Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Losing to Carlton could cost a Flag!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
We've now beaten a team in the top 1

Nice Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:00 pm

2 of of top 4 it's pretty good. And the only loss was round 1 to Geelong which is a lifetime ago
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Interesting. We beat Brisbane. And we lost to Geelong in the first round by 7 points in an inconclusive skirmish at the time.
AFL season is a flowing river. The river is different from what it was at the start of the season. All we can say is: that we were competitive with the top 2 teams. And we are still close to them on the ladder.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:52 pm

After it all, there's 4 teams we couldn't knock off in 2019:

GWS (From two attempts)
Freo (From one attempt)
Hawthorn (From one attempt)
North (From one attempt)

From 5 total attempts, 3 were under a goal. 2 were beltings.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:50 am

We were the best team in the comp this year, but didn't play well in the wet. Its all gods fault. We would have won by 10 goals on a dry day!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:04 am

Presti35 wrote:
After it all, there's 4 teams we couldn't knock off in 2019:

GWS (From two attempts)
Freo (From one attempt)
Hawthorn (From one attempt)
North (From one attempt)

From 5 total attempts, 3 were under a goal. 2 were beltings.

Yes, we did manage to struggle against some mediocre teams. To be fair, the in-season shocks all happened in a period when our stocks were low. Even so, we struggled sometimes against teams we should have disposed of comfortably (GWS in the preliminary final included) if we were a real contender.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:57 am

E wrote:
We were the best team in the comp this year, but didn't play well in the wet. Its all gods fault. We would have won by 10 goals on a dry day!!

Funny you say that.

In Corfu I was following the game on my phone, we went to a Monastery, I said a prayer, we won, sent one up more than once in the cats game, won, I begged for a goal on Saturday, we got one, I stood cheered, said thanks and the £$%$er laughed at me and sent it back to the sticks!

So to keep my sanity, we lost because:
It rained and we didn’t cope,
6 walk up 22 were not available, including one of the best AFL players in the league,
The extra bye, the bulldogs won because of it and the extra 250 frees they got that year, let alone in the granny, the tigers started terribly, which at least gave the arsewipes fake hope, haha, and we looked like we hadn’t played for a month. I agree with the talks to scrap it, it only benefits 5-8 which is not right.
The umpires- I said before the game if we ain’t 5 goals clear we will be in trouble. It’s not how many but where the free kicks are, or are not paid. Some teams have more against because they are dirty, the giants a classic example, unfortunately only mummies hits were called in our back half. Danger got a 50 to the goal square for the dive of the century on Friday, Brodie gets pushed into next year, and nothing! In front of goal. He would have kicked it. And the Keefe deliberate out not paid to us in the dying moments. The AFL gottheir dream make no mistake, and if GWS get the breaks on Saturday, the tigers fans might burn the joint down!
And finally, crucially, it seems a couple of our players bought into the we got it easy this week. I’m not naming anyone. But gees, a few were light on for touches.
Bombing into ourforward line wasnt going to work, people forget GWS have a team of champions, 10 foot tall champions, the bullshit draft picks are on show, even in the dry, we would have had trouble, we needed to work the ball closer, I can’t believe that’s not obvious.

Anyhow. I don’t like wishing my life away but I’ll be bloody glad when this week is done and dusted. No result will make me happy, but I hope GWS win on the back of the worst umpiring decisions ever seen!

And with that remark, obviously I’m resigned to going to hell!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: