Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 690, 691, 692 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about calls for law change e.g. mandatory minimum sentencing?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Here's some updated data: https://www.sentencingcouncil.vic.gov.au/publications/sentencing-snapshots/224-manslaughter-higher-courts-victoria

This covers the 5 years to 2017-18. No-one got more than 13 years. Of 68 people sentenced, 60 got less than 11 years and the most common sentence was - wait for it - "8 to less than 9 years".

I honestly can’t understand how they came up with manslaughter,

Surely the fact he don’t say what happened points to intent?

I do get where your coming from, I just don’t like it

Cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:49 pm

How the fckn hell can anyone think that poaching moon bear cubs from the wild - after killing their mother - and then keeping them in concrete cages dressing them in stupid outfits, dragging them around in chains and torturing them to ride motorcycles etc for the entertainment of humans is even remotely acceptable!!! WTF seriously WTF!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

https://www.animalsasia.org/au/media/news/news-archive/breaking-two-endangered-bear-cubs-rescued-from-vietnamese-circus-after-animals-asia-expose.html

Thankfully they are out of that disgusting place now and safely homed in the wonderful Animals Asia sanctuary in Tam Dao where they will be able to just be bear cubs and live out their lives free from human cruelty!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 pm

I remember a couple of years back watching a heap of moon bears being rescued from some island on the net, when will this end? So disgusting.

Any chance they will get that poor elephant out of there too??

Time for another donation

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm

^ They are somewhat hamstrung as apparently the "circus" has papers showing "ownership" of the other animals trapped in cruelty Twisted Evil

But they will continue to try - they are a wonderful dedicated and compassionate organisation - Jill Robinson is my absolute hero - she has set up AA in such a way that they focus on educating and understand they can't just barge in and demand especially in Asian countries and they are achieving wonderful outcomes for animals in Asia - still a long way to go until the cruelty ends!

You know we still have circuses in Australia that have animal performances including lions - just WTF - that's not entertainment it's just cruelty Crying or Very sad In this day and age what parent takes a kid to that FFS?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:49 pm

Just unbelievable in this da6 and age. I just googled it, and some of th3 comments are gobsmacking. WTF is wrong with people?

https://www.couriermail.com.au/rendezview/australia-must-ban-wild-animals-in-the-circus/news-story/3455d6931ad686e01cc0b3a546238c5a

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:57 pm

How the $$%^%%$ hell did GAblett get off? Lifted his elbow, feet off the ground, the bloody comp is fricken rigged!

Got to be 2 this week surely! An extra for making the tribunal look stupid!

Last edited by think positive on Sun May 12, 2019 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:09 pm

First world problems I know, but last Friday I dropped 3 suits into the dry cleaners to be picked up on Monday.

Left work early yesterday to get to the dry cleaners before 5:30, sorry suits aren't ready, can you come back tomorrow.

Did the same today, same result. Suits still aren't back. Can I come back tomorrow? No I can't come back tomorrow, I've left early 2 days in a row, I can't get here before 5:30 tomorrow.

So, long story short, she rang her boss and he delivered them to my home. Happy with that, but annoyed it came to that.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Gees great service though!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Yeah, in the end. I try really hard in those situations not to take it out on the person behind the counter. It's not their fault, but I do get frustrated.

I have low expectations with customer service, i just want what I asked for in the time we agreed to. Do that, I'm happy. Don't do it and apologising just annoys me, but I take a deep breath. It's the same when I go out to eat, order a rare steak and get a piece of cremated shoe sole. I don't want an apology, I don't want another steak, I just want you to hold up your end of the bargain in the first place.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:01 pm

NOT long enough - fckn oxygen thief!!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/ute-driver-who-filmed-himself-mowing-down-emus-gets-42-days-in-jail-20190509-p51lo9.html
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:44 am

yeah i saw that, id like him to be chased and mowed down, something to be said for an eye for an eye,
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:16 pm

Day 1 back at work after 17 days off Sad

At least its cooled down up here, mid 20's is very nice.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Morrigu wrote:
NOT long enough - fckn oxygen thief!!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/ute-driver-who-filmed-himself-mowing-down-emus-gets-42-days-in-jail-20190509-p51lo9.html

They can be culled with a license though Confused

Farmers say emus causing widespread damage

Mr Crabtree says because of an especially productive breeding season, emus are causing more damage than usual.

"Emus that have got 8 to 10 chicks are very common," he said.

He says farmers getting hit the hardest need more support.

"Us farmers on the boundary of the bush are the first line of defence I guess for the rest of the agricultural area, so it would be nice to see some kind of assistance for those of us that are on the edge," he said.

The Department of Environment and Conservation says it is working to manage the birds which have increased in population.

A spokesman says farmers can apply for a damage licence to have the animals removed from certain problem areas.

However, the Department says emus are a protected species and can only be killed with an approved licence

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-28/farmers-say-emus-causing-widespread-damage/4396258

Then there's this.....

Every five or ten years Western Australia’s emus undertake mass migrations in search of food. On the way they encounter the 1,170km State Barrier Fence, which seeks to stop dingos, emus and kangaroos entering farms.

A large proportion of these emus die of starvation, after becoming tangled in the fence, or are shot. The WA Government’s current plan to extend the fence poses even more serious threats to the region’s native plants and animals.

Previously known as the “rabbit-proof fence”, the barrier has failed to stop feral rabbits invading farms. The fence has now been turned against native fauna.

The WA Government plans to build a multi-million dollar, 490km extension of the existing fence, creating a largely continuous barrier through five bioregions from north of Geraldton to Cape Arid.

http://theconversation.com/all-cost-little-benefit-was-barrier-fence-is-bad-news-for-biodiversity-12333
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:03 pm

There was a historic event where the Army took on a herd of Emus, and lost.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 690, 691, 692 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 691 of 719   

Jump to: