Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who says white supremacists are stupid?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brenda the Civil Disobedience Penguin explains all:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/08/it-is-extremely-funny-to-egg-politicians-but-is-it-helpful

Edit: I see David has already provided the link to First Dog on the Moon. I’ll leave this here, though, since Brenda is compulsory reading.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:41 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-23/married-to-the-alt-right/11043892

Lisa and Justin Beulah are no strangers to Australian politics. Lisa was a One Nation supporter and volunteer manager of an unofficial Pauline Hanson Facebook page. Justin was a member of the Young Liberals.

They were also part of a group of self-described fascists whom ABC’s Background Briefing revealed had infiltrated the NSW branch of the Young Nationals last year in an attempt to steer their policies further to the right.

The Beulahs were among the 22 people subsequently banned for life by the NSW Nationals over their role in the plot.

Confronted with their involvement in the white supremacist movement, the couple agreed to be interviewed and explain how they were radicalised and ended up in the hate-filled gutters of the internet.

“For me like it was Charlottesville that was my come-to-Jesus moment, so to speak,” Lisa said. “And then I decided... it was a very negative community. I was like, ‘why am I here? Like what am I doing?’ This is not right.”

But the chat logs from the days after the incident show Lisa to be cheerleading the attack.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 pm

I found this rather amusing:

https://www.facebook.com/1400349963592946/posts/2095107037450565?sfns=1

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 pm

David wrote:

Brilliant. Laughing Laughing

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:06 pm

David wrote:

Except there aren't any actual Nazis (statistically speaking) and yet it's the go to 'argument' far too often, either overtly or through dog whistling. Like the fabled 'White supremacist', all these Nazis live in the minds of angry, paranoid leftist idiots.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Egg girl, the one who tried to scone ScoMo with an egg, and missed, has pleaded guilty to common assault.

Quote:
A New South Wales woman has pleaded guilty to common assault for throwing an egg at the Prime Minister's head during the election campaign.

Key points:
Amber Holt cried after pleading guilty to common assault for egging Scott Morrison
The egg bounced off his head instead of breaking
Holt previously pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis, which she was found with in the egging aftermath
Amber Holt, who was 24 at the time, threw the egg at Scott Morrison's head while he was campaigning at the Country Women's Association (CWA) state conference in Albury in May.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-08/woman-pleads-guilty-to-egging-scott-morrison/11289152

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 pm

I think a jail sentence would be a huge overreach here. Strange that this is getting so little publicity – have a feeling people would be way more exercised if it were “egg boy” in this situation.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 am

Egg Boi's actions were arguably worse, but his target far less sympathetic.

He was very lucky to get off so lightly.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 am

According to doctors throwing eggs is a health hazard.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/news/20060920/egg-eye-injuries-send-docs-scrambling

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/young-egging-victim-had-shell-fragments-lodged-in-eye-father-says-1.3562026

I suppose they could switch to throwing milkshakes, but then imagine the outrage mob when some vegan protester gets a milkshake thrown over them or a pork sausage is thrown at the Israeli ambassador.

food fight anyone?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:44 pm

mmmmmmm Milkshakes and sausages.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:25 am

Toga Party?
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:42 am

David wrote:
I think a jail sentence would be a huge overreach here. Strange that this is getting so little publicity – have a feeling people would be way more exercised if it were “egg boy” in this situation.

I reckon there are a few reasons why they threw the book at her and not Egg Boy. One is that she didn't get the child discount.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:59 pm

K wrote:
David wrote:

I reckon there are a few reasons why they threw the book at her and not Egg Boy. One is that she didn't get the child discount.

and 2 maybe because they realised letting him off so lightly just encouraged the next person!

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:05 pm

No, I don't think so. I think it's more that they realized that if they charged Egg Boy they'd have to charge the guy who whacked him twice in a revenge attack. No such problem existed with the woman, because her "victim" acted like a normal civilized human would, as the videos show.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm

^

Yeah, nah.

I don't think that corresponds, it's more likely to charge the revenge attacker if the original incident doesn't attract charges.

I'll give you the child discount.

I think the key differentiation is the status of the attacked. One was the Prime Minister on official public business the other was a senator at a supposedly private supporters function.

We have to ensure that the sitting Prime Minister, of whatever flavour, is able to mingle in public meet and greets, unlike the situation in many other countries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13   

Jump to: