Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 692, 693, 694 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to work on that. baby steps. He's taking responsibility and thinking ahead, all wonderful improvements, just not that far ahead.

Work in progress.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 pm

In the middle of trying to manage a critical bleeding episode I get a fckn robo call on my work phone from Clive Palmer and can't hang up on it !!! Seriously just fck off - some of us are trying to work ( yes appreciate that you don't know what that actually is you disgusting blob) but seriously this is bollocks! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 pm

^

Clive either doesn't love me or the block on private numbers is working, I haven't had a single call from anyone.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Embarassed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 pm

why didnt westcoast play this shit in the last 1/4 of the grand final

$Ł$%^%%$

seconds!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Someone knocking on the door while I'm taking my post work dump. Just finished backing out a Carlton supporter when the knock happens. Yell out "hang on", finish things off and go open the door to find a bouncy little pocket rocket trying to flog something for the Smith family charity. Seriously honey, the cable I just laid was bigger than you.

I politely ushered her on her way.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:28 pm

I'm just about at the point where if I hear the word "Taxonomy" one more time I may snap.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna need to keep a grip on things as I predict I'll be hearing it a LOT more times in the near future. Mad Sad

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:09 pm

So very angry so very sad!!

Sold out by the Government to be killed by a fckn oxygen thief trophy hunter Evil or Very Mad

We were lucky to see you roaming free and now you have been killed for money and to satisfy the lust of a fckn psychopathic human scumbag!!

RIP Voortreekker Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 pm

^

Seems pretty senseless.

https://africageographic.com/blog/iconic-desert-adapted-elephant-voortrekker-killed-by-trophy-hunter-in-namibia/

Quote:
In their announcement on Facebook, Namibia’s Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) said “the elephant bull concerned was put down after it was declared a problem. The animal alongside others have been destroying properties and infrastructure in the area of Omatjete.”

Not much in the way of evidence of damage

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:34 pm

First world problems I know, but there was apparently a fair storm up in Toc on saturday. Couple of power poles taken down, couple of houses messed up, trampolines thrown into power lines, trees snapped.

Mum's brother cruised over today to see if my place was still standing. It is, but the front door is made up of small glass panels and apparently a couple of them are busted. So I'll have to go up this weekend, suss it out and do a temp repair job , then check the insurance policy and decide what to do.

Bugger.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Seems pretty senseless.

https://africageographic.com/blog/iconic-desert-adapted-elephant-voortrekker-killed-by-trophy-hunter-in-namibia/

Quote:
In their announcement on Facebook, Namibia’s Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) said “the elephant bull concerned was put down after it was declared a problem. The animal alongside others have been destroying properties and infrastructure in the area of Omatjete.”

Not much in the way of evidence of damage

They have been after him for years - the psychopaths who kill for fun want to kill only big bulls - it makes them feel better about having toothpick dicks!!

"In 2008 Voortrekker fans donated US$12 000 to MET in an effort to save him from professional hunters who had their eyes on his trophy tusks. At the time, six hunting permits were issued and only Voortrekker was saved from trophy hunter guns – the remaining five elephants were killed"

I remember this vividly - we donated $1000 AUD it was a lot of money for us back then but we felt very strongly about it!

And it wasn't even him ( I won't bore you with endless links to organisations like Elephant Human Relations Aid) but this letter from the neighbouring conservancies (like our councils/shires) says it all:

An urgent letter addressed to MET official Christoph Munwela by management of conservancies neighbouring the Ohungo Conservancy in the area of Omatjete to prevent the killing of Voortrekker, suggests that a flagrant error was made when the hunting license was issued. The letter points out that Voortrekker is in fact not part of the herd that has been bothering the community of the Ohungu Conservancy in the area of Omatjete.

And the pictures of the damage he apparently did Laughing Laughing We have driven from one end of Namibia to the other on 4 occasions - that farm is in better nick than most across the country where elephants do not reside or roam!!

Greed and corruption is why he was killed - rich white Boers and Afrikaners many who have over the last years relocated to Namibia and the influence and power of the Dallas Safari Club means money in the pockets of corrupt officials and policticians - how unusual for Africa Rolling Eyes

It's an election year and they needed the cash especially given this: https://neweralive.na/posts/missing-millions-derail-omatjete-community-lodge
Infra structure in Omatjete Laughing - there's an oxymoron if ever I heard one!!

We like so many tourists self drive - we hire a vehicle from a Namibian company, we buy fuel - you can't self serve in most so you pay the locals to fill your car and clean the windscreen etc, we buy supplies at local shops, we stay in camp sites and lodges that on the whole are owned by the Namibian Goverment or local conservancies.

We were to return next year for a few weeks -and we are torn because we know so many people doing such good work who need the tourist dollars but so angry and sickened that at this point - well fck the corrupt politicians, fck the psychopathic septics, just fck it all!!

We will go to Galapagos next year instead!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Such bullshit, any excuse, disgusting,

Little dicks big ego is right, no courage in this, I just don’t get it. Why don’t they marvel at such an amazing beast? Arssholes

RIP

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:27 pm

One question, and I ask this hesitantly, if the government decided he was a pest and had to be culled (which is a seriously questionable decision no argument) is it better to have a trophy hunter pay the government to do it or the government pay military or someone else to do it?

He shouldn't have been shot in the first place, but if he had to be shot, which way is better?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:10 pm

^ It is a very reasonable question.

In this instance the ele was not the ele that was causing damage, but I fully acknowledge that sometimes wild animals do cause problems for the locals - from damage to property, destruction of crops and also their livestock.
This is particularly true when it comes to eles - they will follow their migration paths learnt from generation to generation no matter what barriers including human encroachment are put in their way. That having been said there are some wonderful and effective strategies that can be employed - like the use of beehives - this has been very effective in eliminating the human ele conflict in countries like Kenya.

There are many organisations and local conservancies that work hard to address the human animal conflict - they fund and assist in building enclosures that protect the livestock, the installation of solar powered pumps to ensure water supply - eles are thirsty critters and many more!

I absolutely detest trophy hunters - for me they are a pox on the world that should be eliminated but putting my personal feelings aside there are other factors to be considered. What message does it send? The vast majority of trophy hunters are rich white mainly men - mostly septics but also Germans and Russians - does everything including the life of an animal any animal have a price?

Despite the rhetoric of the hunting fraternity most of the money does not go to locals - it goes into the pockets of those rich white folk who organise the "hunt" and the officials and politicians who sign the "hunting" permits. In this case Voortrekker generated a significant amount of money for locals from tourists who just wanted to shoot him with a camera – tourists who over a number of years have come and spent their $ to see him – they will come no more!

And perhaps most importantly the issue of hunting permits for "problem" animals is open to blatant corruption!

Bypassing Problem Elephant Permits in Namibia - PH John Wamback accidently spills the beans

The convenient little cure-all in the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism's Conservation bag of tricks, is called a "Problem Animal" Permit. It is so handy for exploiters and unethical operators everywhere, that it was even mentioned in the MET's press release about the hunting licences issued for the Desert Elephants last year.

https://www.thedodo.com/problem-elephant-permit-1105273061.html?fbclid=IwAR0MzW6hG5vHh3EC7XJm3U3FDhzvz6qTAbYSlNQfUMAb21ZU5gPoULT-OJ8

If the animal is genuinely a problem animal and has to be killed then do it as humanely as possible and let the locals benefit from the supply of meat etc if applicable. Don't sell the right to kill as a trophy to the highest bidder where the animal will not be killed as humanely as possible and the locals will not be the beneficiaries!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 pm

^

Fair call and hard to fault/ Cheers for that.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 692, 693, 694 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 693 of 719   

Jump to: