Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Melbourne CBD incident. 6 dead. Many more injured.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
I'd prefer someone had shot and killed him while he was doing it. Hell I would've settled for dragged out of the car and beaten to death. Vigilante justice is true justice.

this, most go for suicide by cop, (feel for the cops) this prick was a gutless coward. put him in genPop, why should he get special treatment?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:45 am

[qu
this, most go for suicide by cop, (feel for the cops) this prick was a gutless coward. put him in genPop, why should he get special treatment?[/quote]

I know 2 cops living in Thailand who were pensioned out with PTSD after shooting someone. One of them an ex soldier finally cracked it after coming home after a shift on ANZAC day he caught 3 local hoods urinating on the cenotaph outside the Chelsea RSL. He called for backup and arrested the 3 for public offences. He went to the magistrates court in Frankston and the touchy feely magistrate said to him "This matter is trivial and the RSL has little relevance to these youths and do not wish you to present such matters to me again" Cases dismissed. He went spare and the Police Union went to bat for him and the fact was that months earlier he had shot a teenager who had ran at him with a sword and his pysch said he could no longer trust the court system so they pensioned him off. The local RSL rang Bruce Ruxton when he was the RSL boss and he got onto the Radio with Neil Mitchell or similar and gave the Magistrate both barrels. The Attorney General was not amused and she was moved to some mamby pamby job in a tribunal.

Imagine the outcry if the police had taken a shot at him and the car careered into the station or they missed and an innocent person dies from a gunshot. If society woke up and realised that arming Police has risks that a perpetrator may die , youth or not, then they may take more drastic action like ramming the car with a humvee.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:57 am

I remember the sword thing. He had to shoot, you dont just stand there when someone is charging st you like that

And the magistrate doesnt surprise me they are a disgrace

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:13 pm

think positive wrote:
I remember the sword thing. He had to shoot, you dont just stand there when someone is charging st you like that

And the magistrate doesnt surprise me they are a disgrace

Easy to type behind a keyboard TP.

"....Ms Duncan said the intense media scrutiny added to the pressure of an already stressful job.

"We're all very quick to judge, often on very limited information," Ms Duncan said.

"You've got these intelligent, passionate people sitting in courts all day and far from living on another planet they are sitting there, all day, every day, they are hearing the worst.

Ms Duncan is urging the media to take more time to explain the court's decisions.

"In the absence of that, people don't know what to believe and so they will believe the headline on the front page, and so that is often what's forming policy," she said.

"When the public are informed and they're given all the information magistrates are typically harder on criminals than the general public would be....."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-12/stephen-myall-magistrate-unrelenting-workload/9643950

We know shit all about the legal system including what magistrates do (and have to contend with - thank you Liberal party for politicizing crime especially in the last State election) except for the Herald Sun, 3AW & other garbage like Sky / Fox making populist headlines without providing: context, information and considered opinion.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-07/victorian-magistrates-under-pressure-court-caseload-increases/10460176

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:01 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-22/bourke-street-attack-inquest-hears-warning-on-gargasoulas/11728482

The inquest into the Bourke Street attack has heard a police officer made six errors on a form handed to the volunteer bail justice who granted James Gargasoulas bail less than a week before he murdered six people.

Giving evidence at the inquiry, Senior Constable Jake Semmel conceded that he ticked "no" when he should have ticked "yes" on six questions on the remand application for Gargasoulas.

The blunders included questions on whether Gargasoulas would be endangering the public, whether he had committed offences on bail and whether he had admitted to crimes.

The St Kilda-based officer said that it was "an oversight".

"I should've ticked yes when I ticked no but I did convey my concerns orally to the bail justice," Senior Constable Semmel said.

The bail justice, who is expected to give evidence on Monday, has previously said he released Gargasoulas because the police case seemed rushed, and he was unaware of the offender's prior history.

The inquest also heard a person attempted to warn a detective that Gargasoulas was "cooked" and "scary" on the morning of the Bourke Street attack — but the officer did not see the messages until hours after they were sent.

The contents of the text messages sent to Detective Senior Constable Murray Gentner by a resident of Melbourne's inner south, known as witness HCP, have been released to the public for the first time.

In the messages, witness HCP warned Senior Constable Gentner that the soon-to-be mass murderer was escalating his behaviour and they were scared.

The detective had previously given the person his mobile number and asked them to call him or triple zero if they saw Gargasoulas.

At the time, Gargasoulas had been breaching the conditions of his bail granted on January 14 and police were hoping to find and arrest him.

"He's off his nana possibly just bashed his brother, call me ASAP," the person texted after calling the detective in the early hours of January 20.

While not canvassed at the inquest, the person was likely referring to Gargasoulas slashing his brother Angelo with a knife before driving off in a Holden Commodore he stole from his mother's boyfriend.

Senior Constable Gentner was asleep at the time and did not get the messages until he woke up hours later.

After sunrise they messaged the officer again.

"Good morning saw the news, called you when I needed assistance to no avail, this is serious as you pre warned f**king hell," they texted.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-22/bourke-street-attack-inquest-hears-warning-on-gargasoulas/11728482

The inquest into the Bourke Street attack has heard a police officer made six errors on a form handed to the volunteer bail justice who granted James Gargasoulas bail less than a week before he murdered six people.

Giving evidence at the inquiry, Senior Constable Jake Semmel conceded that he ticked "no" when he should have ticked "yes" on six questions on the remand application for Gargasoulas.

The blunders included questions on whether Gargasoulas would be endangering the public, whether he had committed offences on bail and whether he had admitted to crimes.

The St Kilda-based officer said that it was "an oversight".

"I should've ticked yes when I ticked no but I did convey my concerns orally to the bail justice," Senior Constable Semmel said.

How common do you think it is for professionals to "tick the wrong box" on forms that really matter? Is this constable going to get into trouble?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Well, he’s not a professional, he’s a police constable. I posted this rather because it tends to suggest that those who had an early crack at the (volunteer bail) magistrate might have been applying the rough end of the pineapple. The evidence on Monday will clarify that, by the looks of it.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Yeah, but I want to know how common it is for police or health professionals or immigration officials, etc. just to tick wrong boxes and whether they get into trouble for doing it.

(In this case, are you suggesting it was deliberate?)
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:39 pm

"The bail justice who freed Bourke Street killer James Gargasoulas six days before the 2017 rampage has accused police of fabricating evidence to shift responsibility for the fateful decision to grant him bail.

Christos Pantelios told the inquest into the tragedy that senior police lied under oath about information they provided to him during the after-hours hearing that saw Gargasoulas released despite his lengthy criminal record and history of bail violations."

(The Age)
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:47 pm

K wrote:
Yeah, but I want to know how common it is for police or health professionals or immigration officials, etc. just to tick wrong boxes and whether they get into trouble for doing it.

The short answer is, "It depends....."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: