Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Can Collingwood win the premiership 2019

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ This obsession with clearances!! Ok, we could be better at it, but there's no point going all out to be first to win the ball if we're under so much pressure when we have it that we just turn it over on the outside to the opposition (like Melbourne on QB). Not winning the clearances is ok if we're close enough to pressure the opposition to turn it over into space, and then we're in an even more damaging position with the ball in hand...
princem007 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 pm

We are not playing anywhere near our best footy or team at moment but when the whips are cracking we will be. Watch this space. Believe
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Up to this week it was as good as ours,

Now I don't believe we'll even play Prelims. The fkn AFL managed to destroy our chances yet again. There was ONE side who could run with us. Now that side has been handed ANOTHER flag. Without the excitement Stevo brought, we're just another side looking for a way to kick another 3 or 4 goals.

Im sickened. Im particularly sickened that YET AGAIN we don't even put up a whimper, bunch of cowardly pussies we are. Makes me ashamed.

*£$%*&£$£ U Eddie

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Collingwood make Grand Finals.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:06 pm

tbaker wrote:
^ This obsession with clearances!! Ok, we could be better at it, but there's no point going all out to be first to win the ball if we're under so much pressure when we have it that we just turn it over on the outside to the opposition (like Melbourne on QB). Not winning the clearances is ok if we're close enough to pressure the opposition to turn it over into space, and then we're in an even more damaging position with the ball in hand...

And I thought I was the only one on here who didn’t think centre clearances were the be all and end all. The single most relevant stat we can improve on that would make a difference to our scoring, is retaining the ball in our forward fifty line for longer. Statistically we are poor at ground balls in our own 50 and very poor at stopping an opposition from rebounding out of their own back half.
If we want to reduce the oppositions scoreline and also increase our own scoring potential, we need to retain the ball in our forward half for longer periods than we have to date.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:34 am

^ Agreed. And if we were able to better convert our scoring shots to goals would most certainly help (cost us in round 1 against cats and also against freo when early scoreboard accuracy may just have pushed the margin into unassailable leads)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: