Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reporting a Post to Mods

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Post subject: Reporting a Post to ModsReply with quote

Very rarely, I feel compelled to report a post.

I have only done this in the past, if the Nickster has become a sort of serial offender and nothing decisive appears to have been done by the Mods, who I grant have a difficult and thankless job.

Recently, I found that on attempting to report a post, this message came up:

This post has been reported to the moderators

Unless the reason for your report is likely to be obvious to the responding moderator, please take the time to submit a brief explanation.

My feedback is that the wording of this message discourages the multiple reporting of a post. This then prevents the Mods from getting a read on the general level of dissatisfaction from members, regarding the particular post.

Could I suggest that the message above is reworded, so that all who wish to report a post are encouraged to do so? For example:

This post has been reported to the moderators.
Please feel free to make an additional report, with the proviso that moderators may not be able to respond individually to all members who have reported the post

I have included the rider that the Mods may not have the capacity to reply to individual members if the post has been reported multiple times. This should offset any sense of the moderators being overwhelmed by the volume of reports. Simultaneously though, it will enable members to still feel satisfied that they have been able to raise their concerns.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: