Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE VPT JUNK DRAWER. The thread you need when you don't.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Well Jordys season is over. A Sharrod Wellingham tackle dislocating his shoulder.
Played some pretty good footy. Held his own against Ballantyne & Sharrod in his last 2 games... something to build on for 2020.

Sorry to hear that. Hope he's OK. Time for a rest and back for A Big Pre-Season.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Cheers P4S, appreciate it.

It hasn't gone in too well. Just saw him at Arias 2nd birthday party. Getting it looked at on Monday.
He did really well in his 4 games, the kid had some stiff opposition; Wellingham (AFL champion/115 AFL games/Premiership player)) v East Perh, Ballantyne (140 AFL games) v Peel and Jye Bolton v Caremont (Dual Sandover winner/Collingwood List).
Playing off the HB line averaged; 13 disposals, 4 tackles and 4 marks. Most of all, he really stepped up. I said to Kelly after their last final in the ressies last year that he'd play league this year. Has enough ability to be a regular WAFL player.
His younger (17) brother is on the Swans Colts list but hasn't cracked a game yet. Not sure if he's got the same drive as Jordy yet. He's 191cm and I reckon about 52 kilo's... I thought I had skinny legs!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:12 pm

I'll whack this here as it has bits of pissed off and bits of happy.

Just got home from the weekly booze shop bit after midday, got a call from the son. The front door into his garage was busted. Someone had tried to break in overnight and the door was stuffed, could I come over and help.

To explain, his house has the garage joined on, with the big lift up door in the front and a standard house door on the side for entry. All I had planned was to sit back and watch the footy, so I agreed to come over.

Had a look, door was stuffed, it was an internal door and decades of being outside it was buggered. So was the lock. Bugger.

Quick bunnings trip, it's a non standard door width, I can't buy a direct replacement. Bugger. So bought a smaller door, new lock, and a length of 90x35 pine to jury rig the door jamb.

I did the door myself while the son and his brother were cleaning the garage and the grandson running in and out of the house once he realised I was there wanting to show me stuff.

Long story short, got the door hung and working properly. Took 3 hours including a trip home for a plane and some other tools I hadn't thought I'd need, didn't see any of the game but they streamed audio on the AFL app on a mobile to a stereo so I could listen while I worked, got to see the grandson who didn't want me to go home and it's always nice when an adult son needs to call his father for expertise rather than cash.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Sounds like he is really settling into the Dad gig, that’s awesome.

Bugger the door, apparently there has been a small string of similar breaking around indented head, my neighbor told me before we left.

Assholes

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Yeah, him and the kid have settled. He was outside cleaning the garage, kid was inside. Kid came out and yelled "Dad, what are you doing?" Dad replied, "I'm working, if you put some shoes on you can come out if you want"

5 minutes later, kid comes out, wearing his work boots and spies Granddad and runs over. I love how it seems to work between them. The kid can entertain himself but isn't busting anything so he can be trusted on his own in the house while Dad is outside.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:26 pm

Awesome, sounds like a big improvement, cheers
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:45 am

So it’s pouring, hard to watch telly with no English channels etc the news! I’m editing and watching we bought a zoo, as I’ve seen it a couple of times, the movie ends and I’ve got a show with big fat Germans running around starkers, painting starkers, playing cowboys and Indians starkers, I shit you not! Strange
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Arrived in Dubai at midnight, it was 38 degrees! Got a free upgrade to a gorgeous, massive room, the place looks massing, might just stay here for the day! Read up on what not to do and the first one was don’t do anything left handed, so yeah, I’ll be in jail after signing in! How ridiculous! Can’t wait to get home tomorrow! This trip has made me realize just how lucky we are to live in the lucky country! Sure, we need some improvement in some areas, but wow. I’m gobsmacked at some of the things, and living conditions I’ve seen. I even get why my parents moved us here now. The cost of living is out of control! Cheers, 1 more sleep, and it’s go Pies!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:50 pm

After holidaying in Dubai for a week & being a left hander I can confirm the first thing on that list is bollocks.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:52 pm

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k10861414-Left_handed-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html

Is this the UAE version of drop bears? Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:19 pm

David wrote:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k10861414-Left_handed-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html

Is this the UAE version of drop bears? Razz

hehehe, thats funny! thats like the funny amazon threads too! i did take it with a grain of salt!! i actually googled the transfer rate and that came up, bored at the airport i read it!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:35 pm

No idea where to ponder this so here'll do:

Wonder what Nostradamus had to say about Covid 19/2020?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Apparently not much.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Quite a lot, if one believes the internet. Wink

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-coronavirus-nostradamus-idUSKCN21R388

not Nostradamus wrote:
There will be a twin year (2020) from which will arise a queen (corona) who will come from the east (China) and who will spread a plague (virus) in the darkness of night, on a country with 7 hills (Italy) and will transform the twilight of men into dust (death), to destroy and ruin the world. It will be the end of the world economy as you know it.

Personally, I want to know what Criswell predicted about it!

https://youtu.be/jb6H14gVWjM

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 pm

^

I'd seen the "Nostradamus predicted this" and that it was debunked as bullshit almost straight away.

Anyway, according to Nostradamus and the Mayans, we're already supposed to all be dead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30   

Jump to: