Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

round 1 2020

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:35 am
Post subject: round 1 2020Reply with quote

out of all the players whos going to be unable to play I feel the only 2 are greenwood around round 12 come back and maybe Langdon too which is a bummer I feel hell make his return around round 4 can anyone shed some light on how our injury list is going to be shaping up as its now off season and theres a long time between now and round 1 2020
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Langdon was going to be ready to go for round 1.

Ive been hearing bits and pieces on forums but nothing official on Langdon

Has there been complications in his rehab or is it just a recovery thing or has he got problematic knees ?

Doug44 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Didn't realise Langdon was having issues, perhaps why we held on to Scharenberg in the end?
E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Doug44 wrote:
Didn't realise Langdon was having issues, perhaps why we held on to Scharenberg in the end?

Langdon has a degenerative knee condition that will NEVER get better. it can just be managed. This is the reason we agonized over re-signing one of the best players on our team. There is no guarantee he will play for us again (although we are hopeful).

Scharenberg has had 350 knee reconstrucitons in the last 5 years. He is a gun player. Sadly, there is no guarantee he will play for us again (although we are hopeful).

Both of these players remain on our list because they are genuine talents.

Neither of them would be in our planning for building a premiership 22. They would merely be the cream on top if we could somehow get them to be fit at the right time!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:53 pm

E wrote:
Doug44 wrote:

Langdon has a degenerative knee condition that will NEVER get better. it can just be managed. This is the reason we agonized over re-signing one of the best players on our team. There is no guarantee he will play for us again (although we are hopeful).

Scharenberg has had 350 knee reconstrucitons in the last 5 years. He is a gun player. Sadly, there is no guarantee he will play for us again (although we are hopeful).

Both of these players remain on our list because they are genuine talents.

Neither of them would be in our planning for building a premiership 22. They would merely be the cream on top if we could somehow get them to be fit at the right time!

Glad you've seen the light on Tom and Matt finally and are agreeing with Qld Magpie and me.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 am

magpieazza wrote:
I thought Langdon was going to be ready to go for round 1.

Ive been hearing bits and pieces on forums but nothing official on Langdon

Has there been complications in his rehab or is it just a recovery thing or has he got problematic knees ?

Depending on which rumour or board you read his knee is anywhere from amputated to healing
I enquired during our finals campaign was he back with the rehab group doing training but no one had sighted him
That doesn't mean a lot as he may not have been at that part of his recovery yet
I had heard a whisper the operation wasn't as successful as hoped and he was exploring other option for rehab overseas which again isn't uncommon given we have sent Reid Moore JDG all overseas in recent times
As E stated his knee won't ever be fine it's been a hinderance to him since he first incurred the injury 5 years ago
I know for fact there was angst when he injured it this time with the club wanting him to have a operation immediately and he not wanting too and explore other options
They tried rest and other stuff but in the end opted for the operation
As E stated it's why the club allowed him to speak to Sydney last year and the main reasons Sydney didn't offer him a deal
My understanding his deal with us was 2 years with a further year in the clubs favour on a limited base plus more generous match payments
I wouldn't be surprised if Scharenberg's deal is similar given his knee and injury history
I doubt we will ever see the absolute best of either going forward which is a shame but unlike Langdon's injury Scharenberg's isn't degenerative condition he is just prone to doing knee's it seems
Hopefully at least 1 of them can play a meaningful role for us in 2020
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: