Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 691, 692, 693 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody bollocksy b*stad new hospital! Had to cancel my ADO and get up at 0600 to present to the Anaesthetists at 0700- it was still dark and even better raining and freezing when I left home!! Evil or Very Mad

Yeah yeah I know lots of people get up early all the time - I am not one of them - that's still the bloody middle of the night Razz
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 pm

^ love it..farmers calling for more support.....

when are farmers never wanting more.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
NOT long enough - fckn oxygen thief!!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/ute-driver-who-filmed-himself-mowing-down-emus-gets-42-days-in-jail-20190509-p51lo9.html

They can be culled with a license though Confused

Farmers say emus causing widespread damage

Mr Crabtree says because of an especially productive breeding season, emus are causing more damage than usual.

"Emus that have got 8 to 10 chicks are very common," he said.

He says farmers getting hit the hardest need more support.

"Us farmers on the boundary of the bush are the first line of defence I guess for the rest of the agricultural area, so it would be nice to see some kind of assistance for those of us that are on the edge," he said.

The Department of Environment and Conservation says it is working to manage the birds which have increased in population.

A spokesman says farmers can apply for a damage licence to have the animals removed from certain problem areas.

However, the Department says emus are a protected species and can only be killed with an approved licence

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-28/farmers-say-emus-causing-widespread-damage/4396258

Then there's this.....

Every five or ten years Western Australia’s emus undertake mass migrations in search of food. On the way they encounter the 1,170km State Barrier Fence, which seeks to stop dingos, emus and kangaroos entering farms.

A large proportion of these emus die of starvation, after becoming tangled in the fence, or are shot. The WA Government’s current plan to extend the fence poses even more serious threats to the region’s native plants and animals.

Previously known as the “rabbit-proof fence”, the barrier has failed to stop feral rabbits invading farms. The fence has now been turned against native fauna.

The WA Government plans to build a multi-million dollar, 490km extension of the existing fence, creating a largely continuous barrier through five bioregions from north of Geraldton to Cape Arid.

http://theconversation.com/all-cost-little-benefit-was-barrier-fence-is-bad-news-for-biodiversity-12333

Big difference between a surprise shot between the ears and running terrified, then being run over and left to die in agony.

I can’t believe you would reply with this

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:29 am

Morrigu wrote:
Bloody bollocksy b*stad new hospital! Had to cancel my ADO and get up at 0600 to present to the Anaesthetists at 0700- it was still dark and even better raining and freezing when I left home!! Evil or Very Mad

Yeah yeah I know lots of people get up early all the time - I am not one of them - that's still the bloody middle of the night Razz

WTF were you presenting to Anaesthesists? How to have a personality for beginners? A case study, she's half your age, she loves your wallet.?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:35 am

Politicians in general.

We have the WA treasurer & premier running around saying what a fantastic job the ALP have done to put the WA economy back in the black.... what a crock of shit!

There's 2 reasons WA's economy is booming again; the rise in Iron Ore price & the increase in GST funding returned by the federal government. These maggots will blow it all again, they're pathetic!

WA budget: iron ore prices, GST top-up help state reach surplus.

That, Mr McGowan said, was $4.1 billion lower than forecast when Labor first came to power and made WA the only state in the country where debt is falling.

“I’m not going to be the premier who finishes paying off the Liberal-National debt, but I will be the premier who starts it,” he said.
Rolling Eyes

While Mr Wyatt has emphasised the government’s efforts to keep a lid on spending, the reversal in the state’s fortunes have been primarily driven by the spike in iron ore royalties.

A year ago, WA was expecting an average iron ore price of just over $80 a tonne based on commodity price and exchange rate forecasts at the time. Today, following a sharp rise in iron ore prices after the Brumadinho tailings dam collapse in Brazil and a fall in the value of the Australian dollar, the benchmark iron ore price is sitting at around $128 a tonne.

WA will also enjoy a $434 million top-up in GST in financial 2019 as the first step in putting a floor under the portion of GST receipts retained by the state.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/wa-budget-iron-ore-prices-gst-increase-helps-state-reach-surplus/news-story/c88feecc037a624cf22689801bc12270
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 am

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
NOT long enough - fckn oxygen thief!!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/ute-driver-who-filmed-himself-mowing-down-emus-gets-42-days-in-jail-20190509-p51lo9.html

They can be culled with a license though Confused

Farmers say emus causing widespread damage

Mr Crabtree says because of an especially productive breeding season, emus are causing more damage than usual.

"Emus that have got 8 to 10 chicks are very common," he said.

He says farmers getting hit the hardest need more support.

"Us farmers on the boundary of the bush are the first line of defence I guess for the rest of the agricultural area, so it would be nice to see some kind of assistance for those of us that are on the edge," he said.

The Department of Environment and Conservation says it is working to manage the birds which have increased in population.

A spokesman says farmers can apply for a damage licence to have the animals removed from certain problem areas.

However, the Department says emus are a protected species and can only be killed with an approved licence

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-28/farmers-say-emus-causing-widespread-damage/4396258

Then there's this.....

Every five or ten years Western Australia’s emus undertake mass migrations in search of food. On the way they encounter the 1,170km State Barrier Fence, which seeks to stop dingos, emus and kangaroos entering farms.

A large proportion of these emus die of starvation, after becoming tangled in the fence, or are shot. The WA Government’s current plan to extend the fence poses even more serious threats to the region’s native plants and animals.

Previously known as the “rabbit-proof fence”, the barrier has failed to stop feral rabbits invading farms. The fence has now been turned against native fauna.

The WA Government plans to build a multi-million dollar, 490km extension of the existing fence, creating a largely continuous barrier through five bioregions from north of Geraldton to Cape Arid.

http://theconversation.com/all-cost-little-benefit-was-barrier-fence-is-bad-news-for-biodiversity-12333

Big difference between a surprise shot between the ears and running terrified, then being run over and left to die in agony.

I can’t believe you would reply with this

I was just highlighting reality TP.

This bloke wouldn't be the first farmer to run down Emu's and I bet London to a brick he won't be the last..... he was just stupid enough to film and post it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:46 am

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

WTF were you presenting to Anaesthesists? How to have a personality for beginners? A case study, she's half your age, she loves your wallet.?

Maybe “uses for anaesthesia that don’t involve your neigbour’s cat”?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

How to walk in at the exact moment the doctor says "It's too late now for an epidural"
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing MTP and blood management in the new joint. Strangely they are my favourites - the old crusty types departed a few years ago and have been replaced with young, enthusiastic, engaged and personable types - I know Shocked Maybe the gasses haven't got them yet Wink Razz
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Morrigu wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing MTP and blood management in the new joint. Strangely they are my favourites - the old crusty types departed a few years ago and have been replaced with young, enthusiastic, engaged and personable types - I know Shocked Maybe the gasses haven't got them yet Wink Razz

New joint as in place (come round to my joint) or joint as in your feet / ankle / arthritis etc or joint as in marijuana as a type of anaethsthetic?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 pm

New hospital, see above above, where is this new hospital?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:43 pm

^ on site where Sunshine Hospital is - it's called the Joan Kirner Women's and Children's - that's it - not hospital as it doesn't have an ED that is still SH.

It really is a beautiful facility - better than any private hospital I've ever seen that's for sure.

Fabulous for patients and their families Cool

http://www.westernhealth.org.au/OurSites/JKWCH/Pages/About%20the%20Joan%20Kirner%20Women's%20and%20Children's%20Hospital.aspx
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:52 pm

That vaguely rings a bell, awesome, good to hear they did a good job.
that place is massive now! Have to say I know a few people who have been admitted to sunshine and they all have good things to say about it.

The children’s part is sorely needed for sure , the children’s in the city is excellent but it’s always packed. Sunshine is easy to get to too, when the ring road is moving anyhow, good stuff

Not the early morning bit though!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Grandsons mother pushing buttons.

Wanted to see the kid over the weekend so the son organised a supervised visit for her at his house. He shot through (smart move) and got my daughter, his sister to supervise the visit, his half brother was also there but probably coned into space.

So mamma apparently strolls into the house like she owns the place, makes herself a coffee and helps herself to donuts from the pantry, and proceeds to share them with the kid. When my daughter objected, she copped "He's my son, I can do what I like". Thank geebus the son wasn't there, the daughter has far better self control .

On a positive note, he boight the kid over yesterday arvo rather than for dinner and got me to help him with his centre link claim. He doesn't have a computer like most modern kids and relies on his phone. I was able to upload docs using 2 screens on the PC and multiple browser windows in a fraction of the time it would have taken him, while the kid is squawking at me wanting to go into the park. Finished off the forms, left the son to watch footy with my mum and to the chorus of "Come on grandad, let's go" we went into the park.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 pm

^ Get that Family Court Order in pronto - she's going to be a right PIA!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 691, 692, 693 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 692 of 719   

Jump to: