Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Personal behaviour vs employment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel Folau's contract has been terminated by Rugby Australia. He has 72 hours to appeal the decision.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-17/israel-folau-sacked-over-social-media-posts/11090938

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Jezza wrote:
Israel Folau's contract has been terminated by Rugby Australia. He has 72 hours to appeal the decision.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-17/israel-folau-sacked-over-social-media-posts/11090938

OHG (Oh His God) I think he needs to be smacked 666 times with the Book of Revelations; sorry that's Gary Ablett Junior no that's Sco Mo.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:49 pm

That was pretty inevitable, by the sounds of things. The real ball game is whether he wins the legal case that follows.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Not only lost his job, but future career prospects looking dim.

Quote:
Folau's professional sporting career is now in limbo, with a move to European or Japanese club rugby union hardly guaranteed.

A move back to the NRL, where his professional career began back in 2007, was ruled out last month when the league said the Australia and Queensland rugby league representative did not pass the code's "inclusiveness culture".

Not even the NRL who's players routinely abuse women, masturbate dogs, defecate in hotel corridors and urinate into their own mouths are game to employ someone branded as a homophobe.

maybe it's not the employment laws that need fixing.

K 

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:22 pm

David wrote:
That was pretty inevitable, by the sounds of things. The real ball game is whether he wins the legal case that follows.

Well, David, there's another ball game too: whether Raelene Castle will be sacked or forced to resign.

This is from the NZH, but it's just quoting the SMH:

'"Castle and her executive team, including head of player contracting Nick Taylor, will not escape scrutiny for their contributions to the crisis that has gripped the code since Folau's April 10 Instagram post condemning gay people to hell," she wrote.

"Their oversights appear to have left RA exposed and on shaky legal ground in the ensuing storm."

Castle wanted him to sign an additional clause to his contract, signed a month earlier, that would prevent him bringing the game into disrepute via social media.

"Castle wanted to cement their relationship after a rocky year but, crucially, also to talk him around to agreeing to something someone had forgotten to include in the original contract Folau had signed on October 10," Robinson reported.

It is also claimed that Castle erred by never seeking Rugby Union Players' Association consent, meaning that any amendment to the Folau contract would have been potentially invalid anyway.'
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Not only lost his job, but future career prospects looking dim.

Quote:
Folau's professional sporting career is now in limbo, with a move to European or Japanese club rugby union hardly guaranteed.

A move back to the NRL, where his professional career began back in 2007, was ruled out last month when the league said the Australia and Queensland rugby league representative did not pass the code's "inclusiveness culture".

Not even the NRL who's players routinely abuse women, masturbate dogs, defecate in hotel corridors and urinate into their own mouths are game to employ someone branded as a homophobe.

maybe it's not the employment laws that need fixing.

I'm with you: ban NRL.

K 

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 pm

I often wonder how these sports administrators (e.g. Gillon) get their jobs. Does being a past Geelong player make S. Hocking any more suitable for his job than a hundred other guys? Castle's father was NZ's (RL) captain.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 pm

If you bothered to look, you wouldn't need to ask. Steve Hocking has been in football administration for decades Rolling Eyes
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Quote:
As Australians, we are born with certain rights, including the right to freedom of religion and the right to freedom of expression.

I think Folau is confusing us with a free country. Common mistake.
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Re rolling eyes:

How do you think he got into that? Do you think he'd have got the Geelong admin job without the Geelong playing career? And I think "decades" is an exaggeration. More like one decade, which you'd know if you bothered to look. And however long his Geelong admin stuff was, it wasn't related to changing the game's rules.

Just as Castle didn't parachute straight into the RA CEO position... and I never claimed she did.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:07 pm

<snip – let’s try to keep things respectful. Thanks, David for BBMods.>
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:20 pm

What did you think I looked up? I didn't look anything up. That's all old information. Hocking retired only in the mid 90s, so it was obvious that he can't have been in admin for "decades" unless he went almost immediately from playing to admin. Not that how long he or she were in admin was the point anyway.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:

OHG (Oh His God) I think he needs to be smacked 666 times with the Book of Revelations; sorry that's Gary Ablett Junior no that's Sco Mo.

huh, if GAblett had posted it not just liked it, he would have been knighted, applauded, and given an extra $$%^%%$ brownlow! $$%^%%$ hocking and the whole $$%^%%$ dirty cheating bullshit tribunal, feet off the ground, raised elbow, no fricken ball within 5 metres, but hey yeah, sorryweinturruptedyoureveningsirfrickengablett!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:40 pm

and 2 weeks running at that!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
<snip – let’s try to keep things respectful. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

Really?

FMD. Confused Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 8 of 21   

Jump to: