Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 835, 836, 837 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy life!!

Last edited by think positive on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:18 am

Yesterday I was flat as a shit carters hat. Having an early morning Dr's appointment on Friday 13th is not a good start.

Made a pact with myself to wake up happy this morning and get active, and i did. Sun shining, beautiful spring day helped.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:12 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Yesterday I was flat as a shit carters hat. Having an early morning Dr's appointment on Friday 13th is not a good start.

Made a pact with myself to wake up happy this morning and get active, and i did. Sun shining, beautiful spring day helped.

Well done u 👍

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Had 4 hours sleep: finished late with unwanted overtime.
Up at 6am, left at 7 am & rode 83 km’s Frankston & back including Olivers Hill.
Distance: 83kms
Time on the saddle: 3 hrs, 34 mins
Average speed: 23.2 km
Fastest speed: 60.1km
Calories spent: 1311
Heart rate max: 177 bpm
Average heart rate: 119

Really tough ride as there was a friggin’ howling head wind on the way home.

Now for a pm shift shortly!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:

What a difference the sun shining and not freezing makes to mood - while mine at least and you as well it seems!

So happy mum had her procedure done the day before the debacle at the Austin started. I'm not sure what I could have done with her if they cancelled - being able to breathe is pretty important.

Biopsy results this week - so after a little reprise from anxiety it's back - fingers crossed!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Good stuff with your mum, and yeah, my mood tends to deteriorate over winter. Sunshine makes life worth living.

Had the son and grandson over tonight. Lucky I decided on indoor BBQ and salad for dinner as Sharknado was in his "I didn't have my nap" mood and was a real PITA. Still, great to have them come over.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:04 pm

Happy, sad and amazing: Backtrack boys SBS on demand

F*cking incredible. Wow 😮

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1517559875619/backtrack-boys

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:49 pm

I finally got my hands on a 1958 Social Club badge ($700)... I now only need; '55, '56 & '57 to complete my set Cool
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Doesn't do things by half my mother! Turns out she had a massive myeloid sarcoma related to her AML almost occluding her entire trachea - very rare and looking at the photo I'm absolutely gob smacked she could breathe at all! Shocked

They debaulked but now needs radiotherapy to curb the myeloid infiltration - that's not brilliant but happy it is not stenosis as that's harder to manage.

What made me happy is that she will start radiotherapy for 10 days on Monday so that is brilliant. Not so happy that I will spend the first 2 weeks of my holidays at Peter Mac - don't seem to be able to stay away from Health Services Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:45 pm

^

English translation?

I'm guessing cancerous growth near blocking her windpipe?

Hope she's OK. Radio therapy is no picnic, my Dad described it as getting sunburn on a sunburn on a sunburn. he did 6 weeks on his face, did fine for the first 2 weeks, by week 4 he was eating panadeine like lollies and week 6 was swigging morphine syrup from the bottle.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 pm

^ sorry so used to speaking in tongues Embarassed

She has acute myeloid leukaemia and rarely the myeloid tissue from the bone marrow decides to more or less invade other areas and grow - hence the large tumour that basically grew in her windpipe she also has a small growth in her nostril - same tissue.

Think about looking at a tube that basically has a golf ball size obstruction - there was like a thin crescent that wasn't blocked that was basically her whole airway - never seen anything quite like it and I'm very old and been in this game a long long time Shocked

The radiotherapy is not as aggressive as radical treatment which sounds like what your dad had. The treatment planning today included making a under head pillow and a mask that they molded to her face and head that will keep her in the exact position for the treatment. Fascinating and quite brilliant - who comes up with these things!

Much different than the radiotherapy I had many many years ago post cervical cancer.

She is incredible with what she can endure - she really is!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Doesn't do things by half my mother! Turns out she had a massive myeloid sarcoma related to her AML almost occluding her entire trachea - very rare and looking at the photo I'm absolutely gob smacked she could breathe at all! Shocked

They debaulked but now needs radiotherapy to curb the myeloid infiltration - that's not brilliant but happy it is not stenosis as that's harder to manage.

What made me happy is that she will start radiotherapy for 10 days on Monday so that is brilliant. Not so happy that I will spend the first 2 weeks of my holidays at Peter Mac - don't seem to be able to stay away from Health Services Laughing

Tough stuff Morrigu

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ sorry so used to speaking in tongues Embarassed

She has acute myeloid leukaemia and rarely the myeloid tissue from the bone marrow decides to more or less invade other areas and grow - hence the large tumour that basically grew in her windpipe she also has a small growth in her nostril - same tissue.

Think about looking at a tube that basically has a golf ball size obstruction - there was like a thin crescent that wasn't blocked that was basically her whole airway - never seen anything quite like it and I'm very old and been in this game a long long time Shocked

The radiotherapy is not as aggressive as radical treatment which sounds like what your dad had. The treatment planning today included making a under head pillow and a mask that they molded to her face and head that will keep her in the exact position for the treatment. Fascinating and quite brilliant - who comes up with these things!

Much different than the radiotherapy I had many many years ago post cervical cancer.

She is incredible with what she can endure - she really is!!

Good on her.

Dad had his surgery at Peter Mac in 96. A blind drunken man with a chainsaw would've done less damage (allegedly a plastic surgeon bought in from St V's.) cut his bottom lip off, built a new one and sewed his tongue to it so he'd have a pink bit on his lip once all done.

Then, once he'd healed up, 6 weeks of radio at Peter Mac, on a weekly basis to work around the funding. I'd take him in Monday morning, he'd stay there for the week, I'd pick him up Saturday morning and take him to my place and return him monday. Poor bastard, the kids were 7 and 5 then and he never showed the pain he was going through to them.

Anyway, enough about my past, hope all is good for you and your mum

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:03 pm

A lovely well written article (to say the least) from The Footy Almanac

https://www.footyalmanac.com.au/whatever-happens-collingwood-we-already-won/

Hope it makes you happy too

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Thanks WPT.

After reading some of the stuff in GD this article did make me happy Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 835, 836, 837 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 836 of 866   

Jump to: