Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Justine Ruszczyk

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So why be a cop?

At least a black cop?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:11 am

I read an article about the culture that simply said "People are scared of the Police, and Police are scared of the people"

As a cop over there, you have to assume everyone is armed. You'd be on edge at all times

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm

exactly right
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 am

Mohamed Noor appeals his conviction for death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/mohamed-noor-to-appeal-his-conviction-for-death-of-justine-ruszczyk-damond-20190717-p527vy.html

' "The issue on appeal is whether the district court erred by limiting Mr Noor's right to present a complete defence, allowing the State of Minnesota to engage in prosecutorial misconduct, improperly instructing the jury on murder in the third degree and allowing charges to go to the jury which were not supported by probable cause," Noor's lawyers Thomas Plunkett and Peter Wold wrote in the appeal lodged in Minnesota's Court of Appeals on Tuesday.'
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:03 am

IMO a fair result

https://www.9news.com.au/world/justine-ruszczyk-killer-mohamed-noor-murder-conviction-overturned-usa-news/6358e761-8bd2-449e-8221-37b276cc42b9?ocid=edm-nine.com.au-ninedaily--210916&mktg_scr=edm-ninedaily

and i guess thats why the manslaughter charge, to, just in case the more severe is overturned.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:26 pm

I posted this at the time, and it seems like it's more or less what'll come to pass – shame they had to go about it the long way, but better than not getting it right at all I suppose.

David wrote:
I tend to agree with you here, TP – murder, even "third degree", seems an over-the-top verdict, and I do fear that draconian US sentencing will see him spend most of the rest of his life behind bars. There has to be a middle ground between letting killer cops go free (as often happens) and locking them up and throwing away the key. A manslaughter verdict and something around the 5-year prison sentence mark would probably be more appropriate given the facts of the case.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:00 pm

David wrote:
I posted this at the time, and it seems like it's more or less what'll come to pass – shame they had to go about it the long way, but better than not getting it right at all I suppose.

David wrote:
I tend to agree with you here, TP – murder, even "third degree", seems an over-the-top verdict, and I do fear that draconian US sentencing will see him spend most of the rest of his life behind bars. There has to be a middle ground between letting killer cops go free (as often happens) and locking them up and throwing away the key. A manslaughter verdict and something around the 5-year prison sentence mark would probably be more appropriate given the facts of the case.

yep. i wonder what he will do now, maybe security or something.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:36 pm

Maybe once he gets out of gaol, for now he's just taking tube steak suppositories in the showers.

I do agree that the manslaughter outcome is more appropriate, particularly when you read the requirements of the charge he was just cleared from. No way should that have got through.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: