Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 261, 262, 263 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Went to the bathroom at work to take a p155, guy at the other urinal was working one handed while using his mobile in the other. Confused Seriously?

I didn't look over to see what he was doing but I assume he wasn't videoing the stream to share on social media.

People, put the phone down.

Saw this in bar in thailand. Pom on phone splashed the leg of yank next 2 him. phone end up in toilet, after pom pushed into wall

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Still friends with the neighbors from our old house, in fact she is god mother to junior, got a text saying her FIL passed away, he was 84 been crook for a while, funeral was today. At 10.30am. I got there at 10.20 and there was three huge stretch limos out the front, and the hearse. Hmm, ok, everyone was already getting seated, it was at a school church, packed to the rafters. For a lot it looked like a waiting room. Turns out the families were in the limos and they paraded in after the first 2 songs. Lot of songs. Live singer, really good. Thankfully. At the end we all stood as the families left, and then they shut the doors! We had t9 wait about 15 min. I guess the 22 page booklet for the service should have been a warning sign. I walked out at 12.20! 2 hours. WTF! Some of th3 people there really can’t afford 2 hours! Even my neighbors mum looked at me and rolled her eyes at one point! I’m already planning mine, I’ll do the photos beforehand, and I’m leaving to good old Collingwood forever, with the last 5 premierships we win playing on the telly in Brady bunch boxes! 2 hours!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:31 pm

^

My dad always used to say, just roll me in the gutter and kick some dirt over me. We did a tad better than that, but I got the point.

I won't plan anything about my own funeral, the kids can do what they want. Have a service or not, burn me and tip the ashes down the toilet, their call. I'll be dead so whatever they do is about how they choose to remember me, not for me.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:34 pm

This is an interesting question. I always used to say that I wanted to be buried in a Safeway bag at the bottom of the garden but I worry that might not be environmentally appropriate. Perhaps I just shouldn’t go.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:55 pm

^ A Safeway bag Shocked Surely a man of your standing should at least have a Harrod's bag or the like Wink

Cardboard coffin for me - no wasting of money on a service just transport me in a little urn to Drakenstein and sprinkle me around my beloved lions!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:19 am

I'm working a double shift tomorrow: 0700-2200

Then the next day Friday, working 1330-2200 (some over time) followed by night shift 2200-0730 the next day (saturday) some overtime going back to work from 1730-2200 on the same saturday (4 hours work for 8 hrs pay.

Short staffed.
I need to go for a bike ride on Sunday morning
Collapse after that (Got sunday-Monday off)
Looking forward to holidays in late July with 2-3 weeks off in August
Will be about 16 hrs OT all up

WTF

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:03 am

Good pay though

Put it in the funeral fund!

Where you off too??

We leave for Europe in 12 days, and I’m stressed to the max! 6 trips to the US never worried about getting shot, but Im worried sick someone will steal my camera in Paris! Plus work, plus EOFY, plus new house and a cowboy painter, plus an ankle the size of a Sherrin and similar in colour!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 pm

umm

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-manholes-maintenance-berkeley-adopts-gender-neutral-language-code-20190718-jl6dwfmay5aencapgnpychdvji-story.html?fbclid=IwAR33Jsb6DA2suCxJIctQeHA95Tl0TuD9vsptucljakm2Cvj8F3R4TuaeUkY

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:10 pm

So you can now order a video shout out from your favourite celebrity

https://www.cameo.com/

Prices vary, Charlie Sheen for 1 is over $500 while Bill Brownless is $50. A small handful of AFL footballers on there, no Collingwood ones though.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:44 pm

This is definitely a WTF.

Quote:
A freshwater crocodile has been found in the Murray River near the New South Wales-Victoria border, thousands of kilometres south of home.

Key points:
Brent Lodge pulled the dead freshwater crocodile out of the Murray River near the NSW-Victoria border
It had a hook in its mouth and had been partly skinned
Experts say it is extremely unusual to find a croc in such cold waters so far south
Gold Coast electrician Brent Lodge was back home visiting friends and family in Barham, in south-western New South Wales, on the Victorian border, and went fishing on the Murray River with his father on Sunday afternoon.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-23/freshwater-crocodile-dead-skinned-murray-river-nsw-far-from-home/11337326?pfmredir=sm&fbclid=IwAR3HKX6J8FKuRUUMEIFYRrjftN5YViRTr3INlLOQnxuSuwR_V93rHQM3MN4

Some things seriously wrong with this.

First the article saying the Murray river was "near" the NSW/Victorian border. The high water mark on the Victorian side IS the border, the river itself is technically in NSW at that point

Second, WTF was a Croc doing in the Murray? No way could it survive in the winter. Drop a freshie or saltie in the Murray around January and they'd be loving life. The water is warm and food is plentiful. Once you get to late March though, the day time temp might still be nice but the overnight lows are lower meaning the water cools down quick. A Croc might survive for a while by getting a spot in the sun with shelter from the wind, but the night time temp and water temp would not be nice and winter would pretty much kill it.

Third. What kind of numbat would pull a croc out of the Murray and think it would be smart to skin it and leave the carcass? I'd be calling the council or the local MP or someone saying I just found a fkn croc in the Murray, like the bloke in the article did.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:26 pm

Been a long time since I've driven in decent fog, this morning was a beauty.

Got up bit after 7:30 this morning up in Toc wondering why it was so dark outside. Cloud cover and a serious fog was in.

On the road back to Melbourne by 8:45, fog was still in, visibility cruising down the Goulburn Valley Highway at just over 100 was about 50-60 metres. It was quite surreal in a way, like a movie, watching stuff appear out of the fog as you got closer. By the time the cloud cover lifted and the sun burnt the fog off I was nearly at Nagambie.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Can’t think of a more appropriate thread for this:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/sep/07/venice-film-festival-shock-and-awe-as-joker-and-roman-polanski-triumph

To put this in context, Venice is probably the most prestigious film festival in the world after Cannes, and as far as I’m aware there’s no precedent for them even screening a film as commercial as Joker in competition, let alone giving it top prize.

As for Polanski, his silver prize is less surprising to me than it will be to many others, particularly in America where he has been rendered persona non grata, kicked out of the Academy and so on. This is just another example of the difference in responses to the #MeToo movement in continental Europe as opposed to the English-speaking world. It’s not necessarily that Europeans are more backward on gender issues or protective of predatory celebrities (although both are arguably the case in Italy), but more that they just don’t buy into the conflation of art and morality that has become so unquestioned in the US. So it’s actually hardly surprising at all that the film would be selected for the festival, and anyone who knows anything about how major film festival juries work – where films are purely judged on merit rather than on the success of their promotional campaigns, as per the Oscars – will understand that the jurors were never going to deliberately not give the film a prize if they thought it warranted one.

Both results will attract a lot of consternation, but I think this kind of independent judgement of films on their artistic value is something to be cherished and protected.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Doesn't look much like a standard superhero movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAGVQLHvwOY

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:55 pm

David wrote:
Both results will attract a lot of consternation, but I think this kind of independent judgement of films on their artistic value is something to be cherished and protected.

Yep, agree.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 pm

What is it about breadcrumbs in supermarkets that always cause me trouble when trying to locate them?

If it's supermarkets not storing them in an aisle I believe would be more obvious, it's supermarkets changing the location of the bastards from the last time you found them to the next time you need them, or supermarkets placing them on the very bottom shelf just to troll me.

I tell you it does my head in.

What item do you always struggle to find in a supermarket?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 261, 262, 263 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 262 of 277   

Jump to: