Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Buckley's weekly interview with Gerard Whateley in 2019

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Whateley has said on SEN today that he will interview Buckley tomorrow (Thurs) morning at 9:00am.

No doubt the Stephenson betting issue will feature prominently.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:00 pm

More opportunity for Gerard to push his holier than thou agenda.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:47 pm

^ Whateley's become a pretentious and self-righteous figure. He was great during the years when Essendon were under investigation by ASADA/WADA.

However, he lost me last year when he carried on about the "state of the game" non-stop, and this year he seemed fully supportive of the AFL's agenda to police the crowd.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Jezza wrote:
^ Whateley's become a pretentious and self-righteous figure. He was great during the years when Essendon were under investigation by ASADA/WADA.

However, he lost me last year when he carried on about the "state of the game" non-stop, and this year he seemed fully supportive of the AFL's agenda to police the crowd.

I agree. He's a tosser. Far too opinionated and full of himself, and lacks any humility for my liking.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Jezza wrote:

Whateley and Bob Murphy together vomit material , suck .suck

www.facebook/the hybernators
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:19 am

Jezza wrote:

I agree. I used to think he was an excellent footy journalist - unbiased, measured and thoughtful in his views (despite being a Cats supporter!).
However, since leaving the ABC and going to SEN, he has adopted a more sensationalist approach. Getting paid handsomely for doing so, I suppose.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 am

Whatley like them all have a price.
A self righteous Muppet.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 am

I really had hoped we’d shut up shop on the Stephenson issue and move on and concentrate on playing football. There’s no reason to give this any more oxygen. Done. Dusted. Move on...
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am

Listening to it now. Buckley's being quite supportive of Stephenson here.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:12 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
I really had hoped we’d shut up shop on the Stephenson issue and move on and concentrate on playing football. There’s no reason to give this any more oxygen. Done. Dusted. Move on...

It's only the morning after, and Buck's first interview since the verdict, so it's understandable. I think it'll be done and dusted by today....

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am

Here’s a link to the audio podcast of this morning’s interview.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=386676

Pretty much entirely devoted to examining the Stephenson betting scandal. Plenty of mixed messages from Buckley - he talks of Stephenson’s immaturity and nativity yet moments later talks about how he goes about his job in a professional manner. Sorry, Nathan, you can’t have it both ways.
As for Whateley he basically gives Buckley free rein to paint Stephenson as a victim instead of the perpetrator that his admittedly is. Also plenty of talk by Buckley about how the leadership within the club stood up during the last few weeks which is fair enough. But there no probing questioning by Whateley as to why this leadership has been so lacking earlier in the year that Stephenson can go about laying bets on Collingwood games thinking that it’s not a problem. How the hell does that happen, Nathan? Where were you, Walsh and leadership and culture boss Nick Maxwell in the lead-up to this? Are there other players betting? Lot of unasked questions. Anyway, make of it what you will.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:32 am

Woods wrote:
Here’s a link to the audio podcast of this morning’s interview.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=386676

Pretty much entirely devoted to examining the Stephenson betting scandal. Plenty of mixed messages from Buckley - he talks of Stephenson’s immaturity and nativity yet moments later talks about how he goes about his job in a professional manner. Sorry, Nathan, you can’t have it both ways.
As for Whateley he basically gives Buckley free rein to paint Stephenson as a victim instead of the perpetrator that his admittedly is. Also plenty of talk by Buckley about how the leadership within the club stood up during the last few weeks which is fair enough. But there no probing questioning by Whateley as to why this leadership has been so lacking earlier in the year that Stephenson can go about laying bets on Collingwood games thinking that it’s not a problem. How the hell does that happen, Nathan? Where were you, Walsh and leadership and culture boss Nick Maxwell in the lead-up to this? Are there other players betting? Lot of unasked questions. Anyway, make of it what you will.

Oh give it a break. He made the bets in his own home with a mate. How the f*** is the leadership group responsible, should they install cctv in every olayer’s house, their friends houses too, and watch it 24/7? Your argument falls to pieces considering the fact that as soon as a teammate found out about it, the teammate told Stephenson to come clean. Our leadership and culture is fine.

Your criticism should be directed at the AFL. How did this leak? Why are other players at other clubs not getting named and shamed? Why isn’t the media attacking the AFL’s hypocrisy with betting sponsorships.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Woods wrote:

Actually he can Woods. You are still failing to understand the brain of a 20 year-old. Rolling Eyes In a social situation with mates, it would operate in a different space to the focus it would have in the structured, professional setting of an AFL club. Thank heavens for Jaidyn and the Pies that Bucks understands and grasps this.

I fully endorse Mr Miyagi's comment above too.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 pm

As I posted in the new thread, it was Howe who nipped it in the bud. Howe’s in the leadership group.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Oh my, I think Gerard has lost the plot!!
In his editorial piece at the start of the show yesterday, he is saying that Jaidyn could have influenced the outcomes of the games he bet in!!! What????

Firstly,I think Jaidyn would've forgotten all about the specific details of his meagre little multi-bet once out of the ground and concentrated on simply playing his best.

Secondly, there are an additional 22 players from the opposition and 21 on his own team that he would need to have control over.

What a shame Whateley has come to express this sort of rubbish..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: