Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Harvard students have a peculiar understanding of what it is that criminal defence lawyers do:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/11/us/ronald-sullivan-harvard.html

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Hubby had a car meeting tonight, i managed to get out of it, so apparently the guy who owns or runs Avalon speedway gave one of my pics from the facebook page i help run, to the Geelong advertiser, and they printed it! "cool, where is it?' huh? you mean you didnt ask for a copy, no one kept me one?? ugh. bugger. I dont even know which one it was, apparently a panorama, ive taken heaps there! Oh and now the club president says i should watermark my pics because people are copying them to their pages - im happy for them too- but with the clubs watermark! i didnt know they had one!!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 am

David wrote:
It seems Harvard students have a peculiar understanding of what it is that criminal defence lawyers do:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/11/us/ronald-sullivan-harvard.html

And will be cheering when Julian Assange is kangaroo courted. I suppose when they eventually get to court and find "it was on twitter so must be true" defence costs a client millions and they end up ambulance chasing in Arkansas they might wake up.

Though hardly surprising when "we have rights" does not apply to those in GITMO and Freedom of the press only applies if you work for Fox.

In the meantime feel free to to mass shoot people going about mundane duties such as attending church, going to school or work because "we have a right".

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:29 am

think positive wrote:
Hubby had a car meeting tonight, i managed to get out of it, so apparently the guy who owns or runs Avalon speedway gave one of my pics from the facebook page i help run, to the Geelong advertiser, and they printed it! "cool, where is it?' huh? you mean you didnt ask for a copy, no one kept me one?? ugh. bugger. I dont even know which one it was, apparently a panorama, ive taken heaps there! Oh and now the club president says i should watermark my pics because people are copying them to their pages - im happy for them too- but with the clubs watermark! i didnt know they had one!!

Many years ago my late grandad was a keen photographer and used to make slides etc. He was in Perth zoo and taking photos of the lions and a lioness put her head in the boss cockies mouth and out. When he got his slides back before and after were not there. A note in his sleeve said this photo could not be developed. 2 years later he was sitting in Drs surgery and he he picks au a National geographic and there is is his photo that had run second in an international competition and "Kodak team photographer wins 1000 dollar" for coming second. He spoke to a lawyer and he said Kodak will simply out lawyer you, they will produce so many reams of bullshit that you will lose your house before it even gets to trial. In this day of social media he could simply produce before and after shots and a cheque would be in the mail.

But you post on stuff like facebook and you lose your rights.

Tell Avalon Jo you will settle for 2 free seats and a garage visit and you say no more. Oh and a a few bourbons.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:25 am

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:

Many years ago my late grandad was a keen photographer and used to make slides etc. He was in Perth zoo and taking photos of the lions and a lioness put her head in the boss cockies mouth and out. When he got his slides back before and after were not there. A note in his sleeve said this photo could not be developed. 2 years later he was sitting in Drs surgery and he he picks au a National geographic and there is is his photo that had run second in an international competition and "Kodak team photographer wins 1000 dollar" for coming second. He spoke to a lawyer and he said Kodak will simply out lawyer you, they will produce so many reams of bullshit that you will lose your house before it even gets to trial. In this day of social media he could simply produce before and after shots and a cheque would be in the mail.

But you post on stuff like facebook and you lose your rights.

Tell Avalon Jo you will settle for 2 free seats and a garage visit and you say no more. Oh and a a few bourbons.

Hehe, I’m not worried about getting anything, I just want a copy of the paper! Avalon is not much of a track now, and I have a pit crew licence, it’s just a paddock, no garages! It’s just for my ego!

I’d be pissed off about the zoo one though, that’s disgusting. When I was a 2nd year apprentice I mentioned a cost saving thing to my leading hand, I didn’t know they had a suggestions programme, he entered it and won $500, back then that was 4 weeks pay for me! He bragged that it was my idea and The guys in the garage really let him have it! And that’s why commodores switched to straight grease nipples instead of 45 degree ones on their bottom ball joints!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm

I personally prefer straight nipples on my ball joint. Wink Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:12 am

stui magpie wrote:
I personally prefer straight nipples on my ball joint. Wink Razz

You like the cheap ones? Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am

Shit is getting real.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/16/homophobic-emails-against-kerryn-phelps-referred-to-counter-terrorism-squad

Given how crazy and inept these emails are, this is more or less how the battle seems to be playing out:

https://youtu.be/EdDvAGypSL0

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Interesting that they chose to print the word Cnut. Confused

Whoever this doofus sending the emails is, they seem to have stepped too far this time.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 pm

You reckon? I still wouldn't be surprised if the police utterly fail to turn anything up on them.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Even money says it's a hoax designed to discredit her opponent.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Wokko wrote:
Even money says it's a hoax designed to discredit her opponent.

You left the letters “un” out in the front of ur post; typo I’m sure

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Nope. Barking up the wrong tree there, I suspect. My theory is that it's somebody who runs a small racket claiming to advocate for Indian workers seeking to migrate to and work in Australia – some 457 scam, or something. The emails usually come back to that, and they've been doing this far longer than Phelps or Sharma have been around. My suspicion is that the Phelps thing is just a weird obsession, and that they're loopy enough to genuinely think that Sharma's election will somehow aid their scheme.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

I think we should have a Q&A panel about that prospect, David. I won't watch, of course (I never do) - but it's plainly an important issue and there should be a panel. Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Absolutely! I'm even considering returning to my unfinished journalism degree just to get to the bottom of this. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 257, 258, 259 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 258 of 277   

Jump to: