Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you sad today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this, bet Shes had the best life, hugs, remember the good times, and get your cuddles in while you can. xxx
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:58 pm

I just watched a story on ABC the world news.

These wonderful people (government funded), saved a green turtle that had been "hit by a boat or attacked by a shark".... they nursed it back to health over a lengthy period, actually gave it a blood transfusion, following an online video posted by US vets.
It was finally released into the ocean off Darwin to "hopefully live for 100 years and produce many offspring".

What a load of rubbish!
This is what happens to green sea turtles....

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiM_Lyp1aziAhWX6nMBHZwoCRkQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fnews%2Fnsw%2Ftorres-strait-islanders-hunting-animals-under-native-titles-act-slammed-by-animal-welfare-groups%2Fnews-story%2F695b29b01a1e73ac71f0c9e5c2b0c7f8&psig=AOvVaw1MArnT1ETsDCB5AsA_YQI1&ust=1558529597538023
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:51 am

Skids, does my memory deceive me, or did you boast some years back about killing feral cats for fun at the garbage tip? While these methods of killing are somewhat disturbing to us city-dwellers, at least the animals in this article are being killed for food.

All I’m saying is I’m not sure I totally grasp your position on animal welfare.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:47 am

Thanks for the heads up David, I’ll skip the link!
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:48 am

David wrote:
Skids, does my memory deceive me, or did you boast some years back about killing feral cats for fun at the garbage tip? While these methods of killing are somewhat disturbing to us city-dwellers, at least the animals in this article are being killed for food.

All I’m saying is I’m not sure I totally grasp your position on animal welfare.

No, you're wrong. I spoke of a workmate who used to 'fish' for feral cats at the tip..... close David.
I actually came up with the humane idea of putting the feral cats (which kill millions of native; birds, marsupials and other native species) into a customized esky, that we injected CO2 in to. I got an award for that idea. And to be Frank, comparing the extermination of a feral pest to an endangered species is somewhat remarkable.

I'm simply highlighting the hypocrisy of our society.
On one hand we have the conservationist and all their wonderful work... the same group scream for human rights, apologies and continual whining about the unfair treatment of certain groups.... but then supporting those same groups rights, to carry out, what for me, are illegal acts of; hunting, fishing or camping.

It's kind of discrimination.... isn't it?

I've witnessed live turtles thrown onto a fire.... watched the tears roll from their eyes as they die an agonizing death. Perfectly legal practice for a certain group of Australians..... where do you stand?

Last edited by Skids on Thu May 23, 2019 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:54 am

think positive wrote:
Thanks for the heads up David, I’ll skip the link!

Don't like what really happens in our own backyard TP?

It's something that happens every day of the week. I can't stand it, makes me sick.... should we just turn a blind eye? Let's just celebrate the next round of footy hey Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 am

Fair point

Those turtles tears just broke my heart, that’s disgusting

Did you say anything?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Botswana have decided to allow elephant hunting again. If we give them any aid it should be stopped immediately.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 am

^ I know and not just elephants but predators as well ( the big cats ) - so gutted wonderful country that we have visited before on at least 2 occasions and loved it.

They were leaders but now they have a new Government - who knows what they have accepted from the hunting mob to do this - fist full of dollars probably!! Rolling Eyes

The problem is that with poaching and hunting in surrounding countries so prolific the population of especially elephants in Botswana has ballooned and that is impacting on the locals - the whole man vs animal vs environment argument.

But there are better ways to deal with it than trophy hunting - in Namibia for example many of the Conservancies ( like our local councils) use the money from ethical tourism to assist farmers to protect stock and crops and their water from eles and other animals.

We are back to Africa next year and have this week cancelled the Botswana leg as a result of this short sighted decision - we will watch and see and if they implement a reasonable and ethical policy we will return - if not fck em! Evil or Very Mad

Personally I think we should stop giving aid to any African country - it doesn't reach the people who need it - just more unearned cash in the pockets of their on the whole corrupt politicians Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:51 pm

I found this sad. Just 17.

Quote:
Noa Pothoven, 17, has been legally euthanised in the Netherlands, saying the pain she was dealing with after a childhood rape was “insufferable”.

Noa, from Arnhem, said in a social media post a day before her death last Sunday that she “breaths but no longer lives”.

Noa wrote an autobiography called Winning or Learning, after sexual assaults and rapes as a small girl led her to develop post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and anorexia.

She was attacked three times as a youngster.

Molested twice at childrens parties age 11-12 then raped by 2 men age 14

She didn't tell anyone for years because she was ashamed, finally opened up and then it seems everything really hit her and she literally stopped eating and drinking. Sad

Quote:
“I will get straight to the point: within a maximum of 10 days I will die. After years of battling and fighting, I am drained. I have quit eating and drinking for a while now, and after many discussions and evaluations, it was decided to let me go because my suffering is unbearable.”

“Out of fear and shame, I relive the fear, that pain every day. Always scared, always on my guard. And to this day my body still feels dirty.

“My house has been broken into, my body, that can never be undone. “

This final bit

Quote:
Dutch minister Lisa Westerveld, who first made contact with Noa in December after her newspaper interview, visited the 17-year-old before she was euthanised.

She said: “It was nice to see her again. It is also very unreal. Noa was incredibly strong and very open. I will never forget her. We will continue her struggle. “

Children as young as 12 can opt for euthanasia in the Netherlands but only after a doctor determines that the patient’s pain is unbearable.

Obviously psychological pain is included in that definition. I feel quite conflicted in this because while I support her decision, I can't believe that a 17 year old is psychologically unsalvageable. and that with treatment she couldn't have come good and lived a happy life. But, I'm not inside her head, I can't feel what she feels, so I'm in no position to judge.

Just such a shame.

Full article here. https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/noa-pothoven-of-arnhem-in-the-netherlands-is-legally-euthanised/news-story/10b49ca69733eaa11b66e1b1b8e215a1

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:01 pm

think positive wrote:
Fair point

Those turtles tears just broke my heart, that’s disgusting

Did you say anything?

The only white fella amongst 6 black fellas.... nope, I just walked off to the esky and grabbed another beer.

They love it with rice. Dujong is another one I have seen slaughtered, goannas, wrapped up in duct tape and thrown in the boot for a 3 hour road trip to 'stay fresh'.

Can fish out of season and catch whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like.

It really is a part of the 'culture' that needs to be addressed.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:14 am

It's a really troubling case, Stui, I agree. Honestly, I'm pro-euthanasia generally, but the idea of it being done for someone who isn't even legally an adult and not suffering from a terminal illness seems hard to justify. Some might say that she was going to suicide anyway (as of course many people her age already do) and that this just provided her with a more painless alternative. But it doesn't sit well.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 pm

The brother of the Australian racing legend Winx is one of thousands of exported thoroughbreds killed for meat in Korea under conditions the RSPCA has called “very distressing”.

Footage filmed secretly at the Nonghyup abattoir in South Korea last year shows horses being repeatedly beaten on the head with lengths of black polyethylene pipe in an attempt to herd them into the facility.

That treatment would be in breach both of Australian animal welfare laws and of the requirements imposed on abattoirs that process live export animals if it was part of a formal Australian supply chain, the RSPCA said.

But because the horses were exported to race or breed, rather than for slaughter, and because horses are not classified as livestock in Australia, they are outside the protection of laws that govern the live export industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/06/winxs-brother-among-australian-racehorses-killed-for-meat-in-south-korea

We love and care for horses cry the racing industry - yeah right of course you do - BUT ONLY IF THEY MAKE US ENOUGH MONEY!!! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:31 pm

^

Apart from the cruelty, it seems like a horridly expensive and stupid way to import horse meat. We have wild brumbies who could be humanely culled at a fraction of the cost and suffering and the meat exported. Why the **** would you pay exorbitant amounts for race horses to turn into hamburgers? Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:36 pm

because they are not fast enough to make money.

seriously, when is this $$%^%%$ country going to ban all, and i mean ALL live exports of animals to any country preferable, but especially any that have such barbaric records when dealing with livestock of any kind. animals born here will be aussie animals til the day they die, and we should be responsible in making damn sure they dont suffer. And yes i know a lot of work needs to be done here to.

skids, next time have the balls to say why do you have to be so cruel? eat him fine, but kill him humanely first. i cant get that picture out of my mind. i swam with giant turtles in Hawaii, they are so so trusting and beautiful. what the **** is wrong with people? and the lizards. you have some vary scummy associates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 40 of 70   

Jump to: