Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Climate change

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Did you read the article?

Laughing As if!.. they just buy the crap the mainstream media feed them. Any alternate arguement is ignored, belittled and dismissed.... it's their way.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm

(Checked to see if this interview has been posted earlier but couldn’t find anything)

So, an interview (less than 15 mins) with Dr Patrick Michaels, Director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute on the reality, or not, of a climate change crisis.

I’ve mentioned previously why mainstream climate change research is not science at all, but mere technologists manipulating data in computer models to come up with preconceived outcomes. Not science but fraud. Don’t be duped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ

Listen and learn.

(And David, you might be alarmed to find that the only computer model that has predictive veracity is the Russian one. Propaganda and conspiracy from those damned Putinists again!)
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Woods wrote:
And David, you might be alarmed to find that the only computer model that has predictive veracity is the Russian one. Propaganda and conspiracy from those damned Putinists again!

I'm between a rock and a hard place with you and 3.14159 – can't you just argue with each other and leave me out of it? Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Patrick Michaels is completely compromised. He has openly admitted that his research is (at least) 40% funded by the oil indutsry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguJod_voPc

This is not recent - by 2005 he had "received more than $165,000 in fuel-industry funding, including money from the coal industry to publish his own climate journal." - https://web.archive.org/web/20070425173920/http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002549346_globewarm11.html

As to the quality of that which passes for his science, see: https://skepticalscience.com/patrick-michaels-history-getting-climate-wrong.html
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Patrick Michaels is completely compromised. He has openly admitted that his research is (at least) 40% funded by the oil indutsry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fguJod_voPc

This is not recent - by 2005 he had "received more than $165,000 in fuel-industry funding, including money from the coal industry to publish his own climate journal." - https://web.archive.org/web/20070425173920/http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002549346_globewarm11.html

As to the quality of that which passes for his science, see: https://skepticalscience.com/patrick-michaels-history-getting-climate-wrong.html

And the climate alarmists are funded by who?

The argument of who funds what works both ways, well, in the real world anyway... obviously not, in your bubble.

The hysteria that is shown into everyones lounge room, every night, on the news is ridiculous. Have they mentioned once, that there are over 50,000 bushfires a year in Australia... have they mentioned people being fined for making fire breaks too wide, or others removing bush fire fuel from areas they once could, not being allowed to anymore... no!
They highlight sensation seeking items... it's a fckn disgrace and it needs to be more balanced. Stop trying to scare the shit out of everyone with things that have been happening since Adam was a boy!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Who are the "climate alarmists" of whom you speak? There are scientists who publish their findings - and occasionally feel the need to add 12,000 or 15,000 signatures to letters that they think are necessary to send to governments or the United Nations to try to get people to take their research seriously. Then there are people who, for a variety of reasons, take a simplistic approach to the matters in issue. As, eg, some climate change activists and you.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I've been to Port Douglas heaps of times, snorkeled every time and speak to the people up there. I get email alerts from the Port Douglas news.

I didn't seek out a link to prove a point, I got the article read it and shared it. I guess you won't see it in the Guardian any time soon though, it doesn't comply with their agenda.

Have you ever snorkeled the reef?

Funny, all and I mean every local including boat tour operators were lamenting how bad it is now (coral, the reef etc) when I was in Port Douglas last year (September 2018)

If you bothered to actually read the article, it refers to the bleaching events of 2016/17 and says this is the best spawning in years.

I'm sure you managed to speak to every local and tour operator in town, no exaggeration whatsoever.

I was last there in late 2017, the low iles reef was a mess after the recent cyclone (obviously caused by climate change) but there were clear signs of the reef regenerating.

Anyone really interested in Coral should get up to Darwin and see the bloke at Indo Pacific marine. He has a mini ecosystem in something slightly larger than a billiard table with living coral. No filtration system, you can't grow coral in an aquarium.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I've been to Port Douglas heaps of times, snorkeled every time and speak to the people up there. I get email alerts from the Port Douglas news.

I didn't seek out a link to prove a point, I got the article read it and shared it. I guess you won't see it in the Guardian any time soon though, it doesn't comply with their agenda.

Have you ever snorkeled the reef?

Funny, all and I mean every local including boat tour operators were lamenting how bad it is now (coral, the reef etc) when I was in Port Douglas last year (September 2018)

If you bothered to actually read the article, it refers to the bleaching events of 2016/17 and says this is the best spawning in years.

I'm sure you managed to speak to every local and tour operator in town, no exaggeration whatsoever.

I was last there in late 2017, the low iles reef was a mess after the recent cyclone (obviously caused by climate change) but there were clear signs of the reef regenerating.

Anyone really interested in Coral should get up to Darwin and see the bloke at Indo Pacific marine. He has a mini ecosystem in something slightly larger than a billiard table with living coral. No filtration system, you can't grow coral in an aquarium.

Settle petal

I omitted to say “that I came across”. Climate change as you’ve noted before sets the context for these extreme weather events to occur. As you know there isn’t anything remarkable about that. 🙄

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Industry groups cherry picking data on the Great Barrier Reef. Those saying it is healthy are using tobacco industry tactics when they denied any link / cause of smoking tobacco and lung cancer

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/26/australias-science-academy-attacks-cherrypicking-of-great-barrier-reef-research

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:54 pm

I didn't bother reading it. The Guardian has put it's climate change agenda out and proud. You're as likely to find anything balanced on climate change there as you are going to find anything balanced on Trump on Fox
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I didn't bother reading it. The Guardian has put it's climate change agenda out and proud. You're as likely to find anything balanced on climate change there as you are going to find anything balanced on Trump on Fox

The Guardian here is reporting not providing commentary: an important and basic distinction.

If you were talking about an opinion or commentary you might have a point😉

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 pm

You still believe there's a distinction. How quaint.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Food for thought

https://www.facebook.com/chris.dynon?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARAJsgsqfJ9zerrGQkJIyY4DhFe2fpEY2M2kV6eSfsmLSzXawxxdwuZdoNfV8Bj2QVtcu4Orkr5_5FWi&hc_ref=ARRCNlZ1x8Hgf5OuibQbPESBakA0X5IQ-BcG9LHIFav6rqza7E742ztG9nmbfByRIXc&fref=nf

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:00 pm

Link broken?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:15 pm

https://www.facebook.com/chris.dynon/videos/10216306351231927/?__tn__=%2CdCH-R-R&eid=ARAJsgsqfJ9zerrGQkJIyY4DhFe2fpEY2M2kV6eSfsmLSzXawxxdwuZdoNfV8Bj2QVtcu4Orkr5_5FWi&hc_ref=ARRCNlZ1x8Hgf5OuibQbPESBakA0X5IQ-BcG9LHIFav6rqza7E742ztG9nmbfByRIXc&fref=nf

Try that.

or this https://www.facebook.com/chris.dynon/videos/10216306351231927/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 36 of 51   

Jump to: