Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AN Evening with Swanny, Dayne, and Adam.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:33 pm
Post subject: AN Evening with Swanny, Dayne, and Adam.Reply with quote

I have not had time to post this yet, better late than never. Last week, at the York Hotel on Lilydale, they had a Magpie Magic night, featuring Swanny, Dayne Beams and Adam Treloar all on stage. Living in Mt Evelyn, just five mins away, just had to go, for sure.! Anyway, great night, in the function room, packed house, standing room for us at back. -close to the bar anyway.! Yes, a great night, learnt a lot from the boys. The MC asked them all very good questions, very probing. Dayne, whose arm was in a sling, opened up about his mental illness, the sad passing of his dad, why he left the PIes, and how Bucks is now like a father too him. He got huge ovation.

Swanny was well, Swanny, real funny man, droll humour, dropped the F bomb a few times, he could easily be a comedian, has great one liners. Adam Treloar was very insightful, opened up a lot, how these says social media, like Twitter, Facebook, is just so bad, awful for players, people-so called fans or trolls- send him and others, -and he meant many players at all clubs- the most vile an hurtful stuff, as he said, " we are human, we have feelings too, we hurt too, its just not on ", Well said. He also said, and I didn't know this, that after his double hammy last yr, all the stress and work to get back, he was so utterly devastated, distraught that we lost the GF, that for a few hours after that shattering loss, he wanted to retire from football, he was so upset. It was only after Bucks-whom he praised so much- and his family talked him out of it, that he decided to play on, this season. Swannie had the last word, and said, if the Pies can get back most of their injured players, they have an excellent chance of the Premiership, in his view. Later there was an Auction of memorabilia stuff, my son who loves Liverpool soccer team, as he loves the Pies, bought a framed poster and photos of the this yrs European Champions, Liverpool, so he was very happy. !

Yes, all in all, a great night, all round.! Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one mate, I’m in Croydon would have come down if I’d known about it, sound like a great night, I normally get held up by the one armed bandits at York
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 pm

I’m 5 minutes away as well. Saw the signs but forgot all about it!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 am

Lucky you Pienchess. Sounds like a great night was had. Smile
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am

Went to the same night earlier in the year in Mornington. Enjoyed the night.

There is another one on with different players this Wednesday if anyone is interested (at the Publican). A few tickets left. I can't go unfortunately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: