Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Using live possums for greyhound training. FFS close this barbarism down. We don’t need greyhound racing & while we’re at it close down horse racing. Give the cruel animal gambling industry 5-7 years to wind down then get rid of it.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-13/greyhound-trainers-suspended-after-allegedly-using-live-bait/11699434?pfmredir=sm

Absolutely disgusting and sickening Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Couldn't agree more but I'd give them less time!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Using live possums for greyhound training. FFS close this barbarism down. We don’t need greyhound racing & while we’re at it close down horse racing. Give the cruel animal gambling industry 5-7 years to wind down then get rid of it.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-13/greyhound-trainers-suspended-after-allegedly-using-live-bait/11699434?pfmredir=sm

Absolutely disgusting and sickening Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Couldn't agree more but I'd give them less time!

less time and maybe use the owners to train sharks out deep deep where no one can hear you scream

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
Do you by any chance have a name for the koala hospital? I can spare a bit more too, koalas are just so, I don’t know, loveable, and so vulnerable, we have to save them, cheers

I do indeed - https://www.koalahospital.org.au

Did you see this? https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-12/koalas-injured-in-nsw-bushfires-treated-in-couples-home/11693936

What wonderful people!!!!!

thanks for the links, i just donated, and yes i did see that article, just amazing. Id love to babysit!! Fivefingerrescue victoria does similar, mainly with injured kangaroos around the lancefield area, they go through a lot of tv sets!
cheers

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Being basically told you're not wanted somewhere. Surprised at how upsetting it actually is.
See ya
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:48 pm

luvdids wrote:
Being basically told you're not wanted somewhere. Surprised at how upsetting it actually is.
See ya

What happened?
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Wokko wrote:
luvdids wrote:
See ya

What happened?

"K" is what happened! In the sports section.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Ahh, yeah bit of a below the belt, uncalled for comment. Bit rich to call this forum's users aggressive then throw out the personal insults.

Looks like K took some constructive criticism and a suggestion a little too personally.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 pm

KenH wrote:
Wokko wrote:
luvdids wrote:
See ya

What happened?

"K" is what happened! In the sports section.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm

luvdids wrote:
See ya

Don't take it personally, and Happy Birthday.

I found the whole Board a better experience without K's "contributions"but that's just my opinion.

The only people's opinion of you that should count are those you're actually close to and respect. Everyone else can get 4Nik8ed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:14 am

I know the feeling.

Not taking things personally is easy to say, but when comments are directed at you personally...

I do agree with the aggression part, this place used to be far more friendly and supportive. On every board.

But it’s never fair to blame one person.

I blame the umpires!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 am

watt price tully wrote:

So what happens to the 30,000+ registered racehorses in Australia, the 3,600 trainers, the 1000 jockeys, the farriers, the vets, the employees at the 360 race courses and the others indirectly employed in the industry?

There's almost $20 billion wagered annually (the government skim around 15% of that).
It's the 3rd most attended sport in Australia after AFL & NRL.

You can't just 'get rid' of it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

So what happens to the 30,000+ registered racehorses in Australia, the 3,600 trainers, the 1000 jockeys, the farriers, the vets, the employees at the 360 race courses and the others indirectly employed in the industry?

There's almost $20 billion wagered annually (the government skim around 15% of that).

maybe itds a step too far, but certainly it needs a massive step up in regulations and checks. in a perfect world that would be it, but then so many animals would not have life if not for racing etc. but we need to do it so much better. money is not a good reason to keep up cruel practices.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:32 pm

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

maybe itds a step too far, but certainly it needs a massive step up in regulations and checks. in a perfect world that would be it, but then so many animals would not have life if not for racing etc. but we need to do it so much better. money is not a good reason to keep up cruel practices.

Totally agree. The majority of the horses (and I assume dogs) are treated with a heap of love and care, the one or two clowns who do the wrong thing give the whole game a bad image.... it's the same in everything.
It's funny how people can have an opinion, without probably even being anywhere near a stable in their life.

I've part owned 5 race horses and am currently involved in another (we just spent $3.5k getting a throat issue fixed). All 5 that have retired are still kicking around, we made sure we found good homes for them. I went and saw old Joyous Harmony the last time I was in Geraldton and she is having a great post racing life on a farm up there, she gets taken down the beach at least once a week and lives a cruisy life.

If racing were to stop, most of those 30,000+ horses would end up at the abattoir, so who would win out of that scenario?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:56 pm

The death of the 2 volunteer firefighters in NSW Crying or Very sad

Brave young men with young families gone far too soon - heartbreaking.

Forget your pissy surplus Morrison these families must be cared for and whilst you are at it look after all the volunteer firefighters who are using their own leave or not being paid at all - and don’t dare trot out the “ they want to be there line” ever again!!

Vale Geoffrey Keaton and Andrew O'Dwyer 💔
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Just on the firefighters, and yeah the 2 guys dying is really sad, whether they are getting paid depends on where they work.

Yeah they're volunteers and so aren't paid by the fire service, but most organisations provide paid leave for emergency services volunteers. Public Health certainly does, so they are drawing their normal pay, not using annual leave or going without pay.

If they work for a small business or are self employed, then that's different but it serves to show why catchcry's like "pay the volunteer fire fighters" aren't that accurate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 43 of 70   

Jump to: