Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

SOOOO, lets get this straight, u can pinch players on the arm, for two $£$%^%%$ weeks in a row, stomp on a players foot, and u get a $£$%^%%$ lousy two weeks no fine ????? BUT, if u play for Collingwoood, have a bet, yes, wrong to do, but with amount of saturated advertising on media, like, what do they expect young folks to do ??- u get handed this massive penalty, plus a big fine, and destroy a young blokes confidence and self belief ??

Our season is done now, any chance we had of winning the flag is now gone, we ill lose bout 5 games easy, because hes not playing, lets face the cold hard fact, he is basically irreplaceable. Say goodby to the Premiership now, courtesty of the PC correct AFL, that promotes gambling itself, and a President whose organisation has treated fans like shit, past few weeks.

IM done, done with the AFL. Done.!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:33 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Luckily we have other forwards, so it shouldn't hurt our win/loss record in the 2nd half of the season.

I hope you're right but I don't think so - he is a multi-dimensional player and offers more than other standard forwards offer (with the exception of DeGoey). Some games he's killing the opposition out of the goalsquare, others he's creating goals from beyond the 50 - he can be used in different ways to damage the opposition and hence he's certainly a big loss, and there may be a close game or two which we may now found ourselves on the wrong end of.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 pm

You have to wonder about AFL and it’s decision which is as said very harsh

The kid did wrong and that’s been acknowledged

But is there more to the penalty than for Stephenson

Or has he been made an example of the power they can wield

Is he the sacrificial lamb

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Many will disagree, but I think the punishment is fair and just in the circumstances.

I agree with those critical of the AFL benefiting from widespread gambling advertising.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Our season is done now, any chance we had of winning the flag is now gone, we ill lose bout 5 games easy, because hes not playing, lets face the cold hard fact, he is basically irreplaceable. Say goodby to the Premiership now, courtesty of the PC correct AFL, that promotes gambling itself, and a President whose organisation has treated fans like shit, past few weeks.

It's not as dire as that...we all thought our 2018 season was gone when we had those injuries but we came through. Sure, it may be harder now to win a few of the games, but as long as we've won enough to finish top 4, then we are still in the mix come finals...

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Move the spot light from their inadequate management to utilise this to be seen as doing a good job —AFL am I right
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm

10 weeks of match payments plus $20,000. What odds would you need on $36 of bets to cover that?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The hypocrisy from the AFL is mind boggling, seeing as they make millions of dollars from advertising footy betting. Stevo should due the AFL for promoting gambling, then punishing him for partaking in it.

Hmmm... it would be worth investigating I reckon. Might be one avenue for the AFL to be forced to defend its questionable ethics.

Quote:
The one good thing with a 10 week ban, is he is unlikely to get injured before the finals! I suspect he'll be involved in some intensive match simulation sessions leading up to the finals, and as he is so talented, I'm hoping he won't need time to find his touch.

Luckily we have other forwards, so it shouldn't hurt our win/loss record in the 2nd half of the season.

Trouble is it won't just be touch he will need to find again, but the confidence in himself that he deserves a place in the side. Crying or Very sad Hopefully, Bucks, the leadership group and his football mates will foster this.

A bit of pressure goes onto Jamie now , but I think he's shown he can handle it. Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:42 pm

DT wrote:
Deserves his whack but he also deserves credit for his honesty. At least he is available for finals.

This

I’m devastated

But I expected it, and if was three different games well....

First week of the finals hey? I’m putting 10 bucks on him to come out and kick 5! Joking, I don’t even bet on the cup!

Seriously though, Stevo, your a kid, you £$%$ed up, you owned up, earn it back mate, all willbe forgiven. Mark my word, this kid will come back and take on the world. I love this kid.

Side By Side is not just a slogan.

Yes I do believe the scum afl has used this to deflect and also to try and deter others, so what, come at me, you won’t change my black and white blood, and today’s tears will easily turn into tomorrows cheers, it’s a roller coaster guys, always has been, I would t have it any other way, because it what make it so special, so precious. We are the greatest, in my eyes, the only, club tha5 matters. And when we hit the top of the coaster again, your gunna hear me from space!

**** you AFL, **** you TABCOR, evil shit,

Stevo, you got this kid, this time, don’t miss

Go Pies.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:43 pm

tbaker wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

It's not as dire as that...we all thought our 2018 season was gone when we had those injuries but we came through. Sure, it may be harder now to win a few of the games, but as long as we've won enough to finish top 4, then we are still in the mix come finals...

Maybe, maybe not, but hes just so talented, hes like De Goey, as BT said, hes Mr Spaceman, he finds space, he gets the ball in space, where he has not right to be, hes sensational. He will be missed hugely. I guess Elliott can now come in, like when ?? But, I dunno, this is a crippling blow, to the team, but more so for him, a young fella who has made a mistake, as we all did when we were young, even bloody Gillon McLaughlan. !! Surprised Mad

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Truely in times like this some one must step up as Brayden Sier did mid 2018
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:
10 weeks of match payments plus $20,000. What odds would you need on $36 of bets to cover that?

Apparently, Jaidyn receives $5000 per match - stated in the Age I think, so that's $50,000 he has lost, plus the 20K fine.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 pm

AFL statement says the 12 match suspended sentence remains for his career. We assume this only applies specifically to another betting indiscretion?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:49 pm

From the AFL statement:

"On two occasions Stephenson gave cash to a friend to place the bets for him, on one occasion he used the friend's betting account."

So, if Jaidyn had just stayed quiet about it - he self-reported to the club - how the hell would anyone know what he had done (unless someone threatened to blab and he was forced to fess up)?

Self-reporting possibly goes to show he has more integrity than the ones handing down the penalty.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:52 pm

think positive wrote:
DT wrote:
Deserves his whack but he also deserves credit for his honesty. At least he is available for finals.

This

I’m devastated

But I expected it, and if was three different games well....

First week of the finals hey? I’m putting 10 bucks on him to come out and kick 5! Joking, I don’t even bet on the cup!

Seriously though, Stevo, your a kid, you �$%$ed up, you owned up, earn it back mate, all willbe forgiven. Mark my word, this kid will come back and take on the world. I love this kid.

Side By Side is not just a slogan.

Yes I do believe the scum afl has used this to deflect and also to try and deter others, so what, come at me, you won’t change my black and white blood, and today’s tears will easily turn into tomorrows cheers, it’s a roller coaster guys, always has been, I would t have it any other way, because it what make it so special, so precious. We are the greatest, in my eyes, the only, club tha5 matters. And when we hit the top of the coaster again, your gunna hear me from space!

**** you AFL, **** you TABCOR, evil shit,

Stevo, you got this kid, this time, don’t miss

Go Pies.

T P, I hear u loud and clear, but its just devastating, hes irreplaceable, I dunno, maybe Billy Elliott can fill the breech, but like u, this kid is my favourite player too, I really feel for him. OK he made a big mistake, we all do, God knows I made many young, like drunk driving, but u learn from mistakes an grow. im not saying let him off, but really, because he owned up, surely it could have been, say, 4 weeks and a big fine, surely ? And how handy it is, that this chimes in, in the very week, the League is hauled over the coals for treating fans like shit, how very convenient distraction, Gillon must have a big smile now. ! Anyway, what about all these endless gambling ads on TV radio, like, who wins, first mark, first goal, first point, etc its saturated gambling ads, NO wonder young folks are sucked in, not just footy players, any young kid, any of us ! At the end of the ad, it says GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY, haha what a joke, and the fuking AFL promotes endsless Betting itself, for Chrissakes !! Words fail me, there are no words. Shocked Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 27 of 128   

Jump to: