Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Daicos v. Thomas

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:36 am
Post subject: Daicos v. ThomasReply with quote

Think after the bye it's time to give young Daicos 3-4 matches at the expense of Thomas. Yes Varcoe is vulnerable but Thomas' returns this year combined with fumbles and little score assist involvements suggest it's time to reward Daicos' whose ability to accumulate, superior disposal and whose played over 40 Reserves games.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its become an obvious call. But I also think we'll go in unchanged after a week off.

Elliott will also be available for selection very, very, soon and Adams not long after.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 am

Thomas is awesome. Would only take him out for rest. One of the most valuable members of the team, even though i can see why the knockers (who maybe don't get that footy is about team and not stats) dont quite see his value.

That goal he bobbed up to kick at the end is exactly why he is 100% certain to start in our Grand Final term if we are lucky enough to make it.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:48 am

JT keeps his spot.
He's in our best 22 every week - would not drop him. Unfortunately not all great father son names make it. Daicos may be the latest in that list. He has struggled each time he get's an AFL call up, and his VFL form is patchy at best.

He may prove me wrong, but I think he might not make it.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Heard on Monday that Bucks is rapt with JT.
Continues to do exactly as required: every week.
Hard to argue with!!!!!

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:24 am

mattdally wrote:
JT keeps his spot.
He's in our best 22 every week - would not drop him. Unfortunately not all great father son names make it. Daicos may be the latest in that list. He has struggled each time he get's an AFL call up, and his VFL form is patchy at best.

He may prove me wrong, but I think he might not make it.

putting aside the rubbish of the knockers who keep piling onto Thomas with no real justification, when it comes to Daicos, i wouldnt write him off so soon. What you just said about Daicos was also true of Brown until it wasnt. He is still young and seems to show a lot of promise. We have a lot of older guys on our list (and a few players in their mid life who havent shown much - Wills, Crocker, etc.) who could be cut before we give up on Daicos.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

I think Daicos has all the attributes to make it. He is quite a good kick, but still gets knocked off the ball easily. This is where C Brown has improved.

Hopefully he gets another chance and can establish himself, but there are a few ahead of him still.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 pm

I think young Daics is just a victim the amazing depth we currently have. His time will come if he’s happy to stay around.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:17 pm

I expect that they are trying to pace Thomas’ season a bit better, this year. Last year he had more of the ball on average and kicked a couple of bags of 4 and 5 goals (mostly against rubbish, it must be said) but he had kicked 32 of his 38 goals In 18 games and managed only 6 across his final 8 matches. I don’t think it’s so much about standout performances for him as it is about consistency. It’s better for the team that he gets a goal or two in a lot of games and finishes with 30 for the year than if he kicks 22 in 6 non-finals games and 16 in his other 20 games (and none at all in our last two finals).
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Damien wrote:
I think young Daics is just a victim the amazing depth we currently have. His time will come if he’s happy to stay around.

It's a great problem for the club to have, but frustrating for Daics at the same time. His time spent in the VFL is doing him no harm whatsoever.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Who's piling onto Thomas though?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I expect that they are trying to pace Thomas’ season a bit better, this year. Last year he had more of the ball on average and kicked a couple of bags of 4 and 5 goals (mostly against rubbish, it must be said) but he had kicked 32 of his 38 goals In 18 games and managed only 6 across his final 8 matches. I don’t think it’s so much about standout performances for him as it is about consistency. It’s better for the team that he gets a goal or two in a lot of games and finishes with 30 for the year than if he kicks 22 in 6 non-finals games and 16 in his other 20 games (and none at all in our last two finals).

Yeah but he isn't even achieving that per week

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 pm

That's a slightly surprising thing to say. Thomas has 12 goals from 12 games and has scored a goal or two in all but 3 games, so far.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:32 pm

Thomas is a very important part of our F50 dynamics. His pressure is fantastic, and he is always capable of bobbing up unexpectedly to slot a goal, so the opposition defence has to keep tabs on him. His pressure acts don't translate into tangible statistics, that is why it is why we don't just rely on stats to determine the value of a player. The number of goals JT kicks is not actually a function of his individual brilliance. It is rather a manifestation of our entire F50 team pressure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: