully - it’s an automatic oh well!

Just have to do the salary sacrifice thing now - boring!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:09 pm

LOL,

I actually like shopping. Embarassed

My last salary sacrifice car was the SSV Redline Commodore. I like sedans, not a fan of SUV's, so I got the last of the Holden V8's then got made redundant from work 4 months later. Confused

Anyway, paid it off, it's held value well. Late 2016 model with 35k on the clock still sells for over $50k but I aint selling it. Got the 36 month 60k service yesterday, bloke said it was mint.

Goes like a cut cat, I've only pushed it to 170kmh but It can go from 90 to 140 in the blink of an eye.

There'll be snow in Darwin before I buy an SUV. Unless it's like this https://www.hsv.com.au/see/silverado/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAovfvBRCRARIsADEmbRKwELaaQxLmgjmLJBq-sgebr5GxOh9uhYCXU7_VVnIPkTCrdSRyG2IaAkCDEALw_wcB

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:59 pm

D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: