Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 825, 826, 827 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first outing, Skids. Let's hope it builds for him from here - and that he plays a belter next week when you're there!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Good stuff Skids.

daughter came round tonight. I don't know what I did right but the end product in her late 20's is poles apart from the teenage bitch. She has grown so much as a person.

Son couldn't come over, he's doing housework (which isn't his strong suit) ahead of a DHHS visit. Tick this box off then it's court time. He's broken up with his new GF which I'm not shattered about, but it puts more on his shoulders as despite me teaching him how to cook and wash dishes and clothes he's had females doing that for him most of his adult life, girlfriends or friends. Working full time, being a parent and maintaining a house (cooking, cleaning, washing etc) takes some skills in time management. he's got some shit to learn but I reckon he can do it.

Also, got back into exercising over the weekend for the first time in 6 months. baby steps.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Cheers gents.
If the WAFL had video reviews, he'd be suspended for his tackle on Jye Bolton. Bolton had 30 did disposals prior to Jordy burying him in the middle. There was no malice, just a keen kid in his first game going hard.

I'm hearing you Stui! My eldest just turned 28 and she's a ripper. A big change from the 17yo that left home and didn't talk to me for almost a year. They get it when they grow up. Cool

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Skids wrote:
Cheers gents.
If the WAFL had video reviews, he'd be suspended for his tackle on Jye Bolton. Bolton had 30 did disposals prior to Jordy burying him in the middle. There was no malice, just a keen kid in his first game going hard.

I'm hearing you Stui! My eldest just turned 28 and she's a ripper. A big change from the 17yo that left home and didn't talk to me for almost a year. They get it when they grow up. Cool

He got reported for rough conduct but escaped with a reprimand.
Michael Christian would've given him 2 weeks.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Skids wrote:
Cheers gents.

Yep, they do. I'm proud of them both.

daughter texted me today the details of her new contract. Very decent pay rise, around 30% increase once you include travelling allowance.

The son rang me tonight, had a DHHS visit today to check out his house. Like a welfare check to see what environment his son was in, where he slept, what stuff he had etc. Passed with flying colours, caseworker very happy with everything, case closed from their perspective and they'll provide him a written reference to take to the Family Court for a custody application.

I've told him not to delay that for too long but he has other things he needs to tick off first like getting hold of the kids immunisation records so he can get him into daycare. I was worried for him that the penny would never drop, but it did and did hard.

Very proud of them both, forget how much they earn or what they do, they're both good people.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm

thats awesome guys, both of you

good to read happy stories

xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Cheers Jo.

It's a nice feeling knowing your kids are in a good place with their lives. They've both done it the hard way and the boys road ahead is a hard one, but I finally have confidence that they're on a good path.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Cheers to that, no more grey hairs!!!
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am

Yep, he gets another run.... Starting on the HB flank.
Flew home last night and get to join the mob on the hill at Basso v West Perth. Going to be a wet day here. Swans have only won 1 of their last 11 home games, desperately need a win to stay in touch with the top 5.
The Colts are on top of the ladder, only losing their first game of the season last week by 3 points to Claremont. Keep your ear out for the name Jamison Ugle down the track. A very exciting 16 year old.

Record crowd at Basso for a WAFL game was v West Perth in the late 70's, 28000. The good old days. Found plenty of money and other good stuff after the game that day!

Be lucky to be 2000 there on Sunday.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Hope the kid goes well.

Flying trip up to Toc and back, headed up yesterday morning, haven't been up for a month.

Ground has moisture (surprisingly with serious frosts and not too much rain, the ground dries out like summer)garden was good, frosts haven't killed any plants, yet.

So after unloading and a quick supermarket run, on a beautiful sunny 9 degree day, put some roundup around, poured some Seasol on the plants in the garden beds (apparently helps protect from frosts) and then mowed the front yard with the catcher on to pick up all the Oak Tree leaves and use them as mulch on the garden beds.

Lit the kitchen stove and put the heater on in the lounge just after lunch. The sun was nice but %$^Ł$%^&%% the air was cold.

Nothing left to do except maybe some painting, but too cold for that so had a leisurely morning, omelette for brunch, tidies up and came back to Melbourne, did the weekly alcohol shop on the way home.

No need to stay for another night (it was 6 degrees in the kitchen this morning) and no need to rush coming home, enjoy the best part of the day then cruise back.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Everything!

How good is life!

I flew home on thursday, Aria stayed over... my 1st GD, born 8 weeks prem.... and can say Grandad forty 9 times a minute! Laughing

Did a cashy this morning for some great people, went to watch Jordy play, they got smashed but we were there.

SD are having a horrible year in the WAFL. Getting down there today with the ones who alaways brave the elements... was so good!

My 1st visit to a WAFL game this season and just seeing old friends was really special for me today. I bumped into Kenny Ball. Local copper from Lockridge PS. Was the sergant when I was in early HS, lived next door to a mate.
Been around the footy club forever.
I walk in about an hour b4 the game and he spots me... he's 75+ yo, yarns to me for about 3 minutes and says "You still plumbing?"... I thoughyt, *^%*%^! he's still sharp!

I could rave on about that, but I won't.

I saw my; B in law, some nephs ,n nieces and heaps of old acquaintances`from way back ... so good and..................
it made me happy today!

* He keeps on going, 18 touches and one of our best in another big loss at home... 16.13 to 8.4.

This is what makes us stronger Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:13 am

Great posts guys, lovin the happy!
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:03 pm

think positive wrote:
Great posts guys, lovin the happy!

Cheers TP. The happy has a thumping headache today Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Touch wood, looks like I'm staying where I am at work for the time being.

Signed on initially for a 3 month contract, got told during that that I was looking at a 12-18 month extension to go onto a project.

That got battered about a bit with internal politics, so 8 months in and toward the end of my 3rd 3 month contract (during which I've been a HR business partner, Principal Employee Relations Advisor and interim stream lead of a segment on the project) I got a call today saying I'm getting an extension til October 2020.

Pretty happy with that, as late as last night it was still unknown but approval came through today.

The sticking point was about the requirement and funding for the role, not about me as such as I've had a lot of support and positive feedback from people I work with at all levels, including the external industry partner I'm working with, which is really gratifying.

As much as you try to write off worrying about things you can't control and take things day by day (or contract by contract) it's a nice feeling to have a bit of security.

Smile

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:22 am

stui magpie wrote:
Touch wood, looks like I'm staying where I am at work for the time being.

Signed on initially for a 3 month contract, got told during that that I was looking at a 12-18 month extension to go onto a project.

That got battered about a bit with internal politics, so 8 months in and toward the end of my 3rd 3 month contract (during which I've been a HR business partner, Principal Employee Relations Advisor and interim stream lead of a segment on the project) I got a call today saying I'm getting an extension til October 2020.

Pretty happy with that, as late as last night it was still unknown but approval came through today.

The sticking point was about the requirement and funding for the role, not about me as such as I've had a lot of support and positive feedback from people I work with at all levels, including the external industry partner I'm working with, which is really gratifying.

As much as you try to write off worrying about things you can't control and take things day by day (or contract by contract) it's a nice feeling to have a bit of security.

Smile

Congrats

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 825, 826, 827 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 826 of 866   

Jump to: