Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Zoos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When was your last Zoo visit?
1 - 6 months ago.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
The last 2 years.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
3-5 years ago.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
6-10 years ago.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

not for long thankfully:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-26/wa-public-overwhelmingly-support-end-to-puppy-farming-christmas/10554888

https://www.dlgsc.wa.gov.au/localgovernment/strengthening/Pages/Stop-Puppy-Farming.aspx

Victorian shops cant sell puppies, if you want a puppy you do as i did, and go through a registered breeder. WA look to be following suit by the end of the year. Of course there are still arseholes beating the system, but there is also more than one regulating body you can check with now.

if you want to know whats so wrong with puppy and kitten farms go here:

https://www.oscarslaw.org/what-are-puppy-factories.htm

by the way, i used to do that too, especially in winter, keep the kids entertained. but back then i had no idea what was going on.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Not a zoo but still good news

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/08/elephant-rides-stop-cambodias-biggest-attraction-9871921/

Baby steps

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Why does everyone go so extreme?

People go to pet shops.

My old mate stretch, he's into tropical fish and has some amazing tanks. He gets stuff for his tanks and fish food and stuff... and more fish.

Little old ladies go to get their canary or budgie.

Kids get puppies or kittens for xmas or their birthday, or just for the hell of it.... and end up being inseparable friends.

I get all the puppy farm stuff and greyhound baiting and cruelty to animals and of course, it's terrible. But people can still interact with animals... can't we Confused

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:31 pm

I don’t have a moral problem with walking into a pet shop and looking at the cute animals, but I understand those who see them as places of exploitation and misery that we shouldn’t be supporting. Certainly, if I were buying an animal, I would opt to go through an ethical breeder. It’s like buying free-range eggs; not doing so doesn’t make you a monster, but if you can use your power as a consumer to have a little bit of a positive impact, then it’s always a good choice.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:56 pm

think positive wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/08/elephant-rides-stop-cambodias-biggest-attraction-9871921/

Baby steps

Yes saw that absolutely brilliant news!!! Very Happy

Animals Asia are currently transporting 4 rescued moon bears from a life in barren cages where tourists gawked at them at a Vietnamese resort. You should have a look at the video of them munching on fruit and vegies and having showers on route to the sanctuary - gorgeous!!!

I think the message is starting to sink in especially for many tourists - still a way to go but promising that's for sure!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:

Baby steps

Yes saw that absolutely brilliant news!!! Very Happy

Animals Asia are currently transporting 4 rescued moon bears from a life in barren cages where tourists gawked at them at a Vietnamese resort. You should have a look at the video of them munching on fruit and vegies and having showers on route to the sanctuary - gorgeous!!!

I think the message is starting to sink in especially for many tourists - still a way to go but promising that's for sure!

oh wow i will thankyou, i remember a while back watching a rescue of moon bears from an island somewhere, it was very emotional to watch, heartbreaking, but happy too.

and yes i liked the part where they mentioned that tourists are not queuing for rides anymore, about time. way overdue. how anyone can see what they do and still ride... nup

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Skids wrote:
Why does everyone go so extreme?

People go to pet shops.

My old mate stretch, he's into tropical fish and has some amazing tanks. He gets stuff for his tanks and fish food and stuff... and more fish.

Little old ladies go to get their canary or budgie.

Kids get puppies or kittens for xmas or their birthday, or just for the hell of it.... and end up being inseparable friends.

I get all the puppy farm stuff and greyhound baiting and cruelty to animals and of course, it's terrible. But people can still interact with animals... can't we Confused

yes we can, 100%. the problem is greed. how many times have you seen tiny puppies in shop windows without their mum? in the sun? dickheads banging on windows scaring them. and check out the stats skids as to how many have not been bred properly, and are destined to a life of pain because the new owner doesnt get it and doesnt take them to a vet? and then take a look at pictures that have come out of raided puppy farms, a senior vet in victoria was recently charged.

Free range eggs is becoming a no brainer for most, the supply of free range or at least barn laid, is fast overtaking the caged egg section in most supermarkets. Man i love bacon, just the smell, its almost orgasmic! and then i watched a pig get gassed, the movie was taken at a factory about 20k from me, when i go past i can smell it, and i remember every time the noise and the fear on that pigs face. i have not bought pig products since. and i dont order it when out. what kind of life is it for a pig? so many trapped in tiny pens, and then to be shipped (man i hate seeing those trucks with the animals getting tossed about) and then killed, not stunned first, they die in $$%^%%$ agony. But hey, look at that cute little piglet jimmy gets to hold and probably squeeze too tight, great photo op. until the little piggie aint so little, and gets tossed aside.

so by all means go to the zoo, and even a shop, but dont think its just a treat for the kids, think what it costs those animals. you know id love to ride an elephant! really, id just love it, i would also love to go to africa and pet lion cubs. and then i saw the reality behind it. even if its in front of me i couldnt do it. make conscious decisions. at least think about it. be aware of it.

youve had dogs. dogs see your soul, they try so hard to please, they live for you. now imagine that dog curled up at your feet, or like mine, sprawled all over you, and imagine them alone, in a tiny pen, in labour, or just shivering waiting for the next mate, never cuddled, never loved, not even given a name, not brushed, no vet checks, kennel cough is rife, and so are branch chain mammary tumours, after a few litters they drag on the ground. Can you put your dog in that space without feeling a tear coming on? why does any animal deserve that? i seriously feel very sorry for anyone that cant FEEL it in their soul.

we have to do so much better with this world. i genuinely fear for the world our kids are growing up in. We need to get back to entertainment being satisfied with just enjoying, appreciating the magical world of animals, bugs, hell even sharks, without causing them distress and pain. Every body wants too much, where does it end?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:38 pm

^ Spot on!!!!!

The bears are home - heart bursting with joy!! You must go to Animals Asia FB and watch the video ( well you don't have to but you should cause you will love it Wink )

Love this place been there a few times now and am going to spend a few days behind the scenes with Jill Robinson ( founder of AA) in October - so excited!!! Smile

Education is the key and children are the future!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:43 pm

that actually got me teary! that enclosure is amazing, just brilliant.

and i donated too. cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:28 am

^ I know - I want that job don't even need to pay me!!

You might find this interesting - 2 15 yr old South African school kids - inspiring!!!

Big Cat Youth Collection 👍❤️
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: