Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 827, 828, 829 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
Junior officially passed her Bachelor of physical education and sports science today, (she switched courses after the first 18 months) ended up on a high with all HD passes. She wont graduate til the end of the year, as we will be away, and of course she wants us there. Starts her masters in a couple of weeks. Very proud of both the kids!

3 weeks til a month off and nice warm weather! Can’t wait.

Morrigu if you read this, is that arc tunnel hard to find??

Cheers!

Well done her! Cool

No not really - actually not at all Embarassed It's at the end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées on the right side if you are facing the Arc.

When you see the traffic there you will appreciate how dumb ( stupid Wink ) someone trying to cross was! Razz

cheers thankyou for the loan of the text books to help her.

im gunna google it!!!! its not really dumb, when we go to the states, im really mindful that the traffics going the opposite way, takes me forever to cross, but at least once a trip i do dumb!! thanks for the heads up!!! cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:17 am

Happy Birthday to my mum - 84 today!!!!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:22 pm

think positive wrote:
Junior officially passed her Bachelor of physical education and sports science today, (she switched courses after the first 18 months) ended up on a high with all HD passes. She wont graduate til the end of the year, as we will be away, and of course she wants us there. Starts her masters in a couple of weeks. Very proud of both the kids!

3 weeks til a month off and nice warm weather! Can’t wait.

Morrigu if you read this, is that arc tunnel hard to find??

Cheers!

Well done her. Terrific stuff TP

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Happy birthday to ur Mum. Mine turns 85 later this month

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
After 3 consecutive 3 month contracts, signed a new one today to take me up to end of October 2020. Very Happy

Same salary, still on a 4 day week which I really like, employer super contribution up from 9.5% to 17%.

As icing, the person who's replacing me as stream lead on the project started yesterday and is going to be really good. Smart as a whip, done this stuff before (as opposed to me, I was making it up as I went along) so I can get back to stuff I know and support her and the stream from a HR capacity instead of trying to do 2 roles at once.

Well done old fella

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
After 3 consecutive 3 month contracts, signed a new one today to take me up to end of October 2020. Very Happy

Same salary, still on a 4 day week which I really like, employer super contribution up from 9.5% to 17%.

As icing, the person who's replacing me as stream lead on the project started yesterday and is going to be really good. Smart as a whip, done this stuff before (as opposed to me, I was making it up as I went along) so I can get back to stuff I know and support her and the stream from a HR capacity instead of trying to do 2 roles at once.

Well done old fella Razz

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:26 am

Met with my manager today - come the end of August decreasing my hours to 4 days a week!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 am

^

Good stuff. I love working a 4 day week. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Morrigu wrote:

That’s really awesome news, cheers happy Birthday indeed

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:10 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Happy birthday to ur Mum. Mine turns 85 later this month

Happy Birthday to your mum, mine turned 80 back in Jan.

Young people today just couldn't relate to her childhood. Raised on a farm in rural NSW, her dad was a worker not a farmer, but he was provided a house on the property.

No electricity, no running water. Wood stove for cooking and heating, kerosene lamps for lighting, coolgardie safe for refrigeration. Saturday night was bath night, heat the water outside in the copper, carry it in one pan at a time til full then everyone takes turns in the bath. You'd want to be first, not last. Confused

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Happy birthday to all our mums, my mum turns 89 in September. Sent to the country during the bombing of Bristol during the war, unfortunately was abused by host families, [x2]. We are a lucky generation.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Yep! Mum came from Eire as a young thing and they settled in Coraki NSW on the Richmond river.

Same sort of situation as your mum Stui except when she was early teens her mum got MS - no community services back then so her and her sister cared for her.

When the river flooded which was often her and her sister and brother would have to carry their mum out to the tinny to try and reach safety Shocked

And then go back and somehow clean the mud whilst avoiding the snakes wrapped around the verandah posts!!

Bugger that! Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Only good thing about snakes wrapped around the verandah posts is you've got some fresh meat for dinner if you've got something to whack em with.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 am

Well it’s 2am and I’m wide wake, I’m sick, m tired, amd I’m oh so happy! Wth that godawful 90 sec playing in my mind, I watch the last 90 sec tonight, and yelled, and begged and pleaded to every god on the planet, and at the siren, I howled! And laughed and sang as Degoey and Sidey whooped and hugged it out, and they all joined In, and bucks ran across the enemies battle ground to join them! How good was that! Win loser draw I would have been protrude, but that was a win for the ages! God I love this club! Cheers!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:41 am

My eldest daughter ringing me from Optus, serving it up to the wiggle flogs Cool
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 827, 828, 829 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 828 of 866   

Jump to: