Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The current forward line

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Has our forward line suffered from loss of Mason Cox is it beginning to flourish

Going by what we saw yesterday - you'd have to argue that it hasn't suffered and it is beginning to flourish. Still early days though, and with Stepho and JDG still to return that's going to alter things too.

Cox should never have been rushed back into the senior side after 6 weeks out injured. It was a poor decision and he's regressed this year.

What we are now is less predictable.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 am

All three Billy ,JDG and Stevo aren’t talls but given us moving ball like last night to space all three one on one are adequate above their head

And even better above head but can hold his own in contest is WHE

Get those two bulls Adams and Wills bodily getting ball out to Pendles & Co

That said their A game is a must consistently

E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:23 am

against Eagles and Tigers, you'd move Roughhead back to defense you'd think.

A forward line of

DeGoey Elliot Stevo WHE and Mihocek (with Varcoe, Brown, Thomas and Sidey rotating through there as well) is probably potent enough.

Kinda all depends on whether Moore makes it back though.

I will tell you one thing. Scharenberg might be the quietest most under-rated STAR of the competition. Do you notice how he just does EVERYTHING asked of him, always makes the right decision and is barely noticed back there. I love him!!! His return (and the great form of Howe) has given our team such great flexibility down back allowing us to structure up the ground a little better.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:43 am

I agree with A forward line of JDG Billy Stevo WHE and Checkers with Roughead cameo appearance

But a fit (not continuous breaking down) Moore would dramatically change that

Moore and Roughead play CHB differently but both seem to know where to position them selves

Oh how I wish Darcy could play without breaking down right thru to October

And the Fox peanuts “They’ve got to take Shaz off Tex -he’ll get killed”

You drink your own bath water morons

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:55 pm

How close is De Goey to playing and where too if he comes in with Stevo

Personally I’d see mid for JDG —if cherry 🍒 ripe fit

Stevo doesn’t return from sick bay & was modest in early try in midfield but picked up when back near big sticks (before BetGate)

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:04 pm

BazBoy wrote:
All three Billy ,JDG and Stevo aren’t talls but given us moving ball like last night to space all three one on one are adequate above their head

And even better above head but can hold his own in contest is WHE

Get those two bulls Adams and Wills bodily getting ball out to Pendles & Co

That said their A game is a must consistently

Agree, it's the midfield that has changed our fortunes.

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:26 am

Granted the opposition will be tougher in finals, but it's looked as though opposition intercept defenders have paid more respect to the Roughie/Checkers combo than the Cox/Checkers combo... not sure if that's more to do with the improved ball movement we get having first use through Wills/Adams to the outside use of Pendles, Sidey and Treloar.

Whichever it is, I like it!

And as an aside, I'm not so sure Roughie will go back come finals against the likes or Richmond, Geelong etc. who have genuine big targets. Madgen has been good since his return and with Moore (hopefully) back, along with midfield dominance, our defense will not be under siege as it has in the past.

Having Wills and Adams work together cannot be underestimated in our return to form.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am

Boogie Knights wrote:
Granted the opposition will be tougher in finals, but it's looked as though opposition intercept defenders have paid more respect to the Roughie/Checkers combo than the Cox/Checkers combo... not sure if that's more to do with the improved ball movement we get having first use through Wills/Adams to the outside use of Pendles, Sidey and Treloar.

Whichever it is, I like it!

And as an aside, I'm not so sure Roughie will go back come finals against the likes or Richmond, Geelong etc. who have genuine big targets. Madgen has been good since his return and with Moore (hopefully) back, along with midfield dominance, our defense will not be under siege as it has in the past.

Having Wills and Adams work together cannot be underestimated in our return to form.

Oppo will def be trying to plot something to counteract Wills/Adams. I wonder fi anyo0ne wil come up with a successful strategy. I could imagine they putting in their own midfield battering rams to try to even it up. Bitchmond maybe send in Dusty and another brute. Geelong Biclavs. but I doubt they can match wills and adams. Wills entire career is probably based on that exact role, and it took him over a year after his seniors debut to actually become effective at the level. So I doubt they can catch up in time. He's also hard to stop when he gets the ball.
Or maybe there are other strategies they could come up with.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

And the Wills / Adams combo in near all contests hold their ground and stay up in tackles —but like all men find a gang tackle more difficult

Much is made of Martin and his strength but he outride s to receive in more cases than fighting for his own Sherrin

These two hold one of the keys to our finals campaign—Wills tackles stick and HURT

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:15 pm

I reckon we are currently witnessing the structure and gameplan we'll be going with in the finals, with Roughead up forward. It would make no sense to suddenly change for the finals.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Looking at De Goey —Aish —Moore and still unavailable it appears

They have 15 days (Till the Wednesday b4 1st Final) to get good

And JDG has showed around goal he’s a gun but after Billy on Saturday I believe he be hard up doing better —that said like both

But if not Billy in that form more than adequate to team up with Stevo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: